IT.COM

Getting 2000 type-ins a month...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
So imagine you have a domain that has 2000+ type-ins a month.

You know this because of the logs and that its not listed in Google (or anywhere else) so people are just typing it in. And it's HUMAN visitors, not bots... a dream come true, right? Not.

The catch? You can't sell it. At least not right now because of conflict (and lawyer attack dogs). And you can't put up content that is most directly related to the domain name for the same reasons.

Google Adsense is only showing PSAs because of the lack of linkage and usable content.

So what would you place on there?
What ads could you run to at least make a little revenue? (Sedo/Afternic/Fabulous parking is out)

And how would you keep people coming back? I've thought of shoutboxes but they are too hard to monitor (and censor).

I really feel I should do something with it but don't know what to do.

(please do NOT pm for the domain name or sales inquires, I seriously cannot sell it right now)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how about a generic ppc portal page? no content related to whatever your domain is on a page like that..

•••
Hmmm, can you show me an example of what you are talking about?
(and who provides that)

•••
well, i have a simple one myself, and it points directly to the ppc company (revenuepilot)

http://www.findfast.us/portal/

i made it myself, it is legal by revenuepilots terms to do like this.

now if you want to try this, it takes a while for revenuepilot to screen your application, and you may not get approved.

however if you want to try i will gladly give you my reflink ;)

there are also other ppc:s that in turn link to revenuepilot, and others, and you get approved much faster there..

•••
Very interesting. Thank you for a helpful suggestion!

•••
you are most welcome.

btw, there are may other sites like revenuepilot out there, however most of the screen the traffic pretty hard, so if its a non US/Canada domain, you will not get much revenue.

good luck

•••
I can tell you its a domain that appeals to a young, raunchy crowd.
That's the typical visitor (or so I would assume).
Very USA centric name.

•••
2000 type ins a month?

it would be a waste not to develop a site like that

•••
try domain hop they are very good and you will have traffic retention plus real content and ppc links on the site , i think its perfect for these types of names

•••
Read this: http://cbclick.ariello.com and Join.

Choose the appropriate category for your visitors.
Put the Towerads and maybe a nice picture on your site.

Then wait for the $$$ coming in.

If you have no hosting space I can set it up for you.

•••
Any experiences/thoughts about domainsponsor.com ?

•••
when you click the signuplink on domainsponsor you are redirected to https://publishers.oversee.net/
domainsponsors terms say you get paid when reaching $25, but oversee.net says $50.

i think domainsponsor is just an affiliate of oversee.. maby go right to the source and get better percentages..

very little information on both domainsponsors page and on oversee.. initial impression is bad ... imho..

•••
if i was you i would just make a little site, scoued with adds, top banner, side banner and bottom banner... and google :) then just put some info relateing to what ever everyone is going there for and a shout box that has sensered words.. and maby a forum...

QBert

•••
Try some popunder ads on the site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back