Domain Empire

information First month in domaining. My experience: 7 sales, sh*t handregs, website built.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Ive been in domain for the whole month of July first. Some bullet points. I know I have A LOT to learn! Its been intense. But the community have been awesome!

• Embarrassed by my first week of handregs.
• Sold 7 domains. No higher than $130.
• Said no to a low xxxx.
• Built a website (that is going to be developed more, hence the poll today. Thanks for input).
• Bought and Flipped two LLLL.com
• Sold one name on DomainLore-auction.
• Had Guta.com interested to keep an eye out for buyers of my TheAutoDriver.com. (Extreme longshot)
• Handregged 75 names. Need to try and trim at least half of those.

These are the domains sold (like I said, for next to nothing)

LutQ/ com
xIVF/ com
LibraTra/ de
TokenTra/ de
CryptoTra/ de
Tokentic/ com
Coinslot/ uk

Its been a wild month. Have had vacation so the time has been available. But start my day-job on wednesday. But it was a good ”BootCamp”. Thanks ALL for you help and input!

Best Regards

/Johan

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great work Johan,

You are doing better than me on the sales side, I am in my first month too! I think I may just be addicted to collecting domains, I want them all:dead:! luckily my day job can sustain the addiction for the moment. I too am 3-4 weeks in and the only thing that I think I might be getting right is the website. I used www.EFTY.com for the free trial period but like it so much I signed up for the $6 version. Anyway it allowed me to create this www.TheWebBrokers.com I still have more plans to improve it a bit more but I need to shift my focus to sales side for a bit.

I also created some logos took about 5 minutes each well worth it. Now the best thing about the site and Efty is it allows google analytics so I can see how many visits or interest each of my domains gets. I then re arrange the order they appear on my site based on that. I have the site live for about 4-5 days and analytics running for the last 3 days. I can see I have had over 600 unique visitors in those 3 days and 20% of them click on at least one of my domains. I think they do it due to the logos I have made not so much the name. For example www.CatShipping.com seems to be popular. Most of the traffic is accidental due to the domains being redirected there but it is still nice to see which ones are popular and grab peoples attention when they do happen upon my site. I would highly recommend using google analytics and it seems to be free they haven't asked me for money yet!

I am gathering together a list of all the mistakes, tools and tips that I have but until I make some good sales I wont bother sharing it because it would be like the blind leading the blind. I have received some great advice from some of the generous experienced domainers on this site and hopefully I can follow it up with some results. Anyway best of luck!

Wow, awesome post! You seem like you are learning alot also! Hit me up on PM if you want to discuss stuff newbie-newbie 😂.

/Johan

•••
Hi, and congrats on your first months' sales! I think any sales-profits in the first month is great.

You say $130 sales is "next to nothing", but I think there is a place for low-ticket, frequent sales. I would be quite happy with 20 sales of $100 domains earning me $2000 per month. In fact, I am going for $100-500 domains, on purpose, to start with.

Anyways, wish you the best with your future domain sales.

Thank you!
It is a good point!
Wonder whats more time consuming. Selling 20 one hundos or 1 big sale efter a lot of outbounding...

Im happy for everything now though 😁

•••
Well done on the sales. Makes me wonder why you would sell so low.
For me a great sale is better than a low one. You had one domain that I checked out and was interested in but I thought you would have sold it for much more.

I have rejected 4 high $$$$ offers and quite a few $ and $$ offers. A sad part of having a form on the sale pages is dealing with all the $3 offers etc.

Anyway it's easy to sell low but I am not in this to flip a few pennies.

HODL.

•••
Well done on the sales. Makes me wonder why you would sell so low.
For me a great sale is better than a low one. You had one domain that I checked out and was interested in but I thought you would have sold it for much more.

I have rejected 4 high $$$$ offers and quite a few $ and $$ offers. A sad part of having a form on the sale pages is dealing with all the $3 offers etc.

Anyway it's easy to sell low but I am not in this to flip a few pennies.

HODL.

I hear you! Right now Im interested in learning the buy/sell technicalities. As I get more experienced my patience will get better. But now its much about networking, get some good reviews and show that Im serious.

The big sales can come at a later point.

If you dont mind me asking, what domain where you interested in?

•••
Hey sorry for the late reply, yeah I just use one of the quick logo makers that is online there are loads of them and some give you a free low res version for demo purpose, I then use a couple of handy tools to quickly resize and make them transparent png's if that is what I need to do. It really does take only 5 minutes. I will post full guide when I get a chance. In the mean time the next 2/3 people that PM me their website name I will make the logo for them when I get "5 min" to spare :dead: You wont be able to sell the logo as part of your domain however as the quick logo making sites do not allow that unless you pay but if they really want it I am sure the few extra dollars wont bother them or they can just design their own similar one.

I also have another tool that makes things more efficient I just added it to my site so you all can use it too, maybe you have one already but I had to look for it and did not know it existed. Basically it makes it easy for you to post tables in your Direct messages.

I found at first when I was offering sites for sale it got messy with this tool you basically copy your table directly from excel or whatever spreadsheet tool you use into the tool on my site and then copy the outputted BB code and post it in your message see example below and link to the tool here https://www.thewebbrokers.com/cus/1/easy-table-coder-/

DomainPriceexpiry date
This0-
tool0-
makes 0-
posting0-
tables0-
easy0-
find it on0-
www.TheWebBrokers.com;)-

direct link to table maker here at https://www.thewebbrokers.com/cus/1/easy-table-coder-/

Test sandbox for namepros is here so you can practice

I will post more info on the 5 minute logo's when I get more time

Gluk

phelo1

Wow, much information! Have to take some time and try things out going forward. Really cool man! Appreciate it!

•••
Nice work. Just wondering which auctions you used on sedo? 39 EUR/month homepage showcase auctions or 9 EUR/ month category showcase or free "make offer" auction? Also how much offer views/sales did that give you? Thanks for the insight.

I'm also a new domainer with a similar strategy and planning to pay for some sedo auctions as the homepage auction claims "Reach more than 10,000 potential buyers every day".

(y)

•••
Wow! 7 sales in your first month, I'd say that's impressive. I just found out about domain flipping since I got this marketing job and hopefully, I can also get some sales done. Any tips for a total newbie like me? probably where best to post or buy/sell domains?:xf.frown:

- Annie

•••
Since Domainking did 33 hand reg sales in 10 years from portfolio your off to a good start just need much shorter and ask for a lot more.

Yeah, that is true. Im working on it! Thanks!

•••
Got AIVR.io approved on Squadhelp for $7499.
That is a nice price for an .io on their platform I think, congratulations.
Got 4ir.org on an expired domain.
Wow, even as mixed mode surprised someone let that short .org drop. As well as 4th Industrial Revolution (would be great for a reference site) it also works well with some kind of infrared thermal imaging service or sales as IR is that abbreviation and while 4 not popular in China it is widely used abbreviation in western cultures.
Been on a .cx domain spending spree registering 18 domains
Want to share some of your expertise re .cx Christmas Island. I mean as a thinly registered TLD see that you can get some great words, which you have, as hand reg. Do you see more than that? Like is there an abbreviation meaning, in the way that gg is global gaming, io is input output, ai is artificial intelligence, etc. that I am missing? I see that renewal is not too bad at NameSilo and NameCheap, especially for a low registration number country.

Thanks for taking us along on your domain journey!

Bob

•••
•••
Wow now that I see it as customer experience those are awesome names. I particularly like lean. Thank you so much for your explanation, so I have now learned something new today! :xf.smile:

Thanks again for the explanation.

Bob

PS Actually it is the second thing I learned in domaining today. Somehow I never learned of this link to quickly find at a glance how many TLDs for any word: https://dotdb.com but learned it in a request thread from @YourBestTrader

And I learned from @Bob Hawkes about the search tool dofo.com

We should start a thread where everyone shares a full list of all their favorite domaining tools, websites, and resources.

EDIT: I just started a thread like that HERE

Last edited:
•••
Such sales in a month of starting, building a website suggests you may have acquired some info before starting. Whichever way, nice one.
namepros.com. :xf.wink:

•••
@Dosebuy - I think your choice of getting experience selling and transferring domain names will greatly help you become a better domainer faster. Thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!

Thanks alot @Kpett! I hope so 😁

•••
How good was the calibre did you just roll over because you were asked 7 closed is ok you can close now can you retain margin. What could you do with something decent?

Sorry I dont understand this.
I dont think I can close now since the person that made the offer has gone quite.

•••
•••
Great work Johan,

I also created some logos took about 5 minutes each well worth it.

I have to say, I'm also impressed by your 5-minute logo designs. Do you have like, mad graphic design skills, or is there a "5-minute logo design" tool that I don't know about? ;)

•••
Great start @Dosebuy. Keep it rolling. Selling is not easy looks you have that ability. With time and experience, you will rock for sure.

Buying sellable assets is key. Once you master the art you will be unstoppable.

A few years ago I sold a domain for 3K. The next owner sold it for 12K in less than 6 months. The costly lesson I learnt is to have patience and hold the right things for a longer time. If you are in a hurry, we may miss the gold.

Keep it up.

Wow, Im speechless. Thank you for your trust in me, haha. I will be suprised if I live up to the expactation.
Greatly appreciate the kind words though.

Thanks about the good tip and importance of patience. You seldon hear about those ”failures” (not that a 3k sell is a failure in anyway imo).

•••
I have to say, I'm also impressed by your 5-minute logo designs. Do you have like, mad graphic design skills, or is there a "5-minute logo design" tool that I don't know about? ;)

Yeah, those 5 minutes logos are insanely good. I could never pull that off! Good job!

•••
Hello again.

Thought I share how my second and a half month have been going in domaining. If anyone cares and if there are people out there navigating through the jungle in the same way, here goes nothing.

• Havent bought anymore LLLL but started picking up names on Dropcatch. Flipped one name in three hours from a $24 dollar catch to a $100 dollar sale.
• Got 4ir.org on an expired domain. I value that one the highest. If you havent read up on 4ir I understand you think its worthless.
• Been on a .cx domain spending spree registering 18 domains.
• Sold Herbs.cx to Herbs.com for $300 getting the renewals fixed for my .cx.
• Being made fun of on Morgan Lintons blog

https://morganlinton.com/this-guy-is-hand-registering-a-bunch-of-cx-domains/

Having people continue hating on me in the follow up ”Im sorry” post the day after.

https://morganlinton.com/did-i-go-too-far-in-my-blog-post-yesterday-i-think-i-might-have/

• Sold 18 domains in total.

• Own 212 domains.

• Regged alot of sh*t drunk.

• Regged even more sh*t sober.

• Got AIVR.io approved on Squadhelp for $7499. After my first submission JoyRod.com was neglected.

• Been having tons of fun on Daryl Lopes telegram chat (pm for link).

Thats about it. Thanks to all you people in especially this site and in the group for showing me the ropes.

Have a good one.

/Dose

Wow that’s crazy. How long did it take you to sell herbs.cx? And I’m guessing it was outbound?

•••
CX and IO are both interesting plays. I've never done SEO on either do they still crawl decently or is the goal finding names compelling enough to appeal to a corporate third party regardless of any SEO limitations?

•••
Wow. How do you use LinkedIn? Like do you message people? Search for companies? etc

Hello. Yeah, last month was good less sucess this month 😂.

LinkedIn is good for initial contact. Just add a message with your request. If they answer follow up with a nice message to check their interest. Often have problem with the follow up. But at least I get lots of responses. Much more than via mail.

However, it takes time and sucess rate is low. Will try to perfect my follow up a little 😂. But sold one $1200 and one $800 via LinkedIn though. So its not a complete waste of time 😂

•••
That's really nice to hear. It's still is a good start! Maybe partly because the InMail isn't as bombarded with daily mails so it's easier to see when someone sends you a message and professionals are more active there. Btw, do you use LinkedIn Premium? Or do you think a connection request + message using a regular LinkedIn account can also work?

Hello, I only use request + Message.
Weirdly I have found that more effective!

Often they dont read the attached message so you HAVE to follow up.

•••
•••
•••
Update:

3.5 months into the game.

Bullet points:

• Sold for $3500

• Renewals is $2600 come July .

• LinkedIn is the biggest venue for me.

• Highest sale is $1200

• Most expensive domain: RainbowHemp.com $399

• cheapest sale: CryptoTra///de $30

Awesome! What is your linkedin strategy?

Connect & straight up pitch the domain via inbox?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back