Domain Empire

GoDaddy account rep

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I got email from my Godaddy account manager.He offered me to renew domains for me or to use the link he provided to me when I go online to renew them.There is no extra discount so what is the point?Why should I use this link when I go online to renew my domains?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please quote the email he sent so we can try and tell it's purpose.

•••
Could have been a spoof email.. double-check that the links come from GoDaddy and not somewhere else. Maybe he's phishing for CC info.

polo said:
Hi,
I got email from my Godaddy account manager.He offered me to renew domains for me or to use the link he provided to me when I go online to renew them.There is no extra discount so what is the point?Why should I use this link when I go online to renew my domains?
Thanks a lot

•••
“If you want to go on line to renew please use the link provided below so I can better track your account and thus get you the best service possible.”

The email is from Godaddy indeed but I can't see the reason to use this link.
Regards

•••
Sounds phishy to me.. I'd use the normal links.. or check the noemal links against the one provided.

polo said:
“If you want to go on line to renew please use the link provided below so I can better track your account and thus get you the best service possible.”

The email is from Godaddy indeed but I can't see the reason to use this link.
Regards

•••
•••
I don't know, but if you want to renew your domains, just go to godaddy.com & log in to your account that way. Just to be safe! :)

•••
link is dead but its odd.

Having said that, Godaddy have been doing odd things lately anyway with cross linking of their other sites, fishing for WWD reseller customers, etc...

I called them up once and they refunded me $ for each customer they emailed of mine. That was nice, but thankfully the damage was not that much.

I guess we will just need to keep an eye on both Gdaddy/WWD/Bluerazor and whatever sites they run.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back