Offer Emails for Unregistered Domains

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Jennny, Aug 12, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jennny

Jennny New Member

Hi,

Personally, sounds like a sweet pretty little tactics. I mean if you stupid enough to not check that a "similar" domain is not registered before you reply to these email... well joke on you!

But, my human side tells me to fool the fool. I mean I hate when spammers spam and I really hate when scammers scam. So my response to these email are usually as follow:

"Hi [name],

That sounds like a great idea. Are you still selling the domain and for how much?

Best,
    JennNy"

From my personal experience, I saw five unregistered domains being registered the next day. Well, I did my deed, a scammer was fooled to think that someone is interested in their useless domain. A few days later, I usually received an offer from a different sender telling me that the domain is ready to transfer, and all I need to do is pay. Now, mind you I never provide real information to these fools.

What do you do when you receive these emails? Do you just mark them as spam or do you do something fun?

JennNy

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. WeSell-Domains

WeSell-Domains Established Member

I usually ignore, but I really like your idea!

3. Jennny

Jennny New Member

I mean, think about it. Instead of just trashing these emails and replying to these email you contribute twice.

1. You fool a scammer.
    2. You get to laugh about it when they actually reg a useless domain. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

4. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times Business Account VIP

Welcome To NamePros JennNy.

Great idea, I have read about it on this forum before but I have never done it. The scammers need to go away and if we make them all register a lot of crap, they'll stop some day.

5. Kuffy

Kuffy Active Member VIP

Nice idea - I don't seem to get these. I think my filtering blocks them. Maybe I should let them through. :)

6. kite26

kite26 Supportive Member NamePros Supporter VIP

It has happened to me. I registered again my ex domain and i resold it again! :)

7. Jennny

Jennny New Member

I usually get these to the spam folder as well. So from time to time, I go over spam to check if I didn't miss anything. and bam its there.

8. HotKey

HotKey Genuine★Domains VIP

I used to get creative with responses, until I realized these people basically have committed their entire pathetic lives to doing this 24/7, and to keep up I would have to do the same.

Now I just treat them like annoying flies, swatting them away, squishing them when I have time.

9. DnFolk

DnFolk Business Member Business Account VIP

Same experience as @HotKey i had a fun twice or thrice but i realized its far away from affecting or stopping them all and with lack of time i had to stuck to simply report them spam.

The annoying part is when you are expecting some important email and then with notifcation you eagerly check to read them.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!