domains Floyd Mayweather bought this from BuyDomains

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Girl-Collection-logo.jpg
Mayweather Bought “Girl Collection” Domain Name via BuyDomains

In the lead up to the big Floyd Mayweather vs. Connor McGregor fight in Las Vegas tonight, Floyd Mayweather has been spending the evenings at his new Las Vegas strip club called “Girl Collection.” Smartly, it looks like Mayweather (and his team) bought the GirlCollection.com exact match domain name, which is being used for its website. They were also able to secure the exact match @girlcollection Twitter account and @girlcollection Instagram account...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well he certainly is rich enough to drop that money without blinking an eye.

•••
In other words, they got the names without even putting up a fight.

•••
wait a minute. the article says "thee owner did not" so is buydomains a broker for domain owners? or does buydomains sell their own domains?

•••
If the buyer has an estimated 700 million dollars (and publically states it's really 800 mil) and you sell him a domain for 3888, well lol

And girlcollection about the most women as objects name out there

Got to come for him saying something like: "Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my girl collection"

•••
wait a minute. the article says "thee owner did not" so is buydomains a broker for domain owners? or does buydomains sell their own domains?
I thought they only sold their own domains these days. :-/

"Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my girl collection"
"Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my domain collection" :greedy:

•••
That's funny!

"Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my girl collection"

•••
He also has a bodyguard collection.

Saw a promo earlier with him at his new place and the logo for his new domain.

•••
Mayweather also appears to have bought GirlsCollection.com from BuyDomains.com

upload_2017-8-26_23-19-18.png

upload_2017-8-26_23-21-51.png

Both GirlCollection.com and GirlsCollection.com were registered to the same email address. Though, GirlsCollection.com doesn't redirect. Might just be a defensive purchase.

Also, prior to registration going private, a Nevada residential address was used in the WHOIS. I have seen other professional athletes home addresses and phone numbers in WHOIS before. This is not the case. It appears to be Mayweathers PR service, and also an address where his fanmail is sent according to http://www.celebritydetective.com/Floyd-Mayweather-Mailing-Address.html

•••
Mayweather also appears to have bought GirlsCollection.com from BuyDomains.com

Show attachment 67409

Show attachment 67410

Both GirlCollection.com and GirlsCollection.com were registered to the same email address. Though, GirlsCollection.com doesn't redirect. Might just be a defensive purchase.

Also, prior to registration going private, a Nevada residential address was used in the WHOIS. I have seen other professional athletes home addresses and phone numbers in WHOIS before. This is not the case. It appears to be Mayweathers PR service, and also an address where his fanmail is sent according to http://www.celebritydetective.com/Floyd-Mayweather-Mailing-Address.html

what's in that bundle of 12 names he owns ??

•••
what's in that bundle of 12 names he owns ??

The other 10 may or may not be Mayweathers. Anyone can put a name on WHOIS. GirlCollection has been confirmed to be his, and GirlsCollection used the same email so it's safe to assume both are his. The other 10 aren't confirmed.

upload_2017-8-27_4-22-0.png

Last edited:
•••
If the buyer has an estimated 700 million dollars (and publically states it's really 800 mil) and you sell him a domain for 3888, well lol

And girlcollection about the most women as objects name out there

Got to come for him saying something like: "Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my girl collection"

This is why people hate domainers. The price of a name is based on it's value not the amount of money a person is worth. Imagine what life would be like for Bill Gates if everything he purchased was based on his worth. If the domain is worth $3800, that should be the price regardless of the buyer.

•••
The price of a name is based on it's value not the amount of money a person is worth.
A domain name is worth the price that a buyer and seller agree to. The end.

Domainers frequently sell domains for less than they believe they are worth because buyers rarely have enough money to afford them. If we want or need a sale, then we have to undercut its value. This can be a form of generosity by the domainer or necessary to generate cash flow, based on the seller's situation before the deal.

When a buyer comes along who can finally afford the domain's real worth, like Mr. Mayweather, then we don't need to give as big of a discount, because they can afford it.

Its value is the same.

•••
Hand Regged, very clever.

•••
Personally i would of the 3800 plus x2 ringside tickets for the fight.

•••
Maybe Maywether is domaining if he doesn't develop it.

•••
Maybe Maywether is domaining if he doesn't develop it.

??? It is developed...

upload_2017-8-28_10-39-32.png

The plural (GirlsCollection.com) is not developed, nor does it redirect to the developed GirlCollection.com. Hence, the thought of it being a defensive purchase. Or maybe BuyDomains through in the plural for free...

GirlCollections.com appears to be owned by another domainer who's offering it for sale with a $3,500 BIN on Sedo.

•••
??? It is developed...

Show attachment 67466

The plural (GirlsCollection.com) is not developed, nor does it redirect to the developed GirlCollection.com. Hence, the thought of it being a defensive purchase. Or maybe BuyDomains through in the plural for free...

GirlCollections.com appears to be owned by another domainer who's offering it for sale with a $3,500 BIN on Sedo.

I must have typed in the plural.

•••
thats a great project for the research team....find the biz name of every celeb and buy the exact match in King. I love the sound track to the video on the home page

•••
A domain?!? I thought he'd buy some more cars first! :ROFL:
Like @KingDon said: "Here is my car collection, my art collection, and my girl collection" lol
Either way, whatever he backs will sell, his name and influence are a hot commodity, whether it's girls, the 'experience', a fight, clothes, anything really. And he really seems to be quite the collector.

Seems McGregor is also going to try and make something of his post-fight hype, he's going the Whiskey route though, legend choice imo! Hahaha! Using his 'notorious' nickname as the brand.
Can't share the link though, but it's over at foxnews

•••
Actually I quoted johname, he is the originator of that golden nugget!

•••
Actually I quoted johname, he is the originator of that golden nugget!
Ah, I saw that now! Thanks for the correction! A nugget indeed!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back