IT.COM

status-resolved Feature Suggestion: Add all posts section (sortable by most posts, most OP likes, and date)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
I'd estimate over 90% of the threads I read derive from the New Posts section.

https://www.namepros.com/find-new/13963247/posts

Except this section is limited to 8 pages. Often times the same threads (that I don't read) fill up these 8 pages, and in turn, valuable threads lose out on the attention they deserve.

upload_2017-8-26_22-43-44.png

I really don't like that the new post section is limited to 8 pages. Sure, you have to define new somehow, but to me it's limiting. I don't want to have to open every category to catch up on what I missed.

Even the Unread Posts section is limited to 8 pages.

upload_2017-8-26_22-45-32.png

When you look at auctions by date you will find 134 pages to sort through. Unlike the limiting 8 in New and Unread posts.

upload_2017-8-26_22-49-19.png

I suggest NP adds an all posts section (sortable by most posts, most OP likes, and date)... Without it, IMO this forum is limiting, and allows for certain threads to get swept under the rug easier. (especially after being moved to certain categories)

***The main feature I'd like to see is all posts by date. Most OP likes, and posts were just relevant sortable features***

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All domain discussion posts can be sorted by likes, replies, and date on this page:
It shows 100 pages at a time, but it sorts all posts that are domain discussions.

We plan to add the ability to ignore forums and threads, as well, which will stop things you aren't interested in from filling up New Posts. However, we already have that capability on all domain-related discussions and sales. ;)

•••
We could create an aggregate forum for all discussion threads (and all sales threads?) on NamePros, which included non-domaining threads, but I don't know if there's enough demand for it to justify it.

If enough members say they want it, then we'll strongly consider it. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion,

•••
•••
Awesome! The above link is what I was looking for. Ill be bookmarking that link.
For convenience, it's the first link after "Show Only" in your screenshot:

84523_cd01f59474afb12e1dedcb36789a62b0.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back