NameSilo

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Fog Computing & Edge Computing searches showing strong trend at Google trends
ww.jpg

•••
•••
Game changer, along with ziberos previous post. - http://www.openfogconsortium.org/ look at the founders lol. This real enough for everyone yet or still the joke it was on page 1 of this thread?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Fogg it.

I forgot about this niche. Ive been to busy fogging the buyouts.

•••
Oh well, you are not the only one who FOGot about it...

•••
I had a mid xxx offer on my FogSolution.com last week (from the US), I countered and haven't heard back yet

•••
He probably went with FoggingSolution after considering also FriggingSolution ))

•••
He could have it if he wants it, its still available..its a crappy name though

•••
I bought 3 of these fog domains last year during the GD coupon days...

Now its time to renew, which if any would you renew?

FogLinks (.) com
LoadFog (.) com
Fogology (.) com
Fog (.) network
Fog (.) consulting

Thanks..

•••
I bought 3 of these fog domains last year during the GD coupon days...

Now its time to renew, which if any would you renew?

FogLinks (.) com
LoadFog (.) com
Fogology (.) com
Fog (.) network
Fog (.) consulting

Thanks..
I like fog.network
If you believe in the fog I would renew it

•••
•••
I had a mid xxx offer on my FogSolution.com last week (from the US), I countered and haven't heard back yet

Nice. In what range did you countered?

•••
•••
I picked up a handful, the last 2 sound brandable:

SECURE FOGGING .com
FOG STORAGE .io
FOG DATA .io
FOG NETWORK .io
FOG NETWORKING .io
FOGGING .us
FOG CLOUD .us
COMPUFOG .com
COMPUFOGGING .com

•••
I picked up a handful, the last 2 sound brandable:

SECURE FOGGING .com
FOG STORAGE .io
FOG DATA .io
FOG NETWORK .io
FOG NETWORKING .io
FOGGING .us
FOG CLOUD .us
COMPUFOG .com
COMPUFOGGING .com

Apparently, you have money to burn.

•••
Apparently, you have money to burn.
It's not burned unless I don't wind up moving it, but yeah, I have the $ for it

•••
So funny, I had COMPUFOG .com in my GD cart very recently. But I kicked it out during my second walk through on deciding what to keep and what to buy.

•••
Had a good ring to it I felt.

Picked up one more too, FOGGING .online

•••
Article from last week-

Today a coalition of leaders in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem, including ARM (NASDAQ: ARMH, LSE: ARM.L), Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO), Dell, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT), and the Princeton University Edge Laboratory have come together to form the OpenFog Consortium. The goal of this consortium is to accelerate the deployment of Fog technologies through the development of an open architecture, core technologies including the capabilities of distributed computing, networking, and storage as well as the leadership needed to realize the full potential of IoT. The OpenFog architecture brings seamless Intelligence from the Cloud to the IoT endpoints using an open standardized approach. The founding members will build initial frameworks and architectures that reduce the time required to deliver the end-to-end IoT scenarios.

Fog computing technology distributes the resources and services of computation, communication, control, and storage closer to devices and systems at or near the users. The OpenFog non-profit global consortium will drive industry and academic leadership in fog computing architectures with whitepapers, testbeds, and other deliverables that demonstrate best practices for interoperability and composability between cloud and edge architectures. By utilizing existing standards work and proven approaches, the consortium will reduce the time required to deliver the end-to-end IoT scenarios (technologies, architectures, testbeds, and business development) that the market is demanding.

The Open Fog Consortium will be building the initial framework and architecture through early 2016, with additional announcements at expected at IoT World Forum in Dubai, December 6-8, 2015.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back