IT.COM

1st time domain name seller

NameSilo
Watch
hi folks,

i've recently bought some very attractive .com's ....i've got some offers around low XXXX$---mid XXXX$. the problem is that .... this is the first time i'm selling a domain name. plz help me know abt the things to be taken care of.
plz tell me ur experiences. ill be really thankful to u guys to help me make a safe
transaction.

NP$....rewards for worthmaking points.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Moved to newbies, but in short, use escrow.com or sedo.com or moniker.com to act as an escrow for all transactions. Don't use PayPal. Never pay for appraisals. And ask here before doing anything risky (But don't post the domain names if you're in active negotiations; there is a good chance the other party is here also ;) ).
-Allan :gl:

•••
why should you not use Paypal? What should you use?

•••
If they ask you to get an appraisal from one of there sources do not do it.

Goto the scam part of the forum to read up on more information.

•••
Dwaltin said:
why should you not use Paypal? What should you use?
As Allan pointed-out, use services such as Escrow.com, Sedo.com, Afternic.com, Moniker.com, or simular services. Using PayPal is a definate no-no, unless you personally know or trust the buyer (and then, only for small transactions). These other services act as industry-trusted third-parties (are all well backed, been at it for years, and are used by domainers for even the most valuable domains). They won't pay you till domain transfered to buyer, and they won't tell you to trasnfer till they have buyer's money. Safer for both buyer and seller. PayPal will not generally get into the middle of a dispute if a buyer tried to cheat you out of yout money or if problems arise.

•••
thank u all .......
this is a greatforum!!!....thx

•••
coooldude said:
hi folks,

i've recently bought some very attractive .com's ....i've got some offers around low XXXX$---mid XXXX$. the problem is that .... this is the first time i'm selling a domain name. plz help me know abt the things to be taken care of.
plz tell me ur experiences. ill be really thankful to u guys to help me make a safe
transaction.

NP$....rewards for worthmaking points.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Brother, commenters worth listening to wont accept your NP$ for help in Newbie section, IMHO.
Good luck with your sales.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Brother, commenters worth listening to wont accept your NP$ for help in Newbie section, IMHO.
Good luck with your sales.

Peace,
Cyberian
Advice should always be that way. If folks expect to get paid for giving advice, they should open a consulting firm :imho: As a best friend of mine is so fond of quoting, "That's my story, and I'm sticking to it." ;)

Not to say my advice is always worth much :p Take it or leave it. It is what it is, personal advice and experience :) But, it is always freely givin :D What I do charge for, you seem sane enough (on the surface, atleast) not to need. And, if you needed it, you wouldn't usually be asking for it :yell:

Have more specific questions, just ask away....

Last edited:
•••
thx

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back