IT.COM

status-todo Feature Suggestion: Sort thread by most likes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
If possible, it would be nice to see the top liked posts in a given thread. More often than not, quality posts / useful info gets a lot of likes, and can be hard to re-refer to when burried in a mess of posts. It would be great to go to a given thread, and see the most liked posts per thread on one page rather than having to sort through the entire thread. Additionally, not that it's a popularity game, but it'd be fun to see the most liked posts in threads such as reg of the day.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's possible to sort threads by most likes by using the "Thread Display Options" near the bottom of the page on any forum.

However, it's not yet possible to sort posts by most likes. Excellent idea!

Thanks for sharing your idea,

Edit: We might provide an option to filter posts in a thread by how many Likes it has on a sliding scale from 0 to MAX Likes, and only the posts with that amount of Likes will be shown. The rest would be collapsed (hidden) until you used the "show" button. This way, everything is still in order and other posts (outside the criteria) can be shown when more context is needed.

Last edited:
•••
Sorting by most likes might derail the flow of conversation within the thread.
jmo

Peace,
Cy

•••
It's possible to sort threads by most likes by using the "Thread Display Options" near the bottom of the page on any forum.

However, it's not yet possible to sort posts by most likes. Excellent idea!

Thanks for sharing your idea,

great idea for sure... however, based on whast you told me before that implementing a "number of people watching" a given thread on top .. next to #views.. may be an extremely hard task or near impossible for your team to handle.. I see this implemntation to be similarly difficult, as it would involve keeping track and adding up likes, as it would keeping track of #people watching a thread.. and asdding those up too... so I do not quite understand why you are not putitng it into the same ultra hard to do category.

cheers

Last edited:
•••
great idea for sure... however, based on whast you told me before that implementing a "number of people watching" a given thread on top .. next to #views.. may be an extremely hard task or near impossible for your team to handle.. I see this implemntation to be similarly difficult
Please do not crash this thread to discuss that feature. You may create a new thread to discuss it.

Neither of those features are difficult to implement, but they take time and our time is being dedicated on other projects at the moment. Once we finish the other projects, we will continue working on user suggestions.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
Please do not crash this thread to discuss that feature. You may create a new thread to discuss it.

Neither of those features are difficult to implement, but they take time and our time is being dedicated on other projects at the moment. Once we finish the other projects, we will continue working on user suggestions.

its not crashing. I was discussing or asking about implementation difficulty of Grilled's feature.. based on what you told me about my suggestion as I believe them to be linked.

you must be thinking people are making feedbacks about features on namrpos for their own benefit or advantage.. when its all about making the site better for all.

ty.

•••
I was discussing or asking about implementation difficulty of Grilled's feature
We have never been suggested a feature that was too difficult for us to do. The level of difficulty only increases the time that it will take. As we all know, there are only so many hours in a day for the developers to work on things. They are all busy right now working on other features, and when they're done with those, new ones will be chosen for them to work on.

Hope that helps,

•••
Back