Dynadot

domains GoDaddy acquiring Uniregistry's registrar & marketplace, and Name Administration's domain portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The first blockbuster deal of the decade. GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced it is acquiring Uniregistry's leading domain registrar and marketplace businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q2 2020. The Uniregistry domain registry is not part of the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Marchex got $140 name
Mike Berkens $500 a name

Those days are long gone, that was before .com had so much competition from ccTLDs and New gTLDs

and keep in mind that a lot of the better names were already sold out of the portfolio by Frank before this deal.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
puh lease, price hike pales in comparison to Frank’s past “hikes”
My guess he was trying to stabilize the burn on the Uniregistry side. Your right it did not go well, including godaddy blacklisting many extensions from their platform. Fast forward, and now they own the company.

•••
Those days are long gone, that was befor .com had so much competition from ccTLDs and New gTLDs

IMO
You would be surprised how many of those $500-$3000 4L.coms they flip in the $20-$50k range. They work their personal portfolio really hard when it comes to end users.

Ask anyone who has ever got a quote for a name for them.

•••
My guess he was trying to stabilize the burn on the Uniregistry side. Your right it did not go well, including godaddy blacklisting many extensions from their platform. Fast forward, and now they own the company.

honestly, Verisign may have greatest cash cow contract of all time... but it runs out 2024 and as said 7% pale comparison and plenty of time until 2024, no need, rush anything based off tht

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Yes, many investors would team up to cherry pick his portfolio for $10M, it was churning good cash flow per month, so maybe Frank didn’t like where verisign is going with price hikes, and thought it was time to get out.

Right he got a lot more than $10million juice would be nowhere near worth the squeeze. Frank is not taking $28.60 a name. It does not matter what's sellable you need to pay per the whole portfolio. Mike did not have 70,000 names GoDaddy would sell, they got 106 3L.coms and Dirty.com so they had to pay x amount for 123Getyourgrooveon.com too.

•••
Those days are long gone, that was before .com had so much competition from ccTLDs and New gTLDs

and keep in mind that a lot of the better names were already sold out of the portfolio by Frank before this deal.

IMO

Those days aren't gone Frank would not be taking less than Marchex.

Go look at Rick's Poll the lowest number is $100 to $200 million and that's for Frank's portfolio most people I talked to think Uniregistry is the $10 million or less part.

https://twitter.com/DomainKing/status/1227554061702115328

•••
•••

Go look at Rick's Poll the lowest number is $100 to $200 million and that's for Frank's portfolio most people I talked to think Uniregistry is the $10 million or less part.

I agree he could churn $10M in 2 months if he brought down many of his asks, and went back to old leads. He was always bullish on domains, and anyone who saw how aggressive they bid at namejet understood how they felt about the value, and potential of domains.

•••
I agree he could churn $10M in 2 months if he brought down many of his asks, and went back to old leads. He was always bullish on domains, and anyone who saw how aggressive they bid at namejet understood how they felt about the value, and potential of domains.

I think some people don't know how wealthy Frank is before this deal.

•••
What do you think was the final sales price for
@Frank_Schilling
portfolio? #Domains #Domain #RealEstate #Branding #Marketing #GTLD #Advertising #ads #Property #properties

$100MM-$200MM
30.3%
$200MM-$300MM
28.3%
$300MM-$500MM
21.6%
Over $500MM
19.8%

509 votes · 6 days left

i’ll give the same answer gave DI; 500M+ costs at least the 2019 GD buyback!
Has to if u have half bill to buyback stock, you’ll have another to buy Frank out.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Well Marchex and Mike's deal are ancient history, I am telling you how I feel about this deal today in 2020, but I could be wrong so we just have to wait for the reports to come out.

IMO

•••
You would be surprised how many of those $500-$3000 4L.coms they flip in the $20-$50k range. They work their personal portfolio really hard when it comes to end users.

Ask anyone who has ever got a quote for a name for them.

I know they already sold the best ones, This portfolio has already been squeezed by an expert team of brokers for every cent before it was sold.

The approximate 50000 viable two word business domains that are going to be sifted from the portfolio are worth around 10 million to me (and as I said before that's only for the portfolio and not the rest of the stuff that was included in the deal).

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Don't know what I got to page 40 hit the back button and now getting random names so not just a and b

gevt.com
sweetandsourchicken.com
crosscountryrunning.com
pinkk.com
maxxi.com
tjo.net
woolo.com
beforethebell.com
internetjargon.com
analmassage.com
scentedmassageoils.com
floridadaycare.com
ichiban.com a lot of Japanese restaurants with the name
foldingbikes.com
babyturtles.com

•••
beforethebell?

i have “latebell” better imo y most 4+ syllables?

gevt.com probably only good one IMO...

Samer

Last edited:
•••
beforethebell?

Samer

Before the bell is very good in my opinion it relates to before the stock market opens.

Search Results
Top stories

CNN Business
Before the Bell

CNN.com
18 hours ago

10 things you need
to know before the
opening bell

Markets Insider - Business Insider
18 hours ago

What to Watch
Before the
Bell: Carnival,
Healthcare Stocks and Cisco

TheStreet
10 hours ago
More for before the bell
Web results
www.cnn.com › specials › investing › before-the-bell

Before the Bell - CNN

Subscribe to the Before the Bell Newsletter. CNN Business' expert reporters lead you through the latest news in the fast-changing world of global markets, with ...
www.marketwatch.com › before-the-bell

Before the bell - MarketWatch

The version of Adobe Flash Player required to view this interactive has not been found. To enjoy our complete interactive experience, please download a free ...
www.marketwatch.com › column › before-the-bell

Latest from Before the Bell column - MarketWatch

The latest Before the Bell column from MarketWatch.

•••
beforethebell?

Samer
They bought gevt from namejet a year ago for $350, they were big buyers of 4L’s on that exchange.

•••
There is a second group of names on DomainIQ because of how they categorize them under another account, only difference is the
Name Administration Inc. (bvi)
Name Administration Inc.

Here are some liquid names 3 character names and others

049.net
0hk.com
0qt.com
16d.com
17e.com
36x.com
3ll.com
45a.com
4su.com
54r.com
5ae.com
5zr.com
6br.com
6mp.com
6pr.com
6xv.com
aaxu.com
aazv.com
abgb.com
abhy.com
abjh.com

•••
Everyone should get an analmassage.com beforethebell.com. :)

•••
There is a second group of names on DomainIQ because of how they categorize them under another account, only difference is the
Name Administration Inc. (bvi)
Name Administration Inc.

Here are some liquid names 3 character names and others

049.net
0hk.com
0qt.com
16d.com
17e.com
36x.com
3ll.com
45a.com
4su.com
54r.com
5ae.com
5zr.com
6br.com
6mp.com
6pr.com
6xv.com
aaxu.com
aazv.com
abgb.com
abhy.com
abjh.com
Haven’t seen anything like wheelsup.com yet, which he sold back on 2012 for $50K, the buyer who bought the domain said he was offered $500K for it soon after. So people can realize how long he has been at this, but 350,000 isn’t exactly a small sample of names to go thru. As stated if there is only 50,000 exceptional names of the batch you are looking at 1 in 7.

The one thing people don’t know Frank was an innovator in the space, the tools that you see in Uniregistry today, were built back in the 00’s, and was exclusive for only the best portfolios, and parking payouts were very generous on DNS. He was years ahead of the rest when it came to data, and researching the leads, while most were giving blind offers on sedo to who knows who, these guys knew who they were quoting, and quoted accordingly.

Last edited:
•••
@equity78 Yeah, Ichiban is a great one. Lots of potential end users.

•••
@SuperBrander more like this?

acdq.com
abty.com
abvh.com
91h.com
99724.com
99bottlesofbeer.com
9yu.com
a5p.com
a6p.com
a7v.com
adhu.com
adfd.com
acvs.com
acvu.com
acrb.com
adto.com
aeak.com
aejo.com
aeka.com
aemp.com
afou.com
afsr.com
afve.com
agdf.com
agentsales.com
agfq.com
agiu.com
ahdd.
ahi.net
ahio.com
ahman.com
ahnw.com
aiby.com
aijm.com
aipg.com
aipx.com

Last edited:
•••
@equity78 Oh, yeah. Now we're talking. Adto.com is pretty damn sweet. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Haven’t seen anything like wheelsup.com yet, which he sold back on 2012 for $50K, the buyer who bought the domain said he was offered $500K for it soon after. So people can realize how long he has been at this, but 350,000 isn’t exactly a small sample of names to go thru. As stated if there is only 50,000 exceptional names of the batch you are looking at 1 in 7.

The one thing people don’t know Frank was an innovator in the space, the tools that you see in Uniregistry today, were built back in the 00’s, and was exclusive for only the best portfolios, and parking payouts were very generous on DNS. He was years ahead of the rest when it came to data, and researching the leads, while most were giving blind offers on sedo to who knows who, these guys knew who they were quoting, and quoted accordingly.

Exactly, DomainNameSales.com and Uniregistry were first his personal tool set.

•••
@equity78 Oh, yeah. Now we're talking. Adto.com is pretty sweet. Thanks.

The LL that start with Ai and AD should do well, and more than likely like @wwwweb mentioned Frank might have asked $50,000 to $100,000 GoDaddy will now ask $5,000 to $10,000.

•••
It will be really interesting to see how namefind prices these ones, mainly the appraisal tool is about $2,000 $3,500 on these kind of names. If you ask Name Media for a quote your going to get $20-$40K, maybe more if they see your a whale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back