Dynadot

China Domain Scammers Emails - BE CAREFULL!!

NameSilo
Watch

Rafael FC

Impact
Hi.. I would like to inform NamePros community about this malicious act from scammers around the domain world. Just keeping getting this scam/malicious email from scammers.
Replying / feedback this kind emails can cause great damage to you and your domain business!! Be Careful!!

EMAIL FROM THE SCAMMERS ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

This is a formal email. We are the Domain Registration Service company in China. Here I have something to confirm with you. On Oct 7, 2019, we received an application from XXX(company name) Ltd requested "(domain name XXX)" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names (domainnamexxx.cn, domainnamexxx.com.cn, domainnamexxx.net.cn, domainnamexxx.org.cn). But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your distributor in China?

Best Regards

XXXXXXX | Service & Operations Manager

China Registry (Head Office)

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: XXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Common, silly scam / spam.

•••
•••
I don't get it .. where's the actual scam part? lol

Do they eventually try to get you to pay to register the TM in China?

Or does it come with an executable file attachment?

Don't get me wrong .. I'd never reply to an email like this .. but what's the end game?

•••
The only call to action is to reply. Even doing that wouldn't cause any damage beyond receiving additional spam.

•••
After receiving an email like this, it's best to check the authenticity first.If you are stationmaster or business operator, so this kind of judgment appears very necessary.It is not difficult to find the trademark data in mainland China. Google CPTMA.COM, it was a China Trademarks search tools.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back