IT.COM

FU*K NETFIRMS.com just because....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Godaddy may suck at hosting but they do domain right...

Fu*k all this other secondary sketchy registers...

This piece of shi* Netfirms.com let me purchase a name last year to get an account..to receive a domain push. I paid like $1:99 for a ".website" and now these fu*kers renewed it for $28+ WTF

I needed $28 the other day for a health product and had to put it off and these dot sh*t mongrels committ highway robbery..

Remind of those scam registers that charge newbies $60 to renew their .com domains.

And their reminders are not like Godaddy where they send you reminders more than once...

And not surprisingly they sent the one notice only, in the way early morning before the sun is out before any one is awake... Wouldn't be surprised if this is a strategy..

I hope this piece a sh*t place goes out of business.,...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those real cheap reg offers tend to fire back with high renewal or redemption cost.

•••

This piece of shi* Netfirms.com let me purchase a name last year to get an account..to receive a domain push. I paid like $1:99 for a ".website" and now these fu*kers renewed it for $28+ WTF

I needed $28 the other day for a health product and had to put it off and these dot sh*t mongrels committ highway robbery..

Remind of those scam registers that charge newbies $60 to renew their .com domains.

And their reminders are not like Godaddy where they send you reminders more than once...

And not surprisingly they sent the one notice only, in the way early morning before the sun is out before any one is awake... Wouldn't be surprised if this is a strategy..

This is why I always try to keep all my domains set to renew manually.

•••
This is why I always try to keep all my domains set to renew manually.
I've done that now with them.

Netfirms had me register that cheap name to set up an account last year so i could receive a domain push from someone.

So this domain wasn't even on my radar...

I'll transfer domains immediately If i have to use another registrar or request a transfer ot from the seller...

•••

The same as godaddy and others, you should expect that if you pay 1$ or so for a domain to have higher renewal fees or hosting. Also, they are part of endurance group, who owns about 300 companies, like bluehost, bigrock, ipage, mojo marketplace, so it's hard to believe that they will go out of business. I had over 400 names with them and I've newer had any issue, but I don't trust anybody for anything automatic, I check manually everything.

•••
set auto renew off
all registrars
its pretty much that simple

•••
management management management. just mind your biz and no matter how awful a registrar. you will never get the "shock"..mind you I just transferred $1.99 domains from last year's last netfirms special.

and I procrastinated to the last minute.

What I should have DONE was liquidate them all on Namejet prior to the 60 days before expiration. a requirement for namejet.

just manage your time and you should be fine.

(fyi I should follow my own advice next time! so you and me in the same boat! lol) Good luck!

•••
I would imagine could be some people that had purchased hundreds of domains during the promo last year - and never turned off autorenew. Could you imagine that bill? :vomit:

•••
lol. I transferred over to LCN for $6.22 transfers.

All done now. pheww!!

•••

Tell us how you really feel @rivey001 :xf.laugh:

Sorry to rehash this but I was thinking of getting a few domains with them but I cannot find any good reviews anywhere.

Crap - I think I'll pass on them

•••
I would imagine could be some people that had purchased hundreds of domains during the promo last year - and never turned off autorenew. Could you imagine that bill? :vomit:
That’s the only reason .xyz is still in business haha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back