Dynadot

Thisdaddy.com scam by Muhammad Awais

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone, I have seen few threads regarding this scam already, but since things are getting worse, I decided to keep all in one place.

First of all, do not buy the following domains:

Gyea.com - stolen
Hzuz.com - stolen most likely, searching for a previous owner
Fbye.com - stolen
Dxne.com - stolen most likely, searching for a previous owner
Pohw.com - stolen most likely, searching for a previous owner

Idea of the scam is simple. Thisdaddy.com (scammer) offers good LLLL.com domains for a low price (to buyer) and starts a purchase of other domains at reselling prices (from seller). Then buyer is sending his money to seller, seller pushes domain to scammer, and buyer is left with nothing. Sometimes scam goes without seller. Transactions are done using PayPal.

Scammer: Muhammad Owais, and all similar names, e.g. Mohammad, Awais, etc.
Emails: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Main goal for the beginning is to find all victims and not to create additional.
PM or post all the information you have, it will be one interesting investigation/chase.

If Muhammad Owais is reading this, this is the best time to return all names/money.

Thread will be updated.

Related:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wanted to make things clear that @fitkhan (Mohammed Owais) has no affiliation with that so called Owais or Awais or Awais or whatever his name and spelling is. @Eric Lyon I request you to kindly look into this issue because @fitkhan account seems to be suspended due to misunderstanding and he has NO connection to that scammer.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks!

•••
I wanted to make things clear that @fitkhan (Mohammed Owais) has no affiliation with that so called Owais or Awais or Awais or whatever his name and spelling is. @Eric Lyon I request you to kindly look into this issue because @fitkhan account seems to be suspended due to misunderstanding and he has NO connection to that scammer.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks!
Hello,

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Awais570 and Mohammad Awais are affiliated.

However, when it comes to Fitkhan, we only noticed the following: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khandomains - The related banned Flippa account also used "Khan" as their name: https://flippa.com/users/669495/listings - However, that is not enough evidence to link them to the other two accounts.

The Fitkhan account was restricted for security reasons while we continued our investigation and we have still not found any solid proof that they are related to the other accounts. The Fitkhabn account will be reopened very soon if no other leads result in proof that we received in the last couple days.

I hope that helps clear things up for now.

•••
Hello,

I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Awais570 and Mohammad Awais are affiliated.

However, when it comes to Fitkhan, we only noticed the following: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khandomains - The related banned Flippa account also used "Khan" as their name: https://flippa.com/users/669495/listings - However, that is not enough evidence to link them to the other two accounts.

The Fitkhan account was restricted for security reasons while we continued our investigation and we have still not found any solid proof that they are related to the other accounts. The Fitkhabn account will be reopened very soon if no other leads result in proof that we received in the last couple days.

I hope that helps clear things up for now.

I agree to what you said in your first paragraph as those 2 are same.

But fitkhan is different identity and only issue your system might have flagged is there was another account created from the same router by his younger brother but he has not been active.

However, I request you to kindly look in this issue on priority basis. On the other hand, I assure you @fitkhan credibility and his honesty.

Please post an update once you make any further decision.

Thanks nd best regards
AbdulBasit

•••
I agree to what you said in your first paragraph as those 2 are same.

But fitkhan is different identity and only issue your system might have flagged is there was another account created from the same router by his younger brother but he has not been active.

However, I request you to kindly look in this issue on priority basis. On the other hand, I assure you @fitkhan credibility and his honesty.

Please post an update once you make any further decision.

Thanks nd best regards
AbdulBasit
Thanks for the added details. His younger brothers account was in question, but as you said, it's been inactive. FitKhan's account was unrestricted a moment ago due to lack of evidence and the leads we had resulting in dead-ends. The only similarities we did find (As outlined in my previous post) are not considered solid proof and appears to be a matter of coincidence at this time.

For the security and integrity of the community, our investigative protocol does sometimes require restricting an account as we dig deeper to insure the safety of our members.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

•••
I have communicated a good deal over the last couple of months with Owais (Fitkhan) and he is new to domaining. I just talked to him through his first potential sale recently. The banned flippa account link has a few sales under their belt and has been active for awhile.

I dont know what the whole story is, but I hope Fitkhan has the opportunity to respond. From our talks, he has seemed to have great understanding of the need to conduct oneself professionally and to maintain and establish a positive reputation and relationships. He seems genuinely concerned as a new domainer with staying above ground and dealing ethically.

He makes an effort to also be transparent through making sure people can find out who they are dealing with by setting up his linkedin and social media accounts.

I'd hate to see his reputation tainted by a misunderstanding if this is the case.

•••
I have communicated a good deal over the last couple of months with Owais (Fitkhan) and he is new to domaining. I just talked to him through his first potential sale recently. The banned flippa account link has a few sales under their belt and has been active for awhile.

I dont know what the whole story is, but I hope Fitkhan has the opportunity to respond. From our talks, he has seemed to have great understanding of the need to conduct oneself professionally and to maintain and establish a positive reputation and relationships. He seems genuinely concerned as a new domainer with staying above ground and dealing ethically.

He makes an effort to also be transparent through making sure people can find out who they are dealing with by setting up his linkedin and social media accounts.

I'd hate to see his reputation tainted by a misunderstanding if this is the case.
@fitkhan is a different person.

•••
Well i didn't want to make this issue public but now I have to do it after reading the above messages.

Yesterday a namepros member informed me in Abdul Basit's "Pakistani Domainers" Whatsapp group (main chat) that your NP account is blocked. It was surprising news for me so I just logged in to my NP account and found out that my account has been closed. I contacted NP administration and asked for the reason.

I only had one doubt that my brother might have logged in to his NP account and that might be the reason (Because we use same internet connection) so I asked him and he told me he never logged in to his NP account in past few months. Here is his account link.
https://www.namepros.com/members/jami92.988209/ as you can clearly see he last logged in back in March 2016. So that was not the reason at all...

I asked that NP member who informed me that I really don't know the reason and he asked me if I own ThisDaddy.com and I said I don't own it. In the mean time I searched NP for ThisDaddy.com and found a couple of threads including this one...

What i found was there is a scammer who has the same name as mine but I was still not sure because i knew i was not connected with that scammer by any mean... Just name resemblance is not enough for closing an account so i just waited for NP administration reply and thought there might be some other reason.....

Then I got reply from NP administration and It was shocking for me. They accused me for having 8+ duplicate accounts and told me that I am engaged in Un Ethical Business Activity. They told me that my main account "Jackson Miller" has been closed and also told me to contact them back from my "Awais570" account for a review.

I told them I don't know nothing about these 8+ accounts (including Jackson Miller and Awais570) and they should come with proofs and evidence that I was involved in any un ethical activity and they must prove it to me that those accounts are associated to me by any mean. I also told them that by closing my account without any proofs they have damaged my credibility and reputation.

In their next reply they hinted that my account will be reopened soon and the only reason my account was flagged at that time was due to similar names on linkedin and flippa.

In the next few emails they reopened my account and apologized but I am still very upset with all this. I think it is totally unprofessional to block someone first and then investigate... If this is the standard procedure here on NP then ok I can bear with it but how can they accuse me directly that i am doing un ethical business and I own those accounts i.e Jackson Miller and Awais570, without any proof....

As this issue is public now I want NP administration to further investigate this issue and apologize officially on namepros (If i am not involved in any illegal activity) as they have put my integrity and reputation on stake.

My website is KhanDomains dot com and the emails i use is admin at khandomains.com, khandomains1 at gmail.com and fitkhan at hotmail.com. I use my user name "fitkhan" on most of the market places. I think it will help you guys to investigate further. Thanks.

•••
Guys please stop this flooding regarding @fitkhan. No one ever mentioned him publicly before @AbdulBasit.com and didn't damage his reputation in any way.

Just a small update that information is coming in. Thanks to @mitch007 we are in contact with the seller of another domain from the list - established NP member. It's up to him, if he want to join this public discussion.

At the same time I'm dealing with the name.com and domain.com support, will share their decisions later.

•••
Hi,

I do not know about the scammer just mentioned by the OP in depth but I know @fitkhan who is a true professional and dedicated domainer, not involved in any illegal activity.

NamePros action on re-opening the @fitkhan account is appreciated.

Thank you.

•••
Guys please stop this flooding regarding @fitkhan. No one ever mentioned him publicly before @AbdulBasit.com and didn't damage his reputation in any way.

Just a small update that information is coming in. Thanks to @mitch007 we are in contact with the seller of another domain from the list - established NP member. It's up to him, if he want to join this public discussion.

At the same time I'm dealing with the name.com and domain.com support, will share their decisions later.

The original post uses his legal name, while it appears that the other individual might be named Awais.

Its not just about a namepros screen name. its about the enduser who will google his legal name in doing their dilligence and see a google result calling him a scammer.

•••
The original post uses his legal name, while it appears that the other individual might be named Awais.

Its not just about a namepros screen name. its about the enduser who will google his legal name in doing their dilligence and see a google result calling him a scammer.

That's what i was thinking all the time about my name being google indexed and affiliated with a scam. Google Adam Dicker. First thing they see is the "Is Adam Dicker a criminal" thread.
Scammer's both first and last name has slight spelling difference. I request OP/NP admins to take out my name from the title and original post.

Thanks

•••
That's what i was thinking all the time about my name being google indexed and affiliated with a scam. Google Adam Dicker. First thing they see is the "Is Adam Dicker a criminal" thread.
Scammer's both first and last name has slight spelling difference. I request OP/NP admins to take out my name from the title and original post.

Thanks

Right. That's necessary as it directly influences the credibility.

•••
Well i didn't want to make this issue public but now I have to do it after reading the above messages.

Yesterday a namepros member informed me in Abdul Basit's "Pakistani Domainers" Whatsapp group (main chat) that your NP account is blocked. It was surprising news for me so I just logged in to my NP account and found out that my account has been closed. I contacted NP administration and asked for the reason.

I only had one doubt that my brother might have logged in to his NP account and that might be the reason (Because we use same internet connection) so I asked him and he told me he never logged in to his NP account in past few months. Here is his account link.
https://www.namepros.com/members/jami92.988209/ as you can clearly see he last logged in back in March 2016. So that was not the reason at all...

I asked that NP member who informed me that I really don't know the reason and he asked me if I own ThisDaddy.com and I said I don't own it. In the mean time I searched NP for ThisDaddy.com and found a couple of threads including this one...

What i found was there is a scammer who has the same name as mine but I was still not sure because i knew i was not connected with that scammer by any mean... Just name resemblance is not enough for closing an account so i just waited for NP administration reply and thought there might be some other reason.....

Then I got reply from NP administration and It was shocking for me. They accused me for having 8+ duplicate accounts and told me that I am engaged in Un Ethical Business Activity. They told me that my main account "Jackson Miller" has been closed and also told me to contact them back from my "Awais570" account for a review.

I told them I don't know nothing about these 8+ accounts (including Jackson Miller and Awais570) and they should come with proofs and evidence that I was involved in any un ethical activity and they must prove it to me that those accounts are associated to me by any mean. I also told them that by closing my account without any proofs they have damaged my credibility and reputation.

In their next reply they hinted that my account will be reopened soon and the only reason my account was flagged at that time was due to similar names on linkedin and flippa.

In the next few emails they reopened my account and apologized but I am still very upset with all this. I think it is totally unprofessional to block someone first and then investigate... If this is the standard procedure here on NP then ok I can bear with it but how can they accuse me directly that i am doing un ethical business and I own those accounts i.e Jackson Miller and Awais570, without any proof....

As this issue is public now I want NP administration to further investigate this issue and apologize officially on namepros (If i am not involved in any illegal activity) as they have put my integrity and reputation on stake.

My website is KhanDomains dot com and the emails i use is admin at khandomains.com, khandomains1 at gmail.com and fitkhan at hotmail.com. I use my user name "fitkhan" on most of the market places. I think it will help you guys to investigate further. Thanks.
I have updated the title and changed the "O' to an "A" in the last name for more accuracy. I hope that helps.

Just to touch base on why we sometimes restrict accounts during investigations and not after; the security and safety of our members is of the highest priority. Over the years the community has pushed for stricter investigative policies and each week/month/year we address community security.

We have encountered a few cases over the years where more damage was done to members by not restricting accounts under investigation. It allowed more members to be scammed. To avoid this, in cases where there are similarities or coincidences, we sometimes restrict the accounts for added protection of our members.

While we have found that this policy does indeed help keep the community safer while we investigate, it unfortunately, becomes an inconvenience in cases like this where an innocent member was being investigated due to coincidences.

I personally apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you @fitkhan and appreciate your understanding in our security protocols for a safer and more secure community.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back