IT.COM

Appraisal Scam Investigation [CLOSED]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The foundation ideas of the ICCIA (International Cyber Crime Investigation Association - iccia.com) have just been set up by myself and a few other namepros members.

As you are all aware there have been a number of allegedly reported "domain appraisal" scams - Many namepros members have sufferred and now we have all decided to strike back against the scammer(s).

The plan of attack is to gather and document as much information as possible in regards to this scam and then reveal this information to the FBI and several other authorities. (BBC WatchDog, UK Police, AOL Security Team, Other ISP Security teams, Web Hosts involved e.t.c)

Victims will then communicate via the website (when launched - no date set yet) and other mediums to keep a track on progress. We will also arrange a "mass-charge-back" to our banks and carry on with tracking down this scammer as well as other scam incidents. The aim is to get a full refund for everyone involved or at the least track down and put an end to this scam incident.

After failing to "scam-bait" the scammer in the hopes of finding more information, we are now moving on to making this a legal issue.

Namepros members (to name just a few) have in total lost over thousands of dollars due to this scam incident.

This is now your chance to help track the scammer - We need as much information as possible:

- Email Headers
- Email contents
- Time of Emails
- All Tracking Attempt information
- All coresspondence with other companies
- Victim testimonials
- Victims known
- Speculations
- Anything important

I appeal to all members to work together on this project and help - I have been working hard over the last 72 hours or so (since I found out about this scam) to investigate this issue.

I am also appealing to the namepros admins to sticky this thread

Please add me on msn : [removed] if you wish to contact me personally or help in the development of this company.

Admin note: The thread starter has discontinued this project. Please do not contact him any more.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dear All,
I quite hav a large Email communication with such a Scammer named kayser & I too become a victim with allfordomains.com. I want to get refund for the money I spend. If I hav any message frm our members team I m ready to let our members know all the Email communication that We had. I want all of you to be aware. What I want to know is if this is illegal then How can I punish him for his offence. I want Some experts advice regarding this. Please guide me thru the process.

Will any one help me???
I can give test his mailing time, mailing address to everyone.
Please anyone who thinks that If u can make me get refund from allfordomains.com please let me know. I will pleased very much.

•••
This is "amazing"! I thought I was the only one who got this kind of messages. Looks like this is a fast growing business! These guys are braindead.

So congratulations for this project.

•••
yes seems this scam is going around again because I was just contacted with basically same emails to use allfordomains appraisal.

i would never consider sending money to that website, it is horrible looking first of all.

•••
Some large domain companies make appraisals mandatory to have a domain featured. Also, most domain related forums have a appraisal board. I think that, for as long as there will remain people that believe in appraisals, there will be appraisers. It is a matter of supply and demand. I see that selling prices on webs are seriously different from the appraisals. Isn't it time for a paradigm shift about domain appraising? I receive appraisal prospection emails too. I receive mails telling me my domains are overpriced, etc., but I do sell. Without appraisals. Who needs them anyway?

•••
I've been saying for a long time, domainers weild a lot of stroke because of the amount of money they control via the PPC and registration industry.
If they were to organize they could probally effect some very serious and contrustive changes for the better.

Only attempt I have seen yet of any such thing is dnoa.org...
i say they attempted, all i have seen so far is a simple web site and setup tp accept memebership fees, but haven't seen them make a serious effort to actually do anything yet.
If and when they do, I may become a member.

I don't understand why they are tackling the task you are speaking about.

So how would your "idea" actually amount to anything?
After all, some ppl have already contacted federal agencies about this partcular scammer and it's done no good.

Suppose something did finally get done and this person was put to a long drawn out painful death...
after all the applause, then what?

if you think about it, the net has alot of anti spam and scammer orgs.

Frankly, the only one that really has effects, is BBB .
But even they are often ignnored and in teh end, all BBB can do is list BUSINESS names ina directory open to public view.

Several companies listed in there, simply continue on.

So basically short of legal bodies getting involved, nothing will come of it.
Law isn't interested in small timers.

so unless you can enlist alot of DOCUMENTED support, all you will hear is.... "yeh thats awful. you cna make a report but chances of us getting to it are almost 0. we cna only go after the ones that are causing the most lost money."

I'm not saying don't try.
but you won't get any support from the law of any of the telco/isp's.
so your hand will be tied untill you get a huge number of provable and documented complaints.
that will be a long slow process because most people won't even submitt email headers and personal contact info so that honest investigations cna take place.

the scammer will die of old age before you have enough to make the legal system act.

best bet is gather undisputable evidence that trace back to the base source and then tag the person in open court.
btu thats impossible because telcos will nto reveal that info due to privacy laws.

Last edited:
•••
Unified We Stand!
Those crooks just try anything.
Find here is just one of the many crap that I get, and that I forwarded to their host + FBI:
"""
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 04:19:02 -0400 [04/07/2006 11:19:02 AM EEST]
To: [email protected]
Subject: catchingcash.com
Part(s): Download All Attachments (in .zip file)
Headers: Show All Headers
1 unnamed [text/plain] 0.44 KB

Alternative parts for this section:
unnamed [text/html] 0.50 KB

hey..I see that you took off the other site that I had been clicking for
money. I am going to turn you into the belgium authorities and other
international authorities for your fraud of saying you were going to pay us.
I know you are the administrator of the original site catchingcash.com YOU
OWE ME AT LEAST $190 FOR CLICKING ON THE EMAILS YOU SENT OUT. I WANT PAYMENT
FOR IT OR I WILL TURN YOU IN. So much for your private, confidential email
eh?
"""
I forward all suspicious mail to the spammer's hosting company. What they do, I don't know. But it is a common policy to shut down suspicious accounts. After a few years, these guys will need to pay for a dedicated server to send their trash from. If they continue, they will have to move from hosting company to hosting company. They will have more headache than we.
By the way: I never, never, have bothered anybody. I don't know what the guy is talking about. I just have similar domains up. I guess the person is a competitor or just a jealous idiot.

•••
Your ICCIA.org domain forwards to a web design site? Are you trying to scam us thinking you actually want to help people getting scam? I'm kidding ;) I will try and forward my emails if I find time to. Good luck

•••
codyturk said:
Your ICCIA.org domain forwards to a web design site? Are you trying to scam us thinking you actually want to help people getting scam? I'm kidding ;) I will try and forward my emails if I find time to. Good luck

No, we're not working on the ICCIA project anymore. Here's a post I made on the second page:

Zain Jaffer said:
Status update on situation:

We pursued this issue as far as possible, we managed to shut down one of his websites. We've informed all appropiate authorities such as the FBI, Internet Watch Foundation etc.

We've gone as far as to pay Russian translators to speak to the Russian authorities but the higher authorities don't seem to show much of a response.

We launched ICCIA with full enthusiasm but the response and support we got was minimal and not sufficient enough to make the entire project worthwhile to proceed with. We've launched a company called CyberPlanet Ltd. We're going to be focusing on other projects and will re-vitalise the project when there are sufficient funds to do so. (We'd try getting some official support from authorities etc).

In the meantime, I'm sure our efforts weren't wasted as many people have realised that this, is indeed a scam thanks to the ICCIA and many posts from other namepros members (including this one).

If you're interested in managing the ICCIA with us, we could bump life back into the investigation and help to clean the internet up of the filth which pollutes and taints its image.

If you are interested, please contact my partner Colin Behr on namepros.

Thanks,

Zain Jaffer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back