Dynadot

question Horse.Horse for $2,000..What??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just saw the sale of Horse.Horse reported on Sedo domain sales this week for $2,000.
Why would someone spend $2,000 on such a name? Unable to figure out this sale!!

Can somebody explain??

The explanation may be fruitful in thinking from other's point of view. Maybe I am missing something when it comes to new gTLDs!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
all word.word names are taken.
And nearly all maximum possible number of word.word too.
Those domains are called 63.DOMAINS and they gain in worth.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Absolute rubbish ,,,,,,, Prove these names gain in value, stop deceiving new domainers with your spam

•••
Absolute rubbish ,,,,,,, Prove these names gain in value, stop deceiving new domainers with your spam
Absolute rubbish.
Already the existence (of 63.DOMAINS) is the prove that they have (great) value* (and value growwws with time) - so stop deceiving new domainers with your pessimistic view and spam against me / my awwwsome domains.

*if this would not be the case, you can be sure that (especially) those kind of domains would not have been created / registered

horse.horse
is a great domain, my congrats to the creator, seller, buyer.

But
horsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorse.horse
is a greater domain, maybe I will register it, it contains the highest possible number (12 times) of horse at the left side of the dot.

Everything has a beginning, same with 63.DOMAINS

Not everyone can be a pioneer ;)

Last edited:
•••
Absolute rubbish.
Already the existence (of 63.DOMAINS) is the prove that they have (great) value* (and value growwws with time) - so stop deceiving new domainers with your pessimistic view and spam against me / my awwwsome domains.

*if this would not be the case, you can be sure that (especially) those kind of domains would not have been created / registered

horse.horse
is a great domain, my congrats to the creator, seller, buyer.

But
horsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorsehorse.horse
is a greater domain, maybe I will register it, it contains the highest possible number (12 times) of horse at the left side of the dot.

Everything has a beginning, same with 63.DOMAINS

Not everyone can be a pioneer ;)
Surely you must be on drugs to believe that

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
As I said show us proof that a domain like that will "gain in worth"

•••
For me: Credit.Credit is different than CreditCredit.com
Credit.Credit is unique
CreditCredit.com is not unique
Credit.com is unique
Of course they're different, very, but how is "CreditCredit.com" not unique?

"CreditCredit.com" looks as stupid as "credit.credit". I don't care if they sell for 6 figures, I think they look stupid and unprofessional, like they couldn't get a better name so went for some hacky alternative.

Same for horse.horse - it looks ridiculous IMO.

All this said, would I be happy buying for $xx or $xxx and selling for 4 figures or more? Of course, because there is a huge divide and difference between:
  1. Selling domains for a profit
  2. Owning a domain name and using it for a business
;)

•••

"CreditCredit.com" looks as stupid as "credit.credit". I don't care if they sell for 6 figures, I think they look stupid and unprofessional, like they couldn't get a better name so went for some hacky alternative.

All this said, would I be happy buying for $xx or $xxx and selling for 4 figures or more? Of course, because there is a huge divide and difference between:
;)

creditcredit.com, horsehorse.com doesn't trump credit.credit or horse.horse. No way, I like .com.. ;)

•••
As I said show us proof that a domain like that will "gain in worth"

No problem, I will inform you when I sold one.
Until this happens, it constantly gaining in worth.

•••
creditcredit.com, horsehorse.com doesn't trump credit.credit or horse.horse. No way, I like .com.. ;)
Why?
They're the same in that they're all single repeated keyword. While one argument states that one has the "benefit" of not having the ".com", the other argument is the ".com" could increase the value.

Again, why do you think "horse.horse" is better than "horsehorse.com"?

•••
Why?
They're the same in that they're all single repeated keyword. While one argument states that one has the "benefit" of not having the ".com", the other argument is the ".com" could increase the value.

Again, why do you think "horse.horse" is better than "horsehorse.com"?

Look at it, you will understand.

horsehorse.com

horse.horse

If you can't see what looks better, sorry...

•••
horse.horse looks 100 % better, makes 100 % more sense and has 100 % more worth than horsehorse.com

Last edited:
•••
We all know that every domain is unique no matter which TLD it belongs to, so there's no point arguing about uniqueness because there is no argument to be had, just a reason for someone to show there ignorance.

What is unique about horse.horse is the 'Type' of domain, where the 'second level domain' is equal to the TLD

2 Examples: horsehorse.com, horse.horse

Second level domain: horsehorse
Top level domain: com

In our first example horsehorse.com we can easily recognize its type as being lets say a 'Double English Word' which is only has unique as the the amount of English words there are in standard English dictionary, roughly 170,000 in the Oxford English Dictionary. Thats not a very unique domain 'Type' at all.

Second level domain: horse
Top level domain: horse

In our second example we easily recognize that the domain 'Type' is very unique in fact there is only one in each extension, making it the most unique domain 'Type' that could ever possibly exist. Now that is a very unique domain 'Type'.

So lets get this clear everyone !

The ratio is 1 : 170,000

Case closed !

Last edited:
•••

;)

Credit.Credit is unique because it is a first choice
CreditCredit.com is not unique because it is a second choice (credit.com is taken ...)
For me CreditCredit.com looks like CreditCredit.Credit.

but I agree with you(100%): a domain like Credit.Credit is not professional: it is my point of view and others have another point of view...
But the advantage is that it is unforgettable: you'll remember a domain like this after 20 years...

Last edited:
•••
ESTIBOT.COM

Domain Appraisal - Horse.com: $1.000.000
Domain Appraisal - HorseHorse.com: $610

:)

Last edited:
•••
Com.Com is unique or not?

•••
ESTIBOT.COM

Domain Appraisal - Horse.com: $1.000.000
Domain Appraisal - HorseHorse.com: $610

:)

estibot value = $0

•••
•••
•••

if there is a gain only because you cause an artificial scarcity by buying them all up :)

•••
if there is a gain only because you cause an artificial scarcity by buying them all up :)
It's not a artificial scarcity - it's a real one in the meanwhile.

•••
@Wass @dordomai this is not some kind of facebook chat going on here, your going off topic and ranting about rubbish.

The OP @Arpit131 is much appreciated member of namePros and deserves more credit than your giving him !

•••
@Wass @dordomai this is not some kind of facebook chat going on here, your going off topic and ranting about rubbish.

The OP @Arpit131 is much appreciated member of namePros and deserves more credit than your giving him !

kingof.top's pumping is better?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back