IT.COM

Fire.co was dropping yesterday - What happened?

NameSilo
Watch

Reeja T

Established Member
Impact
I was monitoring fire.co which was in Pending delete.

Drop Time:2020-05-09 16:58 Pacific Time

Still the whois is not updated. If you visit http://fire.co/ , it says "
This Domain is NOT Suspended Anymore"

What is the status? Is it reserved by the registry?
fire.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Registry probably reserved it, and will release it back with a 4 figure price.

•••
Re the same domain, it has this info in whois:
Reservation Eligibility Start Date: 2020-05-05T00:13:18Z
Reservation Placed: Yes
Reservation Registrar: 1API GmbH
Reservation Eligibility End Date: 2020-05-09T00:13:18Z

1. So did the reservation owner get screwed by the registry?
2. Where can I place a reservation on a .co domain? I looked at the official site and at various registrars but with no luck.

PS. It's still in pendingDelete so maybe it will drop after all? But the info about being "NOT suspended any more" is confusing.

Last edited:
•••
Even if it drops the .co registry holds back, and reprices all premium drops with retail pricing.

•••
Registry probably reserved it, and will release it back with a 4 figure price.
Do they do that? I thought all premium .co's are flat rate 120.

•••
Not 120, some have significantly higher prices. Document.co for instance was 2700, regged not long ago.

Fire.co is dropping today, will probably be caught by Hexonet and go to private auction there. Some of these big .co's have been fetching nice prices there, like ace.co got up to $10k or so when it dropped in the last year.

•••
Re the same domain, it has this info in whois:
Reservation Eligibility Start Date: 2020-05-05T00:13:18Z
Reservation Placed: Yes
Reservation Registrar: 1API GmbH
Reservation Eligibility End Date: 2020-05-09T00:13:18Z

1. So did the reservation owner get screwed by the registry?
2. Where can I place a reservation on a .co domain? I looked at the official site and at various registrars but with no luck.

PS. It's still in pendingDelete so maybe it will drop after all? But the info about being "NOT suspended any more" is confusing.

Yeah Hexonet is where you backorder these, and then you get invited to a private auction.

•••
Yeah Hexonet is where you backorder these, and then you get invited to a private auction.

Yeah, but I mean where can *I* place a reservation (on some other domain)? In theory it's an end-user product, I realize that hexonet is using it for their own gain, but what about other registrars? Not even one is offering it? In .pl anyone can buy an option (a.k.a. future, wls, reservation) from many different registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Seems that it dropped after all.

•••
You can place a backorder at Hexonet, but only before the name drops. For fire.co it's too late I think.

•••
You can place a backorder at Hexonet, but only before the name drops. For fire.co it's too late I think.

I don't mean this domain, I mean any .co domain in general. One that doesn't have a reservation placed. E.g.
Reservation Eligibility Start Date: 2020-05-08T08:23:36Z
Reservation Placed: No
Reservation Eligibility End Date: 2020-05-12T08:23:36Z

•••
I don't mean this domain, I mean any .co domain in general. One that doesn't have a reservation placed. E.g.
Reservation Eligibility Start Date: 2020-05-08T08:23:36Z
Reservation Placed: No
Reservation Eligibility End Date: 2020-05-12T08:23:36Z

I'm not sure what this reservation thing is. You can backorder .co at a bunch of places but the good ones seem to go to Dynadot or 1api/Hexonet usually.

•••
I'm not sure what this reservation thing is. You can backorder .co at a bunch of places but the good ones seem to go to Dynadot or 1api/Hexonet usually.

https://www.thedomains.com/2011/07/...dropping-domain-backorder-reservation-system/
I haven't found a single registrar offering it and no further info on the registry site, but as can be seen on the example of fire.co, it works perfectly well. Only it seems that registrars are using it in a totally wrong way.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is caught by hexonet. Wondering why registry didn't reserve it. Or is it because of some kind of reservation? The drop time shown at dynadot is wrong

Last edited:
•••
what do you use to monitor dropping domains, anyway? ty. :)

•••
I'll be shocked if this goes for anywhere close to less than 1k in auction, I meant to order but I forgot - is it still possible to get into the auction?

Edit: Says it's a private auction and you need invitation, looks like I may have missed the boat. Same thing happened with bold.co. Womp womp.

•••
•••
I'll be shocked if this goes for anywhere close to less than 1k in auction, I meant to order but I forgot - is it still possible to get into the auction?

Edit: Says it's a private auction and you need invitation, looks like I may have missed the boat. Same thing happened with bold.co. Womp womp.[/QUOTE

I got invitation . 30 bidders in the auction.

•••
Registry only reserved names right at the beginning in 2010. They don't reserve names after they drop (they just automatically price them in various registration tiers).

All drops get caught by either SAV, Hexo, or Dyna.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
USD 228.00 on PremiumSale.com ? WTF.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back