Dynadot

GoDaddy Account Push Issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Soofi

Love Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Is anybody facing Godaddy Account Push Issues?

Kindly advise as most of us have been facing trouble while pushing a domain name to another user at GD! :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Got issues as well. Very annoying and one pissed off buyer. If my sale falls through I'm done with GD.

•••
If you send me the domain I will take a look and see if I can help.

•••
@Joe Styler looked into it and it seems to be an issue on the gaining account unrelated to the 'tweaked' push process. Cheers Joe!

•••
So my turn to see how this works. Domain sold at Afternic, to be pushed to their Escrow account at GoDaddy. I called my rep, wasn't available, got another rep. They don't even know about the new system. Rep said something about the nameservers option, I told him it wasn't there any more. Just email address, optional customer number and then the option of Yes or No for the contact info. He said pick No, it would be smoother. So we'll see.

@Joe Styler - Do the Reps know about this new way of doing things? VIP reps of all people. It seems like something where you would get them all together for a meeting and go thru it.

Last edited:
•••
24D45F10-2683-4365-B306-857ECBCAF35E.png
This is what I’m seeing when I’m on “ Pending account Changes” “Transfer out”

.... nothing... just nothing... and I have one domain with account change in progress, but now can’t do nothing

•••
I am seeing the same, have two names in progress. Transfer out window is blank.

•••
You can try the older version as I mentioned above. That might work

•••
So my turn to see how this works. Domain sold at Afternic, to be pushed to their Escrow account at GoDaddy. I called my rep, wasn't available, got another rep. They don't even know about the new system. Rep said something about the nameservers option, I told him it wasn't there any more. Just email address, optional customer number and then the option of Yes or No for the contact info. He said pick No, it would be smoother. So we'll see.

@Joe Styler - Do the Reps know about this new way of doing things? VIP reps of all people. It seems like something where you would get them all together for a meeting and go thru it.
Yes they do know about it and there was a meeting. I think two. Also they have a training doc they can access easily that shows the whole process. The issue here is probably that there are two ways to do the COA and each has it's own subpaths. Some people see one and some are using the other. It will all be cleared up to one path soon as they make some other releases in the very near future. They have been continually making them over the past few weeks and the end state will be a single (easier) path.

•••
Show attachment 119034 This is what I’m seeing when I’m on “ Pending account Changes” “Transfer out”

.... nothing... just nothing... and I have one domain with account change in progress, but now can’t do nothing
It may not show up in your pending account changes screen until the person gaining the domain clicks the accept button on their email.
If you send me the domains I can take a look.

•••
Just to clarify...
If I am trying to push a GD domain to another GD account...
Where it asks: Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?
I should say 'Yes'?
I do NOT want to activate the 60-day registrar lock.
Then, does the recipient need to log in and accept the transfer in?

I don't know why I am receiving an email to activate the domain when i am the one pushing it out...

Was just about to ask this.

The verbiage is going to be confusing to some, it should use the old verbiage.

So, I'm guessing selecting Yes will NOT change the domain contact info.

I was just in chat with Escrow and you can get to the old way by going to Domains, checking off domain, hitting More, then selecting Begin Account Change, which will look like the old way of pushing the domain.

I hope this mess is fixed soon.

•••
•••
Please fix mobile website transfer out, pending changes accept functions.

For years this has driven a lot of people crazy, being out, and trying to push, or accept a push thru mobile device.

•••
Was just about to ask this.

The verbiage is going to be confusing to some, it should use the old verbiage.

So, I'm guessing selecting Yes will NOT change the domain contact info.

I was just in chat with Escrow and you can get to the old way by going to Domains, checking off domain, hitting More, then selecting Begin Account Change, which will look like the old way of pushing the domain.

I hope this mess is fixed soon.
the fix for the two views was released yesterday as well as some other improvements.

•••
@Joe Styler
For the last 24 hours a Go Daddy member in Montevideo, Uruguay has been in touch with YOU trying to push a domain to me. She tells me you are trying to work this out. That's great....

She says via email to me that she has tried several times to push the domain to me. Yes, she has received the GD email confirming the contact change and now the domain appears in her outgoing pending area that the domain is in "changing account" status.

A MAJOR PROBLEM - I have received nothing from GD. No change of contact email for me to approve or disapprove. And nothing appears in my incoming pending area. I have checked both "old version" and beta and the results are the same. What am I doing wrong??

Lots and lots of time being wasted on a procedure that used to be easy. Please comment....

•••
JOE, I finally got it, but not sure how or what the "going" procedure is .......

@Joe Styler
For the last 24 hours a Go Daddy member in Montevideo, Uruguay has been in touch with YOU trying to push a domain to me. She tells me you are trying to work this out. That's great....

She says via email to me that she has tried several times to push the domain to me. Yes, she has received the GD email confirming the contact change and now the domain appears in her outgoing pending area that the domain is in "changing account" status.

A MAJOR PROBLEM - I have received nothing from GD. No change of contact email for me to approve or disapprove. And nothing appears in my incoming pending area. I have checked both "old version" and beta and the results are the same. What am I doing wrong??

Lots and lots of time being wasted on a procedure that used to be easy. Please comment....

•••
It depends on how the change was started. Right now there are two ways to do it. They are phasing one out within a week. Things should be much smoother after that, meaning the whole process should be easier than it was before. I am sorry there was a problem with this one.

•••
BOTTOM LINE....Pushing domains with the new BETA layout is still a bloody time wasting nightmare and just does not work. Period. .

The "old legacy" layout continues to work well with no problems. Go daddy needs to leave it alone and not threaten to take it away as they are doing now.. IMO Big, big mistake if GD removes this!!!

Soooooooooo Namepros members, when pushing domains from you to another GD member do this~~

*Bring up the "old" MANAGE DOMAINS screen showing all your domains.
*Now find the domain you want to move to another member and make
your check mark by the domain name.
*Go to the "More" area, then to to "Begin Account Change"

Now proceed on as you have done for many years......
************************************************************************************************

IF you do not know how to bring up the "old screen" do this--->

Go the "Manage Domains" screen.
On the far right corner of your screen you will see 2 sets of 3 broken
horizontal lines, The last one is "beta", the other one is the old
version. Click on the old version. You will see your screen change to
the the old version

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
If you send me the domain I will take a look and see if I can help.
Joe, I thought this would have been resolved by now but I am getting another "Given request is invalid. If you feel this is incorrect please try again" for a new domain name that needs to be pushed to epik account.

•••
@Joe Styler PLEASE HELP. buyer is about to cancel transaction due to this mess.

•••
@jideofor

You cannot "push" a Go Daddy domain to another registrar (like Epik). A "push" is only for moving domains from one Go Daddy account to another.

Your buyer must buy and request a transfer through his Epik account. YOU will unlock the domain in your Go Daddy account, request the authorization codes for it, and send it to him. He must have that to complete the transfer.

IF the domain is under a 60 day lock (or part of) you cannot transfer the domain out until the time is up.

Last edited:
•••
@jideofor

You cannot "push" a Go Daddy domain to another registrar (like Epik). A "push" is only for moving domains from one Go Daddy account to another.

Your buyer must buy and request a transfer through his Epik account. YOU will unlock the domain in your Go Daddy account, request the authorization codes for it, and send it to him. He must have that to complete the transfer.

IF the domain is under a 60 day lock (or part of) you cannot transfer the domain out until the time is up.
I wanted to transfer the domain name to Epiks Godaddy account. They have an account at Godaddy for escrow purpose.

•••
This still isn't a smooth process, it was actually easier back in the day. Haven't done a push in awhile. So:

Transfer/Push to another account:
Input email
Input Customer #
Pick whether or not to keep Contact info, I said no

Wouldn't the simple way just to be able to click Accept Transfer after that Under Transfers?

So buyer is on phone support with GoDaddy because he thinks there are tech issues, before I get a chance to see yet another email that said:

the Review and Approve Update where I had 2 choices:
Choice 1 - Lock domain transfers for 60 days after contact information updates.
Choice 2 - Do not lock domain transfers after contact information updates.

Why can't that be asked when I first push?

So I contact the buyer again to ask which one he wants. Apparently he also gets that email, so we both have to pick the same choice.

It's a push, should be simpler.

It's easier transferring a name to another registrar. I'm always transferring to enom from GoDaddy for names I sell at Namejet.

It's input name, input auth code at enom. Wait a little, then just click accept at GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Anybody else having 'fun' with godaddy pushes today again?

It's taking ages and everything pushed is getting locked although the emails state I opted out... sigh...

Last edited:
•••
Anybody else having 'fun' with godaddy pushes today again?
Decided long ago easier to auth code out then do the push dance.

It used to be so simple, now I dread a Godaddy push.

•••
Decided long ago easier to auth code out then do the push dance.

It used to be so simple, now I dread a Godaddy push.

So true. Back in the day they were killing it. But now... I was on the receiving end of the push and a firsttime enduser paying decent money for a domain would most definitely not be amused.

Netsol pushes actually beat GD at the moment, that pretty much says is all.

Last edited:
•••
Back