IT.COM

question First Time Domain Seller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cjack01

Impact
Hello,

I have collected and own dozens of .com's for several years, and I feel it's time to try and sell them. I've been checking out the threads on NP, and also several other domain sites. As a first time seller I have a few noob questions, I really appreciate any feedback or tips that I don't touch on.

The .com's are owned through Godaddy, is it best to use their auctions or should I use another site? Should I be setting it up on auction at multiple domain sites, or is it better to just choose one? Could it be worth contacting a broker site like Sedo? If I sell them on my own, what are the best ways to let people know they are available?

Thanks to anyone who can take a couple minutes to help.

- C

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The .com's are owned through Godaddy, is it best to use their auctions or should I use another site?
Should I be setting it up on auction at multiple domain sites, or is it better to just choose one?

I would use all popular venues. GoDaddy premium listings, Afternic, Sedo, etc.

Could it be worth contacting a broker site like Sedo?

If they are high enough quality a broker is a good option. If they are more average domains a broker doesn't really make sense.

If I sell them on my own, what are the best ways to let people know they are available?

Well, you you either passively list them or you can contact potential buyers (end users).

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your advice Brad. Hope to have these up and running this week.

- C

•••
Hello,

I have collected and own dozens of .com's for several years, and I feel it's time to try and sell them. I've been checking out the threads on NP, and also several other domain sites. As a first time seller I have a few noob questions, I really appreciate any feedback or tips that I don't touch on.

The .com's are owned through Godaddy, is it best to use their auctions or should I use another site? Should I be setting it up on auction at multiple domain sites, or is it better to just choose one? Could it be worth contacting a broker site like Sedo? If I sell them on my own, what are the best ways to let people know they are available?

Thanks to anyone who can take a couple minutes to help.

- C
Well maybe post a few here for review, so you know what you are dealing with, the exchanges can only do so much, but unless the domains of are quality, it won't matter what exchange you use.

•••
A couple I am planning to put up are:

vacationflights.com
fashion4sale.com / fashionforsale.com
securityforhire.com
securityforsale.com / security4sale.com
thefinaldate.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back