Dynadot

.tv Funny! GoDaddy really don't like .Tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Homepage and try to get a .Tv reg, funny take a look.

Why choose .Tv?

1) Note: the island of tuvalu is sinking.
2) Recommended alternatives are .COM, .NET, & .INFO
3) official domain for tuvalu

You have to be kidding right? That's some funny stuff right there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy has had that info up there for as long as I can remember. It just proves that Bob doesn't know what .TV is all about :)

•••
Godaddy has had that info up there for as long as I can remember. It just proves that Bob doesn't know what .TV is all about :)

RIGHT ON! Regarding Bob and Godaddy ... VeriSign & Godaddy have never been best of friends... However with Godaddy making so much dough out of .COM they should be hugging and kissing VeriSign and bringing them StarBucks at their front door's when they step into their office.

concerning ... Tuvalu is sinking :wave:... well .. that's very bad for the people of Tuvalu (I swear , I dont want to sound nasty or something, I have the highest respect for all people and nations)... about what 15K living there?... with them signing a petition (for $$$ --- for moving them to another island or something... whats a few thousand apartments:) and with the help of VeriSign and ICANN .TV can (and will) become a gTLD ! "my 2 bucks" instead of 2 cents :))))))

It will be a smooth take over.

I can see it right now! Help the people of Tuvalu move from their sinking home! """Make .TV - A gTLD"""

no joke!

(it even rhymes) .TV is their main advantage and if they sink they will not take the zone with it, including all our respected .TV investors :))))

Last edited:
•••
.TV does not depend on Tuvalu.

After all, they don't have internet access and as far as i know, they can't afford a one-laptop-per-child.

You ear me? NOBODY have a computer there.

•••
I wrote this last July...

What they outta do..
What they outta do, "they" being the big guyz who run the extension, is donate a percentage of each dotTV sale to a " Save Tavalu " fund and promate that and wam bam; there yeah have it..

( Buy dotTV and save an Island) could be the slogan..

im liven on fantasy island..aint I..?

•••
•••
Homepage and try to get a .Tv reg, funny take a look.

Why choose .Tv?

1) Note: the island of tuvalu is sinking.
2) Recommended alternatives are .COM, .NET, & .INFO
3) official domain for tuvalu

You have to be kidding right? That's some funny stuff right there.

"The official domain for Tuvalu residents" and $40 something bucks a domain - I guess they are discouraging people from buying!

Never noticed that before.

•••
"The official domain for Tuvalu residents".

GoDaddy's logic:

Tuvalu residents don't have internet.
Therefore, the domain is useless.

The life of these people depends on fish and coconuts:

shuuichi-endou-tuvalu-photo.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Couple of years ago GoDaddy were big fans of .tv and pushing it. Bob Parsons even had his own channel he was pushing with .tv. And every couple of months they would have an amazing sale were you could reg .tv's for as low as $8.99. And then something happened, something political, and Bob started using .me for his site and .tv was banished and things have never been the same for .tv at GoDaddy since.

•••
definately something personal going on with bob and .tv .....old news now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back