Dynadot

sales First sale after 2 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Siclilmonkey

Established Member
Impact
Hi all, i just though i would share news of my very first sale 🙂
Very casually domaining for about 2 years, sold a $10 hand reg, advertised for $499 and took an offer of $250, didn't bother with a counter as im happy with the profit.

Plenty of tips picked up from these forums

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

Congrats on your sale!

Considering your investment, that's a very good return.

imo...

•••
Congratulations 🎊 and more sales to you.

•••
Thanks Biggie, yeah that's what i figured so just accepted so as not to lose the sale.
Now, how best to get another with $250

•••
Congrats Siclilmonkey. It's always great to get that first sale -- especially after a two-year wait!

•••
Congrats Siclilmonkey. It's always great to get that first sale -- especially after a two-year wait!
Thanks, yes it was a long wait, I dont really do any outbound but may start, although I only have a handful of domains, this one sale has stoked my interest again.

•••
very good sale & excellent begin for you, I'm still no sale now

may you share the name? to end user or other investor?

•••
very good sale & excellent begin for you, I'm still no sale now

may you share the name? to end user or other investor?
Hi, It was to an end user via Dan.com

•••
•••
Congrats my friend...
Read Namepros daily you will improve day by day.

Stay Safe
Thank You
Regards

•••
•••
Congratulations on your first sale...now you are hooked!

•••
nice one - That's what I like to hear. A small (hobby type) portfolio. No pie in the sky expectations. Recognize when a good deal and profit margin is exactly the outcome to aim for. Long may you prosper

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congratulations @Siclilmonkey nice ratio price/costs on that one domain name, and agree with not get greedy price wise and get that first sale done. Best wishes for continued success, and thanks for sharing.
Bob

•••
Cheers for the Thanks all.

I just hand regd a very similar name to the one I sold, not sure if I'm expecting too much but I'm eager to get on 😃
Does anyone have any thoughts on registering associated twitter/facebook and Instagram names?
All are available, would be a little work to reg and transfer (hopefully) but might help a sale or should i forget it and let the end user deal with that?

Again, thanks for the positive comments

•••
•••
As others have said, congratulations. :)

•••
•••
•••
@Siclilmonkey Great Job!! I recently started domaining and keep on checking all my marketplace where I have listed my domains for bids(even though I have not got one yet). Your sales made me understand that domain sales can take even years. Consistent learning and patients are important. Thanks for the lesson!! congrats!!

•••
Congratulations, wishing you more sales. (y)

•••
•••
@Siclilmonkey Great Job!! I recently started domaining and keep on checking all my marketplace where I have listed my domains for bids(even though I have not got one yet). Your sales made me understand that domain sales can take even years. Consistent learning and patients are important. Thanks for the lesson!! congrats!!
Hi, yes, you would have to have a great domain to see quick results, as a beginner i read these forums for guidence.

•••
•••
Back