Dynadot

Fedora/Tomcat - Plesk and Liferay CMS on Virtual Host

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This about sums it up for me: I'm Stumped.

I installed the Liferay JAVA CMS (http://liferay.com) .WAR file through PLESK, as my hosting company told me to. I uploaded the dependencies to what I THINK is the classpath for my virtual hosting setup.

Problem is, GoDaddy hosting blocks port 8080, so I can't access anything through that and in plesk my Liferay status says "Actual Status of Application Does Not Correspond to the Status Retrieved from the Database"

I've installed this application on Windows hosting platforms before without problem, but Fedora core 6 is becoming a nuisance to me as far as this virtual hosting setup is concerned.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to setup LifeRay in a virtual hosting environment on Fedora/Tomcat? How can I make it so that this application is available to one of my domain names now that it's installed? Does anyone know WHERE the classpath would be for my domain (just want to make sure its correct)?

Additionally, to change the port its served on, do I have to change it in Tomcat, LifeRay or both?

Do I have to do anything to Apache or anything else to get it to come up when someone visits my domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update:

I changed the port on my tomcat server to 9080 instead of 8080, however, ALL of my domains at that port show content from the root server (test setup page)...whereas I want only one domain to show the liferay content..

Any ideas anyone?

•••
Does the temporary domain link work?

•••
Yes...it still works. Apache is still serving content on the domain apparently as well.

How can I get my Tomcat content to show on my domain?

•••
Does the server respond to telnet to port 8080 from outside?

•••
You'll have to bear with me as I have never used telnet...

I have tried it and it says connecting but then it just closes the window...I'm not sure if thats a negative connect or not...

•••
That means you were not able to connect to that port. You may need to check whether there is any firewall blocking the connection to that port. That can be in the server or in your local machine.

•••
Yeah...there was a firewall...I changed the port tomcat operates on to 9080 and the server responds to that, but again, its the "main" server page...Telnet does the same thing as before (just closes down) with the new port even...

I want to install liferay on it so different domains can use seperate instances (liferay virtualization) of it at once...I know it can be done, but I've never done it on a VPS before...

I'm new to tomcat as well...but I can find my way around the conf files easy enough...when I have to...

I installed liferay via plesk with the provided .war file and uploaded the dependencies to what I believe was the server root for tomcat...but it doesn't respond...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back