IT.COM

opinion Favorite Domain Appraisal Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainRex

domainrex.comEstablished Member
Impact
What are your favorite appraisal websites to use?

I been using Estibot & Godaddy for a while, started using Nameworth recently too

So far my favorite is probably Nameworth

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wait, are you saying that you sold that domain name?

via afternic indeed

upload_2020-4-30_17-46-56.png

upload_2020-4-30_17-47-56.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Didn't read the whole thread...but my favorite autobot is the one from nameworth...followed by estibot then godaddy. I use my own methods, pay attention to the higher of the three bots I just mentioned, decide how well (or poorly) I am doing in the last 90 days and come up with a bin...with offers starting at no less than 250 just to see who is out kicking tires.

•••
•••
@Ategy I didn't say auctions are a great way to find out a name's value... Just more accurate than random bots.

Auctions that are inflated by bots. In some cases bypassing even end user prices.

•••
One thing I really like about Godaddy appraisal is that it shows similar domain names sold

•••
Auctions that are inflated by bots. In some cases bypassing even end user prices.

Exactly the point i was trying to make when @Peak.Domains “who even arguing with lol?”

Great for sellers, not so much buyers.!!

Horrible use of Godaddy auctions “appraisal”

Last edited:
•••
One thing I really like about Godaddy appraisal is that it shows similar domain names sold

am i the only one finds them not as useful, since no dates? and many times find nothing on Namebio especially for questionable sales.

You are right though, the comps most helpful.

Last edited:
•••
i feel like freevaluator.com is the only service that doesn't provide you with the dreams that godaddy provides so yeah thats my favorite at the moment also it is free in case you didn't read the name

•••
Nameworth? The valuer who gives you prices 10 time higher than everywhere else. I don't need to pay to live in cloud cuckoo land :(
so you mean to tell me that my domain geologian.com is not worth 14000 USD ? XD

•••
so you mean to tell me that my domain geologian.com is not worth 14000 USD ? XD

I can't speak to every domain valuation. But just as an example. Estibot value it at $310 and GoValue value it at $1264. Does this show some kind of pattern here? I'm not say who is right or wrong. But it seems to me you would need a perfect buyer in an imperfect world, which might not even exist, to sell this domain at $14K. I wish you the best of luck in you sales.

What it mostly shows is most valuations are worthless. It's just a number to be negotiating from.

Last edited:
•••
I can't speak to every domain valuation. But just as an example. Estibot value it at $310 and GoValue value it at $1264. Does this show some kind of pattern here? I'm not say who is right or wrong. But it seems to me you would need a perefect buyer in an imperfect world, which might not even exist, to sell this domain at $14K. I wish you the best of luck in you sales.
I was agreeing with you about how ridiculous it is i doubt it is possible to find a buyer for anything near that but thank you

•••
•••
NameWorth.com, Godaddy and Estibot are the 3 I use most , they always provide with results that differ a lot tho.
But it helps me get an idea about a name and if it is worth anything or not.

•••
I was agreeing with you about how ridiculous it is i doubt it is possible to find a buyer for anything near that but thank you
Hmmmm;

Welcome to Geologian.com

"A Unification of Science and Religion"

This might be a reason why Nameworth appraises it for $14,000. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper to discover hidden value. I haven't verified this, but the information I posted is available.

•••
Hmmmm;

Welcome to Geologian.com

"A Unification of Science and Religion"

This might be a reason why Nameworth appraises it for $14,000. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper to discover hidden value. I haven't verified this, but the information I posted is available.
got it Thanks ;D

•••
If I have to choose GoDaddy.

Any service, either free or paid, wherein one can do bulk checks for GoDaddy appraisal value?

•••
If appraisals are so bad and I am breaking the first rule of domaining by using them, then why does Godaddy, the #1 registrar, put so much emphasis on them? Why does NameWorth say I get the "real market value" from their appraisals? And, Estibot appraisals say it is the "fair market value"? I mean you say it's the first rule I'm breaking. These big company's are telling me otherwise. Should I trust you or Godaddy, NameWorth and Estibot?

Do you trust human intelligence or artificial intelligence more?
:cyclops::spiderman::rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
@epik appraise.epik.com they are using the Estibot API, so it's basically Estibot without limits.

Freevaluator is good too.

•••

Humans can only learn so much.
Give an AI millions of bits of data, and it will train itself to perfection, can predict from it and take better judgement than a Human. It will be the future believe it or, not. Just needs more training and more data. So automation & AI is good, if not the most accurate can offer good insights...

•••
They're all majorly flawed.

Best one is GoDaddy's by far.

If you've tried NameWorth, let me know which results you didn't like. I'd be happy to look at it.

•••
If you've tried NameWorth, let me know which results you didn't like. I'd be happy to look at it.

I love NameWorth, especially the concept of different Valuation Tiers like Liquid Value, Investor level value, etc. Its very well put together.

•••
I love NameWorth, especially the concept of different Valuation Tiers like Liquid Value, Investor level value, etc. Its very well put together.

I also like it because of those tiers, it gives a nice range of values depending on the sales situation.

•••

I TRUST human intelligence (experience) more than artificial but I have to be realistic and admit that the world is moving more toward artificial and that will speed up as time goes on.

•••
If I'm unsure how to price the domain, I bounce it off a few friends and/or family, if just to get some idea of the bottom price. Never even once did I use any kind of automation to price a domain. However, I wish the appraisal section of this forum was a bit more alive...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back