IT.COM

Getting Scam Emails? Let A AI bot loose...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can across a interesting article, that shows me that there is a very useful function for AI "bots"

"Email scammers work in bulk, blasting out tons of emails in the hopes of getting a few bites which they can follow up on. To counter this, NetSafe, an online safety non-profit in New Zealand, built Re:scam, which messes with scammers automatically:"
http://digg.com/2017/re-scam-ai-scammer

So if you are getting a lot or even a few scam emails, why not, "turn the tables on the scammers by wasting their time, and ultimately damage the profits for scammers..."

and forward the scam email to [email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Okay, so I just checked my spam email box and choose this one..

"> Hi, My name is Li Ka-shing, a philanthropist and the founder of Cheung Kong Holdings and Li Ka Shing Foundation, I am the Chairman of the Board of Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL) and Cheung Kong Holdings, the world's largest operator of container terminals and the world's largest health and beauty retailer. We offer support to children through innovative education initiatives. Our core focus is to encourage enterprise through education, training and building the right skills today so our young people can be
To
@
BCC
~~briguy~~~~~~
Today at 11:51 AM
Hi,

My name is Li Ka-shing, a philanthropist and the founder of Cheung
Kong Holdings and Li Ka Shing Foundation, I am the Chairman of the
Board of Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL) and Cheung Kong Holdings, the
world's largest operator of container terminals and the world's
largest health and beauty retailer. We offer support to children
through innovative education initiatives. Our core focus is to
encourage enterprise through education, training and building the
right skills today so our young people can become the entrepreneurs of
tomorrow. I believed strongly in β€˜giving while living.’ I had one idea
that never changed in my mind β€” that you should use your wealth to
help people and I have decided to give USD$1,200.000.00 (One Million
Two Hundred Thousand United State Dollars) to randomly selected
individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count
yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online
while searching at random. Kindly get back to me at your earliest
convenience, so I know your email address is valid.

([email protected]) Email me.

Visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ka-shing or you can Google me (
Li Ka-shing).

Regards,

Sir Ka-shing Li, GBM, KBE,
Founder Cheung Kong Holdings
Li Ka Shing

"

and I forwarded it too.. [email protected]
Hopefully rescam has fun..

•••
•••
"We" appreciate your answer...or is it "briguy appreciates your answer" or is it "Thanks for responding"?

Anyway, received a response from [email protected]

"Congratulations. The simple act of forwarding me your email is making you part of a huge problem for scammers.

Once I've confirmed that the email is a phishing scam, I'll get into character, and do what I do best: endless, pointless conversations with frustrated, phishing email scammers. It's literally what I live for...
."

•••
Anyway to verify it's emailing them back relentlessly? I will have to try this.

•••
Anyway to verify it's emailing them back relentlessly? I will have to try this.
Go right ahead.. forward those scam emails! Takes a few second of your time.
The email stated that "they" will check if it is a "scam" email" and if it is, they will do their "magic"..

•••
Thank You! I got some material for them. I think I was being scammed today..crazy

•••
sent a few - hope they have fun

i hope this does not ruin my chances of receiving my inheritance from the Prince.

Last edited:
•••
Actually it looks pretty real, I got an offer from a broker from Korea for one of my domains but they're directing me to purchase some verification of ownership, the site takes only bitcoin. So I need create bitcoin wallet and stuff.. not sure, I e-mailed rescam . org maybe they can help and verify, well see. If its confirmed I will share. I googled senders names and I'm getting allot of actresses.. there you go lol

•••
Actually it looks pretty real, I got an offer from a broker from Korea for one of my domains but they're directing me to purchase some verification of ownership, the site takes only bitcoin. So I need create bitcoin wallet and stuff.. not sure, I e-mailed rescam . org maybe they can help and verify, well see. If its confirmed I will share. I googled senders names and I'm getting allot of actresses.. there you go lol
Hello MikeXKingdoms,

Welcome to NamePros.

I don't know if you got that verification email scam figured out or not, but if you run a NamePros search for Appraisal Scams you'll find plenty of info.

Peace,
Cyberian

Great thread Briguy. :tu:

•••
•••
If they could only send me a copy of the convo with the scammer after it's over....that would be great !

•••
Hello MikeXKingdoms,

Welcome to NamePros.

I don't know if you got that verification email scam figured out or not, but if you run a NamePros search for Appraisal Scams you'll find plenty of info.

Peace,
Cyberian

Great thread Briguy. :tu:
Thank you, I will look. Did not get anything back from me @ rescam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back