Domain Empire

FROZEN .ORG Warning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
what do you think of theis warning? from my registrar? how would they verify all the telephone contacts?...is this a global announcement?

and why is November 3rd a Sunday???

Dear Customer,

The Public Interest Registry (PIR.org), is mandating that the WHOIS for all .ORG registrations contain a valid phone number.
Please log into your account and ensure that all contacts (Registrant, Billing, Technical, Administrative, & Aux Billing) have a valid phone number associated with them. Any names that do not have a valid phone number by Sunday, November 3rd will be taken out of the zone by PIR and will not resolve until the phone numbers are updated. Thank you very much for your immediate action regarding this.

Sincerely,

NameCheap.com Support team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes RH..... i've also had that message from my registrar and I think it's an SOP... no problems

•••
I received that too. Mine is showing as October 31st though.

•••
Interesting. So PIR's serious about WHOIS phone numbers, eh?

•••
I got it too. Don't have any .org's though. What are they gonna do, verify each phone number? :-/

•••
Looks like domainers are now subject to random phone testing. :hehe:

•••
what if you dont have a phone... You're not legally obligated to have one?
A lot of people dont even use traditional phones anymore they use a cell phone.
Listing your cell phone number is just asking for trouble.

The phone number option should be deleted... waste of space, time, money, and effort. It is also spam friendly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back