Domain Empire

First time seller

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxiboy

Established Member
Impact
Hey!

I bought some domains at Godaddy a few months ago. I have now listed all of them at Godaddy Network / Afternic.

Do you guys recomend to list them on Dan as well? I like Dan more beacuse you can see if you had any views there.

When i try to list them on Dan I get the message: "Unfortunately, this name is still listed by the previous owner. To add this domain, please verify your ownership"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey!

I bought some domains at Godaddy a few months ago. I have now listed all of them at Godaddy Network / Afternic.

Do you guys recomend to list them on Dan as well? I like Dan more beacuse you can see if you had any views there.

When i try to list them on Dan I get the message: "Unfortunately, this name is still listed by the previous owner. To add this domain, please verify your ownership"
Had the same issue you need to delete the old severs in the dhs settings and then change your name servers to ns1.com , ns2.com when I did this my views went from 2 a month to 124 in about 10 days. I’ve had no sales yet but getting views out there is a good start I think.

•••
Thank you Carlos,

Where did you buy your domains?

Did you list your Domains at Dan.com and Godaddy / afternic?

I had to delete the listning from Godaddy/Afternic and then post it on Dan.com. Now I can only find it on Dan.com when i Search but not on Godaddy/Afternic.

•••
yeah ive got them listed on dan.com, afternic and godaddy but to honest i get nothing from afternic or godaddy so much so im not even sure they are listed. it says they are but where theres no data to see if your getting views i couldnt even tell you if they work its annoying. im looking for a free tool to see if people are looking but nothing yet.
im saying free because i dont wont to spend more money when ive got little coming in.

•••
Hi

to give more exposure, add your names to sedo as well.

you might want to change nameservers to sedo and use ppc pages with ads, so you can get better idea of visitor stats, if any.
or if using afternic, try ppc with ads, instead of landers.

dan, doesn't have ppc pages.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I have good experience with sedo. Views count more than 100 in a single day for one of my domain

•••
Hi

to give more exposure, add your names to sedo as well.

you might want to change nameservers to sedo and use ppc pages with ads, so you can get better idea of visitor stats, if any.
or if using afternic, try ppc with ads, instead of landers.

dan, doesn't have ppc pages.

imo...
Dan sort of does. They still have those Bodis pages

•••
•••
I listed some on Dan now. It says I have 50 Monthly views from yesterday. However when I enter "My Domains" I only see 1 View under "Activity": I listed the domains yesterday.

•••
I listed some on Dan now. It says I have 50 Monthly views from yesterday. However when I enter "My Domains" I only see 1 View under "Activity": I listed the domains yesterday.
Did you try sedo?

•••
•••
I will try Sedo as well. Do I have to point the domains there? or how do i verify?
You have to update Sedo name servers in your domain registrar site.

•••
•••
I still cant list half of my domains on Dan which I bought on Godaddy.

I get this message:

"Unfortunatly, this name is still listed by the previous owener. To add this domain, please verify your ownership. Read more about this in the "ownership" section in your settings.

I have changed the name servers to ns1.com and ns2.com and still get the same message. Do you guys know what I need to do?

Once i listed them on Dan I will list them on Sedo as well.

•••
•••
I still cant list half of my domains on Dan which I bought on Godaddy.

I get this message:

"Unfortunatly, this name is still listed by the previous owener. To add this domain, please verify your ownership. Read more about this in the "ownership" section in your settings.

I have changed the name servers to ns1.com and ns2.com and still get the same message. Do you guys know what I need to do?

Once i listed them on Dan I will list them on Sedo as well.
Mate try this is it still works click into dns and don’t go to nameservers go to dns records and if it lets you see boxes which can clicked on click on the highlighted ones and then delete them as this is the old servers I think.

But If it don’t let you do that you might need to change the name servers back to GoDaddy recommended servers then go to the dns records delete them then after change name servers back again.

Basically by doing this your deleting the history of old sites and it should work fine. Let me know. If this makes sense.

•••
Mate try this is it still works click into dns and don’t go to nameservers go to dns records and if it lets you see boxes which can clicked on click on the highlighted ones and then delete them as this is the old servers I think.

But If it don’t let you do that you might need to change the name servers back to GoDaddy recommended servers then go to the dns records delete them then after change name servers back again.

Basically by doing this your deleting the history of old sites and it should work fine. Let me know. If this makes sense.
Sorry, but that's not true, and makes no sense. In this situation, you really have to verify your domain with either your personal 3rd verification nameserver, or personal verification txt record. The procedure for doing this at DAN is described in the link @Jannes gave above, see the DAN.com section in that posting.

Once you have successfully verified that you're in control of the domain (dns), the domain will be removed from the previous account and added to your account.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, but that's not true, and makes no sense. In this situation, you really have to verify your domain with either your personal 3rd verification nameserver, or personal verification txt record. The procedure for doing this at DAN is described in the link @Jannes gave above, see the DAN.com section in that posting.

Once you have successfully verified that you're in control of the domain (dns), the domain will be removed from the previous account and added to your account.
I might not be right but just saying what I did and it worked for me.

•••
  1. You need to change your Nameservers to the default ones **at your registrar**.
  2. Then you need to at that registrar set the DNS Records for TXT records to the value you will find for your personal ownership verification TXT in the Settings section of your Dan account.
  3. Then try add the names at Dan and they should verify this time.
  4. Once the name is verified, you can go back to your registrar and set the nameserver records to whatever lander you prefer, e.g. ns1.dan.com, ns2.dan.com for Dan.
If you are planning to list multiple places (e.g. Afternic, Dan, Sedo, SH-standard) you can set all the TXT records at once, and then add them to all the marketplaces. Once they have verified everywhere, you are free to change the nameservers.

Some registrars make this process easy. For example at Dynadot I have it set so that each new name gets all 4 TXT records set without me doing anything, so I can go right to adding the names at the marketplaces. You can also define the package of 4 TXT records at a number of other registrars.

If listing at multiple marketplaces, some suggest using BIN at one, and Make Offer at the others to prevent simultaneous purchases.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
You made a typo here. The correct nameservers for DAN are ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com.

•••
If you are planning to list multiple places (e.g. Afternic, Dan, Sedo, SH-standard) you can set all the TXT records at once, and then add them to all the marketplaces. Once they have verified everywhere, you are free to change the nameservers.
Correct, and I highly recommend this method as well.

A small addition to this. The order in which you add domains to marketplaces is increasingly important these days. For example, if you have separate accounts with DAN and Afternic and want to upload separately to these marketplaces, it is wise to first upload your domains to Afternic. If you upload them to DAN first, DAN will immediately try to synchronize with Afternic, after which you will have to solve the 'duplicate domains' problem at Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
A small addition to this. The order in which you add domains to marketplaces is increasingly important these days. For example, if you have separate accounts with DAN and Afternic and want to upload separately to these marketplaces, it is wise to first upload your domains to Afternic. If you upload them to DAN first, DAN will immediately try to synchronize with Afternic
Thanks for the addition @Future Sensors and I totally agree. I prefer to keep my Afternic and Dan separate, and I do them in the order you suggest, Afternic, then Dan (and Sedo, SH, etc.).

•••
•••
  1. You need to change your Nameservers to the default ones **at your registrar**.
  2. Then you need to at that registrar set the DNS Records for TXT records to the value you will find for your personal ownership verification TXT in the Settings section of your Dan account.
  3. Then try add the names at Dan and they should verify this time.
  4. Once the name is verified, you can go back to your registrar and set the nameserver records to whatever lander you prefer, e.g. ns1.dan.com, ns2.dan.com for Dan.

Some registrars make this process easy. For example at Dynadot I have it set so that each new name gets all 4 TXT records set without me doing anything, so I can go right to adding the names at the marketplaces. You can also define the package of 4 TXT records at a number of other registrars.

If listing at multiple marketplaces, some suggest using BIN at one, and Make Offer at the others to prevent simultaneous purchases.

-Bob
What do I put where it says "Name" and TTL?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back