IT.COM

Fu*k Flippa for accepting bids after auction ends...

NameSilo
Watch
I was the highest bidder for a domain at the deadline. Why are pending bids allowed when the auction ends and seller is given up to 72 hours to accept? This is not "make offer" but this is a dang auction!!!! A deadline is a deadline.

If a bid isn't accepted before the deadline then it shouldn't be legitimate. I've been watching this name intently for a while. When an auction closes it means it closes.. It is not legal anywhere in the world to be accepting bids when an auction is over.

If you bid last minute then you should cut out the approval process.. Because I would see that a bid beat me and then respond with a higher bid. All i see is that I am the Top Bidder Now i get a messaging said there are pending bids blaa blaaa blaa...wtf Flippa

You motha ffers need to be more transparent...Even ebay is better because if someone outbids you with little time to go you can know instantly that u are outbid.. and respond as fast as you can. I know about sniping.. but the auction is live and u see instantly. Flippa auction is almost like a backdoor deal.. where you send secret bids while shile showing another person as top bidder. This shiiit still shows you as the highest bidder...

What the fu*k is this seller approval about? Clear people to bid and if they are cleared then let them bid and let live be live..If they have a bad history and then close them out all together...

Never heard of an auction where you don't know who won until up 72 hours after the auction ends... that's the message they gave me. I would and back door some motha fuxxers but i won't add another penny to them..

Then to complicate things whenever i bid with under an hour left it seems like time gets added. So why wasn't time added then, even five minutes to prevent this scam. This is worst than sniping. And it might not be added unless the seller is around to accept bids/offers.. to show you have been outbid... Thus you can't respond or get time added because the seller might be home taking a sheet on the toilet or jak n offf in the back room.

It starts with integrity Flippa.. That platform will fail because of a lapse in integrity. Bad practices.

Mark my words: Flippa.com will Fail as a platform. It's a matter of time before anew platform comes into play.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Bids being accepted after auction close happend to me before also, a stupid policy to say that least, which disrespects all active bidders.

Also happend to me I once spent the better part of 6 hours in a bidding war, where some guy chose to bid at the absolute last minute for hours on end. 1 hour bid extensions are a bit much, life is just to short.

I know Kevin has been very active on namepros sn making it a more friendly marketplace, and goes out of his way to get things fixed, maybe you can reach out to him with your concerns.

•••
I was the highest bidder for a domain at the deadline. Why are pending bids allowed when the auction ends and seller is given up to 72 hours to accept? This is not "make offer" but this is a dang auction!!!! A deadline is a deadline.

If a bid isn't accepted before the deadline then it shouldn't be legitimate. I've been watching this name intently for a while. When an auction closes it means it closes.. It is not legal anywhere in the world to be accepting bids when an auction is over.

If you bid last minute then you should cut out the approval process.. Because I would see that a bid beat me and then respond with a higher bid. All i see is that I am the Top Bidder Now i get a messaging said there are pending bids blaa blaaa blaa...wtf Flippa

You motha ffers need to be more transparent...Even ebay is better because if someone outbids you with little time to go you can know instantly that u are outbid.. and respond as fast as you can. I know about sniping.. but the auction is live and u see instantly. Flippa auction is almost like a backdoor deal.. where you send secret bids while shile showing another person as top bidder. This shiiit still shows you as the highest bidder...

What the fu*k is this seller approval about? Clear people to bid and if they are cleared then let them bid and let live be live..If they have a bad history and then close them out all together...

Never heard of an auction where you don't know who won until up 72 hours after the auction ends... that's the message they gave me. I would and back door some motha fuxxers but i won't add another penny to them..

Then to complicate things whenever i bid with under an hour left it seems like time gets added. So why wasn't time added then, even five minutes to prevent this scam. This is worst than sniping. And it might not be added unless the seller is around to accept bids/offers.. to show you have been outbid... Thus you can't respond or get time added because the seller might be home taking a sheet on the toilet or jak n offf in the back room.

It starts with integrity Flippa.. That platform will fail because of a lapse in integrity. Bad practices.

Mark my words: Flippa.com will Fail as a platform. It's a matter of time before anew platform comes into play.
We feel your pain! You are not alone!

•••
Thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to stay away from them!
I had a good experience with GoDaddy auctions. Near the close, when somebody bids you get 1min extra and it's clear who is winning and how much time is left. On the mobile app anyways, I don't think the web version autoupdates, which is stupid...

•••
Hahahahaa. So funny written.

Sorry for your experience.

Flippa sucks and that is a fact !

•••
Was reserve met?

If it was not, I can understand why they allow afterhours bids, otherwise..

•••
Was reserve met?

Actually it is a way to game the system, in the hands of pure evil, it can be used for bad things.

Most times a seller needs to verify the bidder, so if a bidder places a bid that is not verified by the seller, the seller will still have the chance to accept their bid after the auction closes.

I am surprised flippa has not closed this loophole, I discovered it over a year ago now.

•••
Week in week out ,,,,, there is always another issue with this company. Very hard to trust them not to screw you over ....... higher bids = higher commissions

•••
same thing happened to me on godaddy just a couple of days ago. i'm on the app closely watching a particular auction and i'm the lead bidder when the words auction ended replaced the clock. a few seconds later, i'm not the lead bidder anymore and ended up paying an extra 55 bucks for that one.

•••
same thing happened to me on godaddy just a couple of days ago. i'm on the app closely watching a particular auction and i'm the lead bidder when the words auction ended replaced the clock. a few seconds later, i'm not the lead bidder anymore and ended up paying an extra 55 bucks for that one.
There are a ton of idiots on godaddy, there sole mission in life is to simply to keep pushing the bid up $5 in the last few seconds, right to your max, then they bail, and stick you with a max bid. That is why usernames are super important, but they are still absent from the platform. It will open up alot of bidding reform.

•••
Was reserve met?

It was a no reserve auction

•••
Bids being accepted after auction close happened to me before also, a stupid policy to say that least, which disrespects all active bidders.

Also happend to me I once spent the better part of 6 hours in a bidding war, where some guy chose to bid at the absolute last minute for hours on end. 1 hour bid extensions are a bit much, life is just to short.

I know Kevin has been very active on namepros sn making it a more friendly marketplace, and goes out of his way to get things fixed, maybe you can reach out to him with your concerns.
As the auction ends, Flippa can extend it by even 5 minutes if you get outbid. The problem is that the seller has to approve each bid before the extention happens. A seller should have to set their requirements on who can bid before the auction even starts but not after each bid. So basically if an auction has a minute to go, and someone outbids you.. you will have no clue???? Because if the seller is not around to approve the bid, then the auction will still show you as the top bidder. Because they are waiting on the seller to get off their toilet to come and approve the secret bids...The maximum bidding system where flippa will bid on your behalf automatically doesn't work either as long as seller has to manually approve each bid. Because you are not notified that someone outbid you until seller approves the bid. Thus if seller is not around you are screwed. The auction basically ended with me as the top bidder but people got approved after. If pre-approved common sense settings were implemented then the auction would have automatically been extented an hour or even "5 minutes".. thus giving it integrity and allowing seller to make more. In my case the seller would have made more than an extra $5.

Who is working at flippa all these years and don't have the common sense to devise a simple working system???? I hear about them working on this and that but I don't see it...

•••
There are a ton of idiots on godaddy, there sole mission in life is to simply to keep pushing the bid up $5 in the last few seconds, right to your max, then they bail, and stick you with a max bid. That is why usernames are super important, but they are still absent from the platform. It will open up alot of bidding reform.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me on godaddy including recently.
It's easy to see what your proxy goes to so they just bid to your max for the fun of it.

Frustrates me no end!

•••
Actually it is a way to game the system, in the hands of pure evil, it can be used for bad things.

Most times a seller needs to verify the bidder, so if a bidder places a bid that is not verified by the seller, the seller will still have the chance to accept their bid after the auction closes.

I am surprised flippa has not closed this loophole, I discovered it over a year ago now.
This loophole is a lack of integrity. Even on ebay they are common sense implementations where a seller can set requirements bidders have to pass in order to bid on their listing, such as their rating or history, so you don't have to deal with phony bidders. But on flippa the seller has to manually approve each bid. This should be set before the auction starts. I have a perfect history. So bids can go through and buyers can know instantly that they have been outbid. Basically the seller could be doing anywhere doing anything and nowhere to approve a bid as auction closes. Thus no live updates, no notifications, you could be listed as the top bidder when auction ends. But still lose because of these last minute bids that have to be approved. If their system allowed for common sense bidding then the auction would have automatically been extented.

•••
What other auction platform has a seller approval process for bids? Flippa is not friendly to buyers. I don't even go there anymore. Make the platform better for buyers, and in turn it will become better for sellers.

•••
Hi,

I happens with me for one of my auction. Someone placed Bid 2 minutes before cut off time. Auction ended and last bidder becomes winner. It is unfair for the highest previous bidder because it did not give them any time to place anymore bid. I did offer similar name to previous highest bidder for his highest bid just to make him happy. He accepted offer and happy but that is not correct way of handling auction on Flippa. There is certain bad rules Flippa has and they should seriously take into consideration before it is too late.

Thanks

•••
My frustration with godaddy deserves a second post lol.

I really think they should introduce bidder usernames like namejet and others have.
I want to know who these idiots are who keep deliberately pushing the bids to my max proxy bids on multiple auctions just to make me pay more. I used to think it was just coincidence but it isn't.

After numerous and I mean tons of expiring auctions i've bid on and won this has happened over and over again. I've actually got fed up of this happening so have stopped using them to buy certain names for a while at their platform. Anyone got a solution to this problem, am I missing somethiong obvious?

Sorry OP for derailing the thread, it was only because others mentioned godaddy and my frustration about this got the better of me.

•••
Another flippa story just in few days... Sad...

GD: I have noticed a weird thing over the time... If I choose 20 names I like and randomly split them into 10 and 10, bid on 10 of those last minute the $12, 7-8 of those would get another bid from someone and the 10 that would go to closeout, maybe 1-2 would be snatched by someone.

I refuse to believe it is coincidence. And I have stopped placing bids on GD names unless it is real gem and I rather try my chances that nobody has seen the value I am seeing and take it at closeouts...

•••
My frustration with godaddy deserves a second post lol.

I really think they should introduce bidder usernames like namejet and others have.
I want to know who these idiots are who keep deliberately pushing the bids to my max proxy bids on multiple auctions just to make me pay more. I used to think it was just coincidence but it isn't.

After numerous and I mean tons of expiring auctions i've bid on and won this has happened over and over again. I've actually got fed up of this happening so have stopped using them to buy certain names for a while at their platform. Anyone got a solution to this problem, am I missing somethiong obvious?

Sorry OP for derailing the thread, it was only because others mentioned godaddy and my frustration about this got the better of me.
I don't use godaddy for bidding at all, just don't like it. I am guessing from what you are saying that people could easily even create extra accounts just to bid on their own names or have others who do in order to scam or get the maximum price. That's just one loophole. Yeah there has to be accountability and transparency. But maybe someone else more experienced using Godaddy can better help.

•••
Another flippa story just in few days... Sad...

GD: I have noticed a weird thing over the time... If I choose 20 names I like and randomly split them into 10 and 10, bid on 10 of those last minute the $12, 7-8 of those would get another bid from someone and the 10 that would go to closeout, maybe 1-2 would be snatched by someone.

I refuse to believe it is coincidence. And I have stopped placing bids on GD names unless it is real gem and I rather try my chances that nobody has seen the value I am seeing and take it at closeouts...

I haven't done quite what you've done with godaddy but i've been in enough auctions to know there are idiots up to no good there. I often leave some names i'm interested in to let them go to closeouts and pick them up there if available. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

They never have any interest in the name, just to make me pay more for the names I want. I have placed proxies for $87 and similar amounts and time and again I get bid up to $82 (or whatever my max proxy is) and then they drop out and make me pay up. What are the odds that they really wanted the name/s for that exact amount and no more lol.

2 questions:

1. I would just love to know what they get out of doing this. How do they gain anything in any way from this?
2. Any tips how to avoid this apart from risking them going to closeouts and trying to pick them up that way?

Thanks

•••
I think people have grown too comfortable and acceptable with Flippa. We become aware of these pending bids and so we just overtime work with it. But it's bull and we need to call them out. Once bidding starts things should already be set.

•••
For GD, I also don't have time to play the games with some idiots that will do +$5 just before time expires again and again to reset the clock. I just can't be in front of the monitor for 2 hours to see the name go from $12 to 200$ slowly, but I also don't trust them enough just to have the highest number I want to really bid. So I also gave up on that.

For flippa, once I decided to look through their 4L inventory of auctions and bid my numbers for the ones I liked. After few bids (7 or something) it said "you can't bid X bids in less than X hours (don't remember exact numbers). Again, I don't know what against they are protecting themselves, but don't have time to come back again, do query look through bunch of garbage. Don't like adding "watch" as well, as I then get spammed by all the messages.

•••
I haven't done quite what you've done with godaddy but i've been in enough auctions to know there are idiots up to no good there. I often leave some names i'm interested in to let them go to closeouts and pick them up there if available. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

They never have any interest in the name, just to make me pay more for the names I want. I have placed proxies for $87 and similar amounts and time and again I get bid up to $82 (or whatever my max proxy is) and then they drop out and make me pay up. What are the odds that they really wanted the name/s for that exact amount and no more lol.

2 questions:

1. I would just love to know what they get out of doing this. How do they gain anything in any way from this?
2. Any tips how to avoid this apart from risking them going to closeouts and trying to pick them up that way?

Thanks

If you are saying they stop right close to your max, that is either coincidence (you both value the name similarly) or it must be insider thing.

I don't trust GD auctions that much. They don't shy away from even simple and visible stuff, like gauging their view counter to make the domain look more popular than it is. Just go to any domain's page and refresh the page and you'll see the counter counting views in doubles...

•••
If you are saying they stop right close to your max, that is either coincidence (you both value the name similarly) or it must be insider thing.

I don't trust GD auctions that much. They don't shy away from even simple and visible stuff, like gauging their view counter to make the domain look more popular than it is. Just go to any domain's page and refresh the page and you'll see the counter counting views in doubles...

I have placed a ton of proxies at different levels over the years at varying amounts and I mean weird amounts like $87 and other similar strange amounts and time and again a bidder or more then one takes it exactly to $5 short of my max proxy where you can see if you look at the bidding history the proxy is at an end (easy to spot if you look carefully). They then run and make me pay up over and over again.

It makes me sick, so for now i'm not using godaddy auctions until I can figure out if there's a way to stop this happening to me as a buyer, so curious if others have had similar to me which I can see above some have experienced as well.

•••
I have placed a ton of proxies at different levels over the years at varying amounts and I mean weird amounts like $87 and other similar strange amounts and time and again a bidder or more then one takes it exactly to $5 short of my max proxy where you can see if you look at the bidding history the proxy is at an end (easy to spot if you look carefully). They then run and make me pay up over and over again.

It makes me sick, so for now i'm not using godaddy auctions until I can figure out if there's a way to stop this happening to me as a buyer, so curious if others have had similar to me which I can see above some have experienced as well.

Don't do proxies, unless you absolutely need the name... Let the shill?/stupid? bidder always to second guess if they'll have to hold the baby...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back