IT.COM

advice Dropping .tv's

NameSilo
Watch
What is the best service to use for catching .tv drops? I'd like to keep the price low since there shouldn't be much competition.

Also, I was watching a name on namejet yesterday in pending delete. It didn't get any bids so I looked for it to hand reg today. But it's not available and whois says:

No match for domain "****.TV".

>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-03-17T22:21:58Z <<<

Any ideas what this might mean?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can backorder .TV domains on Dynadot for $39.99. OK. They are not a great dropcatcher. but if the domain is going to drop ... it doesn't really matter that much. Does it?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I just saw another thread here that suggests backorders at Dynadot are shared with their API users. While the names I'm after might not get backordered otherwise, not sure I want to flag them for their API users. Any other cheap dropcatchers for dropping .tv names?

•••
Thanks. I just saw another thread here that suggests backorders at Dynadot are shared with their API users. While the names I'm after might not get backordered otherwise, not sure I want to flag them for their API users. Any other cheap dropcatchers for dropping .tv names?

Could you please provide a link to that thread?

•••
Click on "here" in my last post.

•••

I read those threads. They are not claiming that Dynadot email (or somehow communicate) with their API users about all the backordered domains on their platform. All those messages are saying is their API users have access to the backorder service. Which can sometimes beat their backorder system. I would be surprized if the API users can see all the backordered domains placed on Dynadot. Please confirm @Dynadot.

•••
No, API users can't see that. Nobody will know which backorder domains you request. For com/net/tv, there's no way our API users will beat our backorder system. And we are working our way to better results for all tlds in our backorder system.

•••
or request a .tv domain for cheap price(equal to backorder price) here on namepro.

I have OVX.tv let me know if interested.

•••
I can confirm that I tested this out yesterday on for a dropping 1 dictionary word .tv domain, and I won the domain. If, as, @krx suggested in his post above, that API users had knowledge of my backorders, then it would have appeared in somebody else's Dynadot account. However. I think @Dynadot clarified the true situation. So you should not be afraid to place a backorder for a .tv domain at Dynadot. Of course whether they actually win the domain, is in the lap of the gods. Maybe I just got lucky :)

Last edited:
•••
For backorder of the TV extension DynaDot and Name.com are both good. Doesn't Pheenix also offer backorders on TV domains?

•••
For com/net/tv, there's no way our API users will beat our backorder system.
Simple lie. With all due respect. Check my history of backorders and API orders for the last couple of years.

•••
Back