IT.COM

question Horse.Horse for $2,000..What??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just saw the sale of Horse.Horse reported on Sedo domain sales this week for $2,000.
Why would someone spend $2,000 on such a name? Unable to figure out this sale!!

Can somebody explain??

The explanation may be fruitful in thinking from other's point of view. Maybe I am missing something when it comes to new gTLDs!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@doubleU Do not read me.
From now, I do not read you. Do the same ;)

Last edited:
•••
@doubleU Do not read me.
From now, I do not read you. Do the same ;)
I don't take orders from members here !

I have been here a long time and lately I find newbies going of topic a lot, its most annoying when you put a lot of effort into a post only to find it derailed by the rants of several members.

The community has a good spirit here so it's not like we want you to shut-up we just want you to join us and stay on topic.

There are 'Rules' here and 'Report' options to call on if my kind request is not adhered to, thanks.

The namePros community, I'm sure would agree with me !

Last edited:
•••
I don't take orders from members here !

I have been here a long time and lately I find newbies going of topic a lot, its most annoying when you put a lot of effort into a post only to find it derailed by the rants of several members.

The community has a good spirit here so it's not like we want you to shut-up we just want you to join us and stay on topic.

There are 'Rules' here and 'Report' options to call on if my kind request is not adhered to, thanks.

The namePros community, I'm sure would agree with me !
@doubleU
From now, I do not read you.

;)

•••
•••
•••
I wonder how much the renewal for this domain is..

•••
Another matching keyword, Beer.Beer sales for 2K per DN Journal.

I would have been looking for more if it was mine but it wasn't. :)

•••
I have been trying to sell camera.camera directly to the owners of other <tld>.<tld> domains. So far a couple of offers, but nothing in the the range I'm looking for.

•••
How many actual registrations did the finders of this tld expect would be made? Seems like the paperwork would be more effort than it's worth.

I don't know, maybe with a strong marketing campaign they could get breeders to start attaching a url to their horses' name. I guess they could pile up to some small extent.

•••
Nice price for such a domain.

•••
CreditCredit.com is unique.

I don't understand Horse.Horse either - how about HorseHor.se then.

The other problem is that people expect a domain name to end in a tld - often .com, so there is a danger that surfers will type in HorseHorse.com to conform to their ideas of domain names.

•••
•••
•••
•••
$2000 is very cheap: very good buy and very bad sale.
Horse business is huge and Horse.Horse is an extremely memorable domain name: no one can forget a domain like this...

and that's just it try forgetting horse.horse

Google search engine will read it as horse horse but ultimately horse

but great for type in traffic
eg if people are typing in
horse manure
or
horse racing
or
Horseriding lessons

etc

a person typing in any of the above will have typed in the complete website address of horse.horse
and alphabetical index etc horse.horse will appear above the above listings etc

the horse domain will earn its owner a fortune no doubt and save a few quid in SEO

•••
•••
•••
For many of the discussed reasons i regged

insure.horse

Best get started with the outbounds to equine insurance industry

DD

Last edited:
•••
horse.horse

has a symmetry the human brain likes to seek out

DD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back