Dynadot

.app First Domain Sale - hosts/app - $2,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tokenism

Impact
As a new trader in domain filed, this is my first trade.

Registered on GoDaddy
Sold on Sedo

with 15% Sedo service fee , tooooo much for me....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Big congrats! :)

I personally wouldn't have thought that there would have been a demand for the plural of Host in .app .. but I'm happy for you that I've been proven wrong! lol

Good luck with the rest of your .app's! :)

•••
•••
host.app is great.
the plural just hardly make any sense to me

if you got paid, then enjoy the roi.

•••
I disagree (respectfully!) re plural views expressed. It seems to me that the plural is a great option if the app, for example, was going to be a clearing house for things like exchanges and host families. To me the singular would sound awkward for that. I realize it is arguable though. On Google search results the plural has just over 2 billion results and singular 3.6 billion, not that different.

ps I see that the sale already shows up on NameBio, so supposedly all complete.

pps The plural hosts in .com sold for $100,000 about a year ago

Last edited:
•••
Congo bro,

Nice sale, wish you more to come

•••
As a new trader in domain filed, this is my first trade.

Registered on GoDaddy
Sold on Sedo

with 15% Sedo service fee , tooooo much for me....
I am not sure why this industry continues to have very high commissions compared to more traditional industries such as real estate which require open houses, signs, marketing materials, and more direct contact. Some people are charging even 30-35% even so. Sedo used to be 10% back in the day, which should be a norm across the industry.

•••
Congratulations for the sale....what was the time period for the sale?

•••
I am not sure why this industry continues to have very high commissions compared to more traditional industries such as real estate which require open houses, signs, marketing materials, and more direct contact. Some people are charging even 30-35% even so. Sedo used to be 10% back in the day, which should be a norm across the industry.

yeah true

well.. if your buyer does BIN.. and finds the name through sedo sale lander redirect .. then its still 10% today :) I just noticed it when someone did 5k bin on a sedo lander redirect I had recently.. 4500$ net is not bad... unfortunately, that ended up unpaid in the end! :)

other then this.. u can go to undeveloped for 9% all day long rate
or 5% if you import your lead into undeveloped

Last edited:
•••
I disagree (respectfully!) re plural views expressed. It seems to me that the plural is a great option if the app, for example, was going to be a clearing house for things like exchanges and host families. To me the singular would sound awkward for that. I realize it is arguable though. On Google search results the plural has just over 2 billion results and singular 3.6 billion, not that different.

ps I see that the sale already shows up on NameBio, so supposedly all complete.

pps The plural hosts in .com sold for $100,000 about a year ago

lol this is true
hosts can have that meaning too
makes more sense

not sure if sedo goes to namebio before or after payment.. I guess after.. there are some markets which go to namebio even b4 payment I think too?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Congrats ! (y)
Awesome ROI

What was the hold time ?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back