First UDRP Filed Against .App Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
First UDRP Filed Against .App Domain Name

https://domaininvesting.com/first-udrp-filed-against-app-domain-name/

The company that filed the UDRP, Roofoods, operates a fairly well known online food delivery platform called Deliveroo. The website operates on Deliveroo.co.uk, but it also owns the matching .com domain name as well as a wide swath of ccTLD domain names. Deliveroo operates in the UK and Europe, and I do not believe it operates in the US. The company has raised nearly $900 million in funding since it was founded

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Why the h*ck are you registering this name, if you're not the company??!

But I should not be THAT surprised. When some of my friends ask me about domaining, they get surprised that my focus isn't on registering company names.

•••
Why the h*ck are you registering this name, if you're not the company??!

But I should not be THAT surprised. When some of my friends ask me about domaining, they get surprised that my focus isn't on registering company names.

Hell of a gamble.... the guy knows they need the app domain.

It would be sooooo interesting to see the domain get transferred and Deliveroo saves the massive registration fee.

Deliveroo is a trademark.... plain and simple, the guy is an idiot to waste the money.

•••
Wonder how much he paid? Which he will surely be losing soon.

•••
Wonder how much he paid? Which he will surely be losing soon.
It looks like they are looking to lose close to $4,000 by rough estimates based on EAP costs.

•••
It looks like they are looking to lose close to $4,000 by rough estimates based on EAP costs.

Which then makes it even more insane...

•••
They deserve to lose the 4k for stupidity. Deliveroo are big over here. I work in London and see hundreds of their delivery drivers every day. They're like the Uber of the food world lol. Good idea too I think.

•••
I've got a feeling that this might happen with discord.app too.

•••
The domain Deliveroo.App redirects now to Deliveroo.co.uk , I think the owner is aware of his mistake :)

•••
The domain Deliveroo.App redirects now to Deliveroo.co.uk , I think the owner is aware of his mistake :)
I'm not sure it does mate.

•••
I’m sure it does, except if the domain behaviour is not the same depending on the country IP.
I am in France

•••
I’m sure it does, except if the domain behaviour is not the same depending on the country IP.
I am in France
Seems unlikely when it has domaincontrol.com as the nameservers, they're the default Godaddy ones.

•••
yrs, but he can redirect the domain to an intermediary page that check the Ip,
I am speaking about an URL redirection

•••
Last edited:
•••
I see deliveroo.london is just fine :)

•••
Using http://redirectdetective.com/ :
104361_d2ced961e93b60731e1270f8826cee97.jpg

So I think for European IPs, it redirects to Deliveroo.co.uk :-D

•••
Using http://redirectdetective.com/ :
104361_d2ced961e93b60731e1270f8826cee97.jpg

So I think for European IPs, it redirects to Deliveroo.co.uk :-D

Wow you're right, I know why I wasn't seeing that now, it's because I assumed HTTPS because .APP is supposed to use that by default, but yes seemingly the HTTP does redirect to Deliveroo.com.

In light of that revelation, that is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Either they're cooperating with them and have redirected it out of the goodness of their heart, or they thought it would be a good idea to redirect it from the beginning. Very strange behaviour.

Last edited:
•••
Yep, If somebody was stupid enough to register the domain. You can bet they are also stupid enough to set-up the redirect in the hope of seeing substantial traffic in order to TRY and justify a selling price.

too much money and absolutely no common sense. Probably why the UDRP has been filed as well

Last edited:
•••
Around $4,000 for a trademarked name that is also a brand creation word.

How much did this person think they could even make out of this?

Absolutely Crazy, check out these registration dates.

Deliveroo.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-02T16:00:00Z

Food.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-02T17:58:28Z
Delivery.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-03T23:45:26Z
Deliver.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-04T16:00:06Z
FastFood.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-05T16:26:36Z

This person must of bought more trademarked terms instead of just invested in high value words.

•••
Around $4,000 for a trademarked name that is also a brand creation word.

How much did this person think they could even make out of this?

Absolutely Crazy, check out these registration dates.

Deliveroo.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-02T16:00:00Z

Food.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-02T17:58:28Z
Delivery.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-03T23:45:26Z
Deliver.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-04T16:00:06Z
FastFood.app - Creation Date: 2018-05-05T16:26:36Z

This person must of bought more trademarked terms instead of just invested in high value words.
You forgot about premium renewal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back