IT.COM

discuss Flippa Domain Buyer opened Dispute on PayPal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shams

Invest in Your Digital Future with Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
Few days ago i sold 1 domain on flippa and buyer paid me with paypal and today he open a Dispute on paypal.

What is the best way to deal with this matter. The PayPal put an hold on that amount.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It must be horrible but you should tell what the dispute is about.

•••
It must be horrible but you should tell what the dispute is about.

Here's is content of the email which i received before he opened a claim.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi.

I bought the domain XXXX.com from you a few days ago, but I'm in desperate need of money and that $XXX was the only amount I had saved up. I need it for emergency reasons.

Do you think I could get a refund? I've been feeling very anxious and depressed about this to the point that I cannot get out of bed.

I don't know where else to get the money from. Do you think you could possibly refund it to me? I'm in an emergency situation right now.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

•••
Sham, it seems the guy has a weak case. You should win the dispute. I hope you have all the proof of domain transfer. You can contact Flippa and obtain their backing to present your case before Paypal.
There is no short-cut way to solve the dispute. Alternatively, you can talk with the guy and try to resolve the issue. If you are fine with refund, you can ask him to transfer the domain back before sending payment.

•••
ask him to revert the domain and refund his money, Very Simple. it does't happen always but there could be some serious problem.

•••
Definitely take screen caps of that email and send it to paypal to fight the dispute. I've won many disputes over design services - it could be worth calling that department too to see what else you can give them to help your case.

•••
ask him to revert the domain and refund his money, Very Simple. it does't happen always but there could be some serious problem.
Sham, it seems the guy has a weak case. You should win the dispute. I hope you have all the proof of domain transfer. You can contact Flippa and obtain their backing to present your case before Paypal.
There is no short-cut way to solve the dispute. Alternatively, you can talk with the guy and try to resolve the issue. If you are fine with refund, you can ask him to transfer the domain back before sending payment.

i'm agree to get back my domain but i told him that i'll refund you with few days when i'll have some funds in my paypal account. last night he was agreed but today morning i received an email that he has opened a dispute. He also opened a dispute on flippa. But Luckily i have video proof of domain transfer.

•••
Definitely take screen caps of that email and send it to paypal to fight the dispute. I've won many disputes over design services - it could be worth calling that department too to see what else you can give them to help your case.
I have video proof and i also ask that person to cancel the dispute and i'll get back to you when i have funds in my paypal account. He has cancel the dispute 10 minutes ago. Is there any way he can reopen dispute.

•••
He has cancel the dispute 10 minutes ago. Is there any way he can reopen dispute.

I don't think he will open dispute again, he needs money he will not do anything stupid again when you are ready to refund his money.

•••
Just curious, was the domain a LLLL.com?

•••
•••
oops, double post

Last edited:
•••
I always add a disclaimer that all sale's are final, period. Whether it's within the auction itself or within my Policies on the auction site. Not trying to be cold but if xxx is all they have, they should not be buying domains, JMO.

Example:
domainbyowner Store Policies

Welcome
Welcome to my store, thanks for looking!!

Payment Terms
Payment depends on the amount of the auction. I will accept PayPal.com, Escrow.com, Bank Wire and Bank Cashier Check.

Additional Policies
All domain sales are final!

Refunds & Exchanges
No refunds on winning auctions.

•••
if the buyer closed the dispute then you are safe. why did you said him that you will refund when you have money ? there was no reason to do this

•••
if the buyer closed the dispute then you are safe. why did you said him that you will refund when you have money ? there was no reason to do this
Bro. He was almost begging but when i visit his flippa profile he was suspended. So i reply him with that i'll refund but i need time. I said this so that i can get sometime to think and open dispute on flippa Because he said i need money now. Refund me now. Bla Blaa

•••
That's why I am believing in Bitcoin for these types of transactions. Paypal can freeze your money much easier than regular banks. Btw. is anybody from NamePros users trying to create some bitcoin domain marketplace? Or is something relevant up there?

•••
•••
Btw. is anybody from NamePros users trying to create some bitcoin domain marketplace? Or is something relevant up there?

There's plenty of platforms to pay with bitcoin, just add that within your auction payment T&C's.

•••
I admire you, Sham. You are such humane. If u plan to refund, you try contact the second highest bidder and I hope it is close to the final sales price. You should not loss money. You have put a lot of effort and time into it.
That buyer will loss the case even it is reopened. It could also be that the buyer could not resell the domain and thus giving absurd excuses.

•••
•••
•••
But Luckily i have video proof of domain transfer.

I like that 'Video proof' - how do you do that? Some software?

•••
•••
Similar request from a buyer happened to me in the past. I usually am opened to reverse a transaction but with some "rules".

1- The product must be returned to me first.
2- I refund the amount less any expenses paid that I won't be able to recover. Examples are (Listings fees, Ads to promoted product, etc).

Last and most important, I never ever do business with that person again.

•••
I like that 'Video proof' - how do you do that? Some software?
you can use any screen recorder software. To file a dispute on flippa video proof is necessary. its clearly mentioned in Flippa T&C.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back