Dynadot

Geo Domains HQ

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just thought I'd create a thread where we can all talk openly about Geo (Service) Domains. Seems like a hot topic which I've been discussing quite often now.

Let's get together and chat geo domains.

Advice, Questions, Statistics, Recent Sales, Venting Frustration, etc..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is great, hoping to gain some new information and helping others.

•••
Welcome @Insha010 :)

We were just talking about how you tend to see results in Google search which are for different towns/cities after the first couple pages of searching for your geo domain keywords.

I think it's because the city/town may be too small so there's only enough companies who offer that service to fill up the first couple pages, then google starts showing results from neighboring towns. Also, make sure to use google.com if it's in the states.

•••
Welcome @Insha010 :)

We were just talking about how you tend to see results in Google search which are for different towns/cities after the first couple pages of searching for your geo domain keywords.

I think it's because the city/town may be too small so there's only enough companies who offer that service to fill up the first couple pages, then google starts showing results from neighboring towns. Also, make sure to use google.com if it's in the states.
Oh but i only target cities with a population of over 500k so I think that shouldn't be a problem here.

Can you provide an example of geo domain which has 5+ search pages related to it?

•••
Oh but i only target cities with a population of over 500k so I think that shouldn't be a problem here.

Can you provide an example of geo domain which has 5+ search pages related to it?

I've had over 100 prospects who I wrote to about city+highlights or city+attractions. Really anything tourism related. Just as one example. Even city+clockrepair I had 5+ pages to choose from.

•••
If you receive a reply from a prospect saying "Yes! I'm VERY interested!", you reply thanking them & asking if you can proceed with the sale BUT then don't hear from them for days afterwards... what do you do? (besides cry)

•••
•••
This thread is a great idea, so thanks for starting it :)

I really like real estate geo domains but have not been able to sell any through outbound sales. I’m wondering if anyone here considers real estate geo domains easier or more difficult to sell via outbound sales relative to other niches. What about law / legal geo domains? For some reason I imagine people in the legal profession being less receptive to unsolicited domain offers, does anyone have experience with this?

•••
Do you guys think judging a city by $ amount and number of sales in Dnpric.es is accurate?

P.S. Is there a place for shameless advertising here? I got some geo domains for US bullion dealers really cheap

https://www.namepros.com/threads/sa...a-indianapolis-louisville-minneapolis.886921/

NameBio and Dnpric.es is a decent place to get ideas on which geo domains have sold in the past but most private end user sales for geo domains won't be listed here as it was a private sale, not public.

•••
This thread is a great idea, so thanks for starting it :)

I really like real estate geo domains but have not been able to sell any through outbound sales. I’m wondering if anyone here considers real estate geo domains easier or more difficult to sell via outbound sales relative to other niches. What about law / legal geo domains? For some reason I imagine people in the legal profession being less receptive to unsolicited domain offers, does anyone have experience with this?
I'm just picturing doing email outreach to lawyers and them slapping a lawsuit in my face for unsolicited email (spam). lol

city+realestate type names should go pretty easily IF you price them right. Some large cities like Toronto and Vancouver have sold for high amounts but those are the exception to the rule. If I want a quick sale, I'd shoot for $500 for realtor/realestate if it's an avg sized city.

•••
If someone replies with "I'm very interested" after they know the price and you don't receive any further replies to any of your emails from them, would you send them a paypal invoice to further nudge them and encourage them to complete the sale?

Or is that being too pushy? If so, what do you suggest?

•••
If someone replies with "I'm very interested" after they know the price and you don't receive any further replies to any of your emails from them, would you send them a paypal invoice to further nudge them and encourage them to complete the sale?

I guess a follow up after a week is ok, after all, they said they're interested

•••
I guess a follow up after a week is ok, after all, they said they're interested
That's what I had/have scheduled but most people in Sales/Marketing know that if you have an interested lead, you shouldn't let their interest grow cold. You should keep on them while they have you and your product in mind. There's just a fine line between that and being too pushy.

•••
If you receive a reply from a prospect saying "Yes! I'm VERY interested!", you reply thanking them & asking if you can proceed with the sale BUT then don't hear from them for days afterwards... what do you do? (besides cry)
Happened to me , I emailed her thrice , but damn :/

•••
I also imagined lawyers threatening a lawsuit for an unsolicited email...lol. For that reason I actually tried calling a couple attorneys last year but never got anyone on the phone.

Because you seem so confident about geo real estate domains, maybe I will give those another shot.

•••
That's what I had/have scheduled but most people in Sales/Marketing know that if you have an interested lead, you shouldn't let their interest grow cold. You should keep on them while they have you and your product in mind. There's just a fine line between that and being too pushy.
Also I think it would be better to add a sales page like the ones on flippa.

Like if you email 50 end users , there's a great possibility that atleast 15 of them will open the website in their browser but finding nothing.This might make them think that this is a scam.

While a very few may check on Whois etc if the domain actually exists.

•••
Also I think it would be better to add a sales page like the ones on flippa.

Like if you email 50 end users , there's a great possibility that atleast 15 of them will open the website in their browser but finding nothing.This might make them think that this is a scam.

While a very few may check on Whois etc if the domain actually exists.

Oh I forgot to mention that I do have a landing page setup on all of the domains I try to sell. It's just a nice relevant background image of the city and text overlay saying the domain is for sale, along with my contact info.

•••
Oh I forgot to mention that I do have a landing page setup on all of the domains I try to sell. It's just a nice relevant background image of the city and text overlay saying the domain is for sale, along with my contact info.
You're using a hosting service?

•••
You're using a hosting service?

I'd like to use custom pages, but it's uncomfortable to do with most free hosting services. Are there any good providers for having ton of websites with tiny amount of data on each, who charge little for it?

•••
I'd like to use custom pages, but it's uncomfortable to do with most free hosting services. Are there any good providers for having ton of websites with tiny amount of data on each, who charge little for it?
I use flippa, it's free.

•••

I use HostGator. They're $10/mo and you can have unlimited amount of websites under that one account. I've got about 150 websites under my one account. lol

•••
I like the idea of having a thread. on geo domains. May be an admin could promote this thread into a sub-forum to avoid jumping though multiple subjects and becoming unusable.

My first question would be: Is it a viable business model ? (I am talking of hand registering and selling to end users)

This model does not get much attention from professional domainers, and there must be a reason. May be simply because the selling prices are in the low $xxx. What do you think ?

•••
I like the idea of having a thread. on geo domains. May be an admin could promote this thread into a sub-forum to avoid jumping though multiple subjects and becoming unusable.

My first question would be: Is it a viable business model ? (I am talking of hand registering and selling to end users)

This model does not get much attention from professional domainers, and there must be a reason. May be simply because the selling prices are in the low $xxx. What do you think ?
Yes, a lot of the more veteran domainers do prefer to have higher profit margins at least in the high $xxx or low $xxxx per domain sold. With that comes risk and waiting. I'd rather sell 5 $300 geo domains at about 2hrs of work per domain within a month then buy a $400 name, chuck it up on BB or another market place and hope someone finds it and buys it for $1500 which could be months or years into the future.

•••

I would do something like this:

"With reference to our previous email regarding [domain in question], please find Paypal invoice link to complete the transaction. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know".

You are furthering the conversation without pushing anything, makes sense; right!

•••
I would do something like this:

"With reference to our previous email regarding [domain in question], please find Paypal invoice link to complete the transaction. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know".

You are furthering the conversation without pushing anything, makes sense; right!

Yes, that's the gist of what I did for a couple domains this morning. Still nothing though. They opened that email, opened the paypal invoice but didn't pay the invoice and didn't respond to my email. It's just nuts that someone who's "very interested" just walks away the second after they make that statement.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back