IT.COM

.com Got my first sale after 10 months

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DeeJay23

Established Member
Impact
I started reading about domaining last August 2017 and finally did some handregs on September 2017. Today, after 10mos, I finally got my first ever sale! A hand-regged I made last Oct. 2017 about coin related domain (coin****.com). 100% profit is not bad. After all, I read that as beginners, we should not be picky about the price. A profit is still a profit. I am just ecstatic at the moment to have finally my first sale! As what I did from the profit I gained, I hand-reg another domain name that I believe will be my big shot, it is TRADINGMIRROR.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started domaining same time you did, & just before Christmas I sold a new gtld "Files Dot Email" for $650 10 days after I bought it at NameSilo expired auction for 16 bucks. & I though it would be silly to mention it.

now you are reporting a $30 sale in its own thread.

people are so different.

note there is a thread where you can report your sales. https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/

but, congrats anyway..

•••
Why do you believe tradingmirror.com will be a big sale?

HeHe.... well if you looks at the OP's opening post he his happy with his first sale. So what an experienced domainer and the o.p. call a big sale could be two totally different concepts. :xf.smile:

•••
hmmm... my latest sale had a 10,244.83% ROI
I suggest you stop leaving money on the table

The renewals add up quickly and you won't get that many sales. Typically you get between 1% (average portfolio) to 5% (really good names) sales from your portofolio each year and those sales have to cover the renewals and, if you want to move forward, portfolio expansion.

Last edited:
•••
I started reading about domaining last August 2017 and finally did some handregs on September 2017. Today, after 10mos, I finally got my first ever sale! A hand-regged I made last Oct. 2017 about coin related domain (coin****.com). 100% profit is not bad. After all, I read that as beginners, we should not be picky about the price. A profit is still a profit. I am just ecstatic at the moment to have finally my first sale! As what I did from the profit I gained, I hand-reg another domain name that I believe will be my big shot, it is TRADINGMIRROR.com

Well done Dee Jay, I'm still waiting for my first sale :)

•••
@DeeJay23 what is profit?

Have you signed an NDA for the sale? If no then let's share with us.

For me profit means to something like this.

Filecoinminers dot com

Hand reg for $3

Sold after 8 month for $588 via undeveloped

Show attachment 93656

Otherwise your thread is useless and nothing but a personal publicity.

Hi Furqua
Would you mind telling us where you sold your "Sold after 8 month for $588 via undeveloped" domain name? I am a fairly new domainer so I would appreciate any tips you could pass on to the rest of us.

•••
•••
Hi Furqua
Would you mind telling us where you sold your "Sold after 8 month for $588 via undeveloped" domain name? I am a fairly new domainer so I would appreciate any tips you could pass on to the rest of us.

He sold it at Undeveloped.com landing page.

•••
HeHe.... well if you looks at the OP's opening post he his happy with his first sale. So what an experienced domainer and the o.p. call a big sale could be two totally different concepts. :xf.smile:
exactly! I'm just after my first sale to let me feel that this is real. And I actually sold it to a fellow domainer and could not raise the price up for an end-user pricing. No worries guys, that's the only time I'll be selling a domain that low. It won't happen again. After all, I'm also after the huge profits that domaining brings.

P.S. mods,please delete this thread if this is inappropriate for this category.

•••
Nice, all sales count. Don't worry about selling to "fellow domainers" ... many of these "fellow domainers" may be very good web developers, as the lines cross over more and more with time.

•••
•••
Congratulations and good luck

•••
I wish to quote OP's post from this list as well:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/10-tips-for-domain-beginners.871083/

"7. When first starting out, focus on flipping domains and not 'holding' them. Flipping means you acquire something and sell it asap for more than what you paid no matter how much more it is and grow from there. 'Holding' is acquiring a domain name and waiting for a much larger offer. Being new, you probably won't have a sense of what will attract that big offer so you may only have domains that can be sold for 1, 2, or 3x's what you paid for it to fellow and more experienced domainers. Once you start learning what consistently sells to other domainers for smaller profits, you'll begin learning what you should be holding onto yourself."

•••
Congratulations
Ooh, ooh, ooh

•••
Congratulations man!! I hope to join you with my first sale(y)

•••
Congrats. Its a good start. However, you need to do the math that if you handregister 20 domains for 10$ and sell only 3 for 30$, you have $110 in losses.

•••
Congrats. Its a good start. However, you need to do the math that if you handregister 20 domains for 10$ and sell only 3 for 30$, you have $110 in losses.
Yes. I get that angle as well. As of now, I only have 10 or so domains and I make sure that I won't find it hard to handle the renewals.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Handregged @$10 f memory serves me right and sold @$30. But, yeah, personal publicity as well since a lot of beginners lose faith and stopped domaining.
Awesome job!(y) Forget about the naysayers and people saying that you "didn't make a profit". Alot of people on here are still in debt from domaining and you made a profit. Cheers to you, there's more to come! They told Jeff Bezos to get a job back in the day but he kept with it and now he's on top. Enjoy it, you earned it! Forget the haters, keep doing your thing! (y)

Domaineer1
(y)

•••
Awesome job!(y) Forget about the naysayers and people saying that you "didn't make a profit". Alot of people on here are still in debt from domaining and you made a profit. Cheers to you, there's more to come! They told Jeff Bezos to get a job back in the day but he kept with it and now he's on top. Enjoy it, you earned it! Forget the haters, keep doing your thing! (y)

Domaineer1
(y)
Thank you man!

•••
Congratulation !!! and I am also a new in this business. I am waiting for my first sell :)

•••
•••
I wish to quote OP's post from this list as well:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/10-tips-for-domain-beginners.871083/

"7. When first starting out, focus on flipping domains and not 'holding' them. Flipping means you acquire something and sell it asap for more than what you paid no matter how much more it is and grow from there. 'Holding' is acquiring a domain name and waiting for a much larger offer. Being new, you probably won't have a sense of what will attract that big offer so you may only have domains that can be sold for 1, 2, or 3x's what you paid for it to fellow and more experienced domainers. Once you start learning what consistently sells to other domainers for smaller profits, you'll begin learning what you should be holding onto yourself."

This number 7 reads to me as give your domains to other domainers at almost cost— because —well you don’t know any better yet. Not really sound advice. I am kinda shocked you started a thread over a $20 profit to be honest. If I only made $20 in a year I would know I was doing something wrong.

Other domainers will try to get your good names for as cheap as they can. Don’t let them —should be Number 7.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back