new gtlds First new gTLD deleted from the net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SHINOJ G.S

Established Member
Impact
First new gTLD deleted from the net
http://domainincite.com/20055-first-new-gtld-deleted-from-the-net

.doosan became the first new gTLD to be removed from the domain name system.

It’s no longer showing up in the DNS root zone file, and IANA’s record lists it as “retired”.

.doosan was a dot-brand managed by Korean conglomerate Doosan Group. The company never did anything with it before deciding to kill the TLD off last September.

A month ago, ICANN used the pending deletion to test its Emergency Back-End Registry Operator safety net.

If memory serves, it’s the only gTLD to be ever be removed from the root zone, excluding test internationalized TLDs previously operated by ICANN.

ccTLDs are removed somewhat regularly, when international borders are redrawn.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Didn't even know it existed ........ Rip .Doosan

•••
I'm gutted just invested heavily in thousands of LLLL.doosan chips was about to pump and dump on all the major blogs ;)

•••
Well, at least .Doosan will be remembered as first at something differing from hundreds of new gtlds ))

•••
Well, at least .Doosan will be remembered as first at something differing from hundreds of new gtlds ))

Maybe it was a 'planned thing' (marketing) from the beginning on to generate attention?
Who knowwws ;)

•••
I know you wouldn't buy anything in doosan, because you can't have 63 letter string there built with "doosan"s only )

•••
I know you wouldn't buy anything in doosan, because you can't have 63 letter string there built with "doosan"s only )
haha who knows - I also own a lot of 60 character domain names - so 10 times 'doosan' would have been a great .doosan domain ;)
All the best to .doosan at this point.

•••
Google translate says Doosan = "Oh oh three". Could have competed with .xxx )))

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back