Dynadot

FOOTBALL for NP$'s - Part IV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
New thread here in the NEW "Contests Forum" ... however I believe Sohil/SMH have something still on Ohio State vs. Purdue for this coming weekend from thread #3.

Post some up by tom'w folks (college and NFL), I'm on a HoT streak! D-:
Thanks.
:$:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
painperdu-do we have a bet, ill take oklahoma no spread for 500 np's

•••
Originally posted by smh7233
painperdu-do we have a bet, ill take oklahoma no spread for 500 np's

Cool, I'll take it :)

•••
600 NP$'s en route to SMH for both Dallas and Denver!
Man, when I lose ... I really LOSE. LOL.
Maybe Green Bay (other pool) / New England (next week's betting ... and may be going to the game) will take me to the promised land. :yell:
Enjoy!
B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
600 NP$'s en route to SMH for both Dallas and Denver!
Man, when I lose ... I really LOSE. LOL.
Maybe Green Bay (other pool) / New England (next week's betting ... and may be going to the game) will take me to the promised land. :yell:
Enjoy!
B-)

np's received thanks. this win might just cover my current oklahoma bet with painperdu. unless they make a comeback.

also you might want to check your other team in the pool its st louis not green bay.

•••
I gots St. Louis Rams, stand corrected.
Thank 'ya.

PS. Go Tigers! :D
J/k.

•••
Originally posted by painperdu
Cool, I'll take it :)

well you got it. np's on the way. i just wish it would have been usc-lsu so usc could have whooped em :tu:

•••
•••
yep usc would have :kickass: ed

I am starting to get ticked with the bcs

USC = True Champions

•••
One more game ... USC vs. LSU, for all the marbles!! :kickass:

Who do we contact, when should it be, and where ... I 'wanna go to it. Let's find out once and for all who's TRULY #1. There's still time.
Yes? No? Oh no.
B-)

•••
well you got it. np's on the way. i just wish it would have been usc-lsu so usc could have whooped em :tu:

NPs recieved. Thanks!

Go LSU!

LSU #1 National BCS Champs!!!

:bingo: :tu: :kickass: :)

Boo Ya!

•••
well i think everyone knows USC is the best team in the country. at least lsu has to be stuck with the BS title... i mean bcs title. this system is flawed and needs to be fixed. there needs to be a playoff of some sort ASAP.

•••
yea the system is definately crap. but i think that with this season it will change in the near future.

•••
Yeah, this is kind of bitter sweet for LSU too. They beat the teams that were put in front of them and still they remain #2 by the AP. I thought the BCS was made up to stop these shared titles?

•••
well i think everyone knows USC is the best team in the country. at least lsu has to be stuck with the BS title... i mean bcs title. this system is flawed and needs to be fixed. there needs to be a playoff of some sort ASAP.

I have heard that BCS is never going to have playoffs. Ever! D-:

•••
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/7665018.htm

NCAA Says No to Title Game Proposal
Associated Press

SAN DIEGO - Unhappy with college football's split national championship, the head of a computer company thought he could entice Southern California and LSU to play each other later this month by offering $30 million in scholarship money.

The NCAA quickly hit the "delete" button, saying there was no way such a game could be played.

Ted Waitt, chairman and CEO of Gateway Inc., which is based in the San Diego suburb of Poway, offered each school $10 million in scholarships for disadvantaged students if they'd play each other the weekend of Jan. 24-25. The winner would have gotten an additional $10 million in scholarships and $1 million in Gateway products.

"Everybody wants to see it happen," Waitt said. "It'd be fun. But everybody is afraid of the NCAA. We just want to know one good reason why this can't happen."

Waitt made his proposal in letters faxed Thursday to LSU Chancellor Mark Emmert, USC President Steven Sample and NCAA President Myles Brand.

"It's just not as simple or easy as doing that," said Wally Renfro, the senior adviser to Brand. "Decisions about postseason football are made by the membership of the association. Those two institutions would not be able to make that decision in any event.

"Right now, by the bylaws, it couldn't happen."

And the NCAA wouldn't jump even with $30 million in scholarships up for grabs?

"No," Renfro said.

Besides numerous logistical problems, games aren't allowed past last Sunday, which was the date of the Sugar Bowl.

USC was No. 1 in both the AP media poll and USA Today/ESPN coaches' poll at the end of the regular season, but slipped behind No. 2 LSU and No. 3 Oklahoma in the computers and the final BCS standings because of a weaker strength of schedule.

LSU won the BCS national championship by beating Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl while USC won The Associated Press title by beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl.
--

Too bad, LSU could have used a few extra million!

•••
here are my picks for this weekends playoff games. im going against everything i stand for and taking all the road teams. i normally dont like to take road teams especially in the playoffs so ill probably lose all of em. ill go up to 250 np's on each game. my picks are in bold

carolina +7 at st louis

tennessee +7 at new england

indianapolis +3 at kansas city

green bay +7 at philadelphia

•••
New England -7 ... 250 NP$'s! :music:

Thanks and Good Luck, SMH.
PS. I may be going to the game, expected temperature at Foxborough is -20 degrees (not factoring in the wind). :o
LOL.
B-)

•••
New England -7 ... 250 NP$'s! :music:

Thanks and Good Luck, SMH.
PS. I may be going to the game, expected temperature at Foxborough is -20 degrees (not factoring in the wind). :o
LOL.
B-)

have fun if you go to the game. i cant wait until i get that chance again here in chicago. :tu:

•••
have fun if you go to the game. i cant wait until i get that chance again here in chicago. :tu:

You'll always have 1986 to keep me in check, SMH. :'(
BaHahaha.
Thank 'ya, enjoy the games!
B-)'

•••
Okay, not totally sure how the score system works but here are my bets:

carolina +7 at st louis

tennessee +7 at new england

indianapolis at kansas city + 3

green bay +7 at philadelphia

Ill bet 50 on each, so looking for someone to match my bets :)

•••
Son of a gun, no one matched my bet. Well in that case my bets are nill since the other games havent startede yet. Panthers won whoop.

•••
•••
Originally posted by Sohil
Indy -3 for 50 NP$'s. B-)

KC +3, good to go Sohil! :tu:

PS. SMH ... your 250 NP$'s are en route (I lost on the points).
This is one that don't hurt too bad, though. My Pats are headed again to the SuperBowl! WoooHooo.
Thanks much.

•••
KC +3, good to go Sohil! :tu:

No one can stop Colts from winning now. :D

•••
Originally posted by Sohil
No one can stop Colts from winning now. :D

EXCEPT for one team! :kickass:
50 NP$'s en route.
WaaHoo.
B-)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back