NameSilo

alert Front running in GoDaddy domain name auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
I got an email from someone trying to sell me a similar domain name to one that I already own. The domain is not even remotely similar to mine but anyway…
I found out that the domain was actually expired and was at the time available in CLOSEOUT GoDaddy Auctions.
Since I didn’t show any interest for the domain name, the front runner didn’t buy it and it is currently in Redemption Period and will soon be free for anyone to register.
So the point here is to avoid front running. Even if you are interested in the domain name offered, just research the domain name for 2 minutes and buy it yourself cutting out the middleman...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
News? err....ok, thanks.....

•••
I used to get these emails. It's good to know because these spammers often tell me about domains that I want to buy and then I just go buy them on GoDaddy Auctions. They do the legwork for me. :xf.grin:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back