Dynadot

opinion Favorite Domain Appraisal Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainRex

domainrex.comEstablished Member
Impact
What are your favorite appraisal websites to use?

I been using Estibot & Godaddy for a while, started using Nameworth recently too

So far my favorite is probably Nameworth

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are your favorite appraisal websites to use?

I been using Estibot & Godaddy for a while, started using Nameworth recently too

So far my favorite is probably Nameworth
Probably the best one imho is Go Daddy. They at least give comparisons where Estibot and Epik (one in the same), Nameworth and FreeValuator don't.

By using all five and comparing notes, I get a feel for how much my domains are really worth to the right buyer. I've had 50 years of experience being an "end user", thus a little common sense helps to determine valuation:xf.wink:

•••
Freevaluator.com is a hidden gem. try it out. It has a appraisal tool and they let the community vote on the value also..

Come to think about it, Namepros should buy the rights to this website. It would blend well with the domain community here, also.
I agree Durfer.....I put more credibility in Freevaluator than Estibot/Epik. Nameworth is a little quirky at times, but I spend $10 a month to be able to run 600 appraisals with them. Plus the owner is accessible(y)

•••
•••
this discussion is really stupid
and has been done a trillion times

use your brain

I sold that name for $8500 USD
via afternic
and godaddy knows it

Show attachment 152505

estibot is even more dumb

Show attachment 152506

epik appraisal is even bigger BS than those above

upload_2020-4-28_0-30-18.png

•••
epik appraisal is even bigger BS than those above

Show attachment 152602

Wrong. We said before epik is same as estibot

Only difference epik not cowards; “under $100”

Estibot is $35; Epik makes it clearer. Nice try.
Epik is 100% free, unlike estibot’s “1 a day”

95D75FA2-ABF4-4D4C-B443-289240452FA6.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Wrong. We said before epik is same as estibot

Only difference epik not cowards; “under $100”

Estibot is $35; Epik makes it clearer. Nice try.
Epik is 100% free, unlike estibot’s “1 a day”

Show attachment 152605

@Samer
your support of epik is ridiculous

•••
@Samer

Nobody is disputing that. i argue “most bs all.”

Since Epik and estibot are virtually the same; only Epik more specific esti’s “less than $100.”

Epik shouldnt be penalized for that.

Trust me, I dont take auto valuations as “bible”. We dont need your awesome sale prove that, although it was cool to see; you the goat, even more amazing was .us; u broke the appraisals. “does not compute”! lol

Point; Epik not “most bs” more specific than estibot’s under 100” not fair. Theyre all BS ;) Epik is not the “most bs of all top”
if anything, being only free one, least bs of all.

Last edited:
•••
@Samer

Not sure, I think the evaluation tool only reflects the investment value based on dimensions such as SEO and expanding the number of registrations.
It does not represent the endbuyer ’s use value, which cannot be measured.

•••
Not sure, I think the evaluation tool only reflects the investment value based on dimensions such as SEO and expanding the number of registrations.
It does not represent the endbuyer ’s use value, which cannot be measured.

True.

What is subjective cannot be merely measured by valuation sites. They can be a additional info. But never sole basis.

•••
I laugh and leave when someone tries to show me an auto appraisal price!

•••
I should start my own auto appraisal service. It'll appraise domains in selling high and domains in trying to buy low so it'll always prove my price is right. :xf.grin:Jk

•••
They're all majorly flawed.

Best one is GoDaddy's by far.

•••
Non work, it's either undervalued or overvalued. But yes it seems NameWorth is more on the accurate side for long term holding, although a domain that was valued around 50k months ago now dropped to 30k...

•••
But I like cloud cuckoo land. :xf.wink:

Show attachment 152495 Show attachment 152496

Show attachment 152497 Show attachment 152504

We are expensive. That is true. But my intention from this was never to make a bunch of money from the software. It might surprise you to hear, if I reduced my prices in half, I would be losing money at that point. If I cut them by 25%, I'd just about be breaking even after all expenses. NameWorth doesn't operate in a box, it burns a lot of data for each lookup.

I built NameWorth for one reason, because I couldn't get accurate estimates and for my next project it's imperative that valuation data at least be in-the-ballpark. Look at the current leases I have in one of my accounts (screen capture below). There are only 2 prices that are remotely in my favor. Any other industry does not work like this. If you go to a diamond shop and buy a ring, they say "look, it appraised for $4,000, but you got this great deal at only $1,450. But in the domain industry, it was the complete opposite. It is more like, "look, it appraised at $70, and you got totally ripped off at $15,000". It's not a good look from our buyer's perspective.

Show attachment 152501

So I changed it. If NameWorth had even the slightest influence on GoDaddy upping their prices by 2-3X their old appraisal prices, then that is a win for all of us. Because the closer the appraisal price is to your price and my price, the better our chances are for closing that sale.

On a side note, it does depend what you are doing with the results. If you are doing 10,000 lookups on expiring names, that can get expensive and doesn't make sense. But if you are looking up 200-300 domains that you've already filtered, then it would be a great fit.

I've also used it to stop myself from renewing bad domains. I've saved $5,810 in the last 10 months doing this by cutting my bottom 570 domains which I keep track of in a google spreadsheet. So in this case it would have been worth the $24.95 per month...for me, at least, but I have close to 7,000 domains.

Show attachment 152508

My #1 rule of domaining is always use as much information as possible and save time. The engine is built on logic, built on linguistics, built on competition and demand. Everything that would take you 10 minutes to research, but it does it in about a second. Then you can use your remaining 9 minutes and 59 seconds to scrutinize the results to ensure you don't overpay.

Show attachment 152499

If you take Mike Mann's sale of aptum for $94,888, I would guess that maybe, at best, 1-2% of the people on here would guess a figure close to that price. Yet, voila there it is. Now use the rest of your time to verify and adjust!

Show attachment 152500

Last but not least. Price for big buyers, and adjust down to mom & pop businesses. I have the domain TheSchoolOfDance(dot)com. To a mom and pop business it is worth maybe a few thousand, but to a corporate company rolling out 10 locations in major cities, then how much is it worth? I have a $25,000 price on it, but a mom & pop business had no problem reaching out to me with a $2,500 offer.

Expensive? I don't think so...i get 600 appraisals a month for $10 and I believe it's a bargain. That comes to 1.5 cent per appraisal, and it's already paid off for me. I use your appraisals sometimes to get me in the door. I've used your one word appraisals for the likes of Lemonade.com to get to speak to key execs there about my LemonadeXXXXXX.com domains. Ironically their insurance business is really worth a lot more than 10M, but little did they know that someone might appraise their domain "name" for 10M.

Keep up the good work, and many thanks(y)

•••
They're all majorly flawed.

Best one is GoDaddy's by far.
It can't even calculate passed 50k 🤦‍♂️

I cringe when lowballers bring up GoValue price

•••
It can't even calculate passed 50k 🤦‍♂️

I cringe when lowballers bring up GoValue price
Roar...actually they won't value anything above 25K. That's when I go to Nameworth for their valuation. I luv looking at all the appraisal/valuation tools. Combined they make for a pretty good valuation, but GD is the only one that has any credibility with the end user.

•••
what all these tools do
is weaken your position in a negotiation

as a domainer
I see no good reason to support them

if you don't know why a domain is worth and what it's worth
why the heck do you own it in the first place?

•••
what all these tools do

as a domainer

Exactly, that is spot on!! Do your research on a domain, find potential buyers and once you look at a name and go "OK, that will be an easy name to sell to any of those buyers" then you go and buy the name.

Why register a name and then enter it in 4 different appraisal tools and get 4 different values between $20 and $10K? How does that help someone who doesnt know the value of a name.

You have to see value in the name and should only ask for an appraisal as confirmation of this.

•••
what all these tools do

as a domainer

Every one seeks external validation. Apprising companies play on that.

•••
what all these tools do

as a domainer

Ever read "The Art of Negotiation? There are times when an appraisal can help your negotiation and times when it may not. For example Frank, Nameworth appraises Homework.com for $4,000,000, and if you were to own the domain Homewik.com, you mean to say you couldn't use that to your advantage when an "end user" has an interest in your name?

In real estate, a good salesperson will always use an appraisal or sale equivalent of the highest priced home in the neighborhood when attempting to sell a home of lesser value. Make sense?

•••
Good evening all,

If you fail in business you can always write a book like I did or you can write a book based on your experiences about how not to fail in business.

I trust no one, so when some one tells me to invest in .coms only I am automatically put on alert. You don't know me so why would you try to help me.

That is just like the guy telling you to invest in silver as he builds his new mansion from gold blocks.

If we had all followed the status quo then there would not have been any pioneers or risk takers from the past. The past, in my opinion is not always a good indicator of future performance and if anyone is banking their futures solely on short .coms then they may be heading for a shock. There was a report released this week (not sure by whom) but it said that the average length of domains that had sold was 15 letters and yet the average length of domains that had been registered this year was 7 letter. Does everyone see the irony in that.

They say to know your business and your limitations. I see and hear many different things around me regarding domain investing but there is one thing that cannot be disputed by anyone and that is statistics. Seasoned domainers state that the stats prove the viability of investing in certain domains and extensions.

In the last few short weeks everything has changed. Nothing will stay the same and my advice is adapt or crumble. Broke and broke.

Maybe, spending $5 bucks on a hand reg wasn't such a newbie rookie mistake after all.

I know that no one thinks I am doing a good job and that I am too reliant on automated domain appraisals, but just over a year ago I wasn't a domain investor and I could still see the wood for the trees. I think that some of you have got domain stockhold syndrome as you cannot see beyond being a domain investor and low and behold every single one of you is an expert at pricing domains.

To be a s good as most of you with a 1-3% sell thru rate I only need to make $15 bucks profit.

This is after all a business and we are all competing and we are in different arenas so only time will tell who is the most successful. I hope it is me.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good evening all,

If you fail in business you can always write a book like I did or you can write a book based on your experiences about how not to fail in business.

I trust no one, so when some one tells me to invest in .coms only I am automatically put on alert. You don't know me so why would you try to help me.

That is just like the guy telling you to invest in silver as he builds his new mansion from gold blocks.

If we had all followed the status quo then there would not have been any pioneers or risk takers from the past. The past, in my opinion is not always a good indicator of future performance and if anyone is banking their futures solely on short .coms then they may be heading for a shock. There was a report released this week (not sure by whom) but it said that the average length of domains that had sold was 15 letters and yet the average length of domains that had been registered this year was 7 letter. Does everyone see the irony in that.

They say to know your business and your limitations. I see and hear many different things around me regarding domain investing but there is one thing that cannot be disputed by anyone and that is statistics. Seasoned domainers state that the stats prove the viability of investing in certain domains and extensions.

In the last few short weeks everything has changed. Nothing will stay the same and my advice is adapt or crumble. Broke and broke.

Maybe, spending $5 bucks on a hand reg wasn't such a newbie rookie mistake after all.

I know that no one thinks I am doing a good job and that I am too reliant on automated domain appraisals, but just over a year ago I wasn't a domain investor and I could still see the wood for the trees. I think that some of you have got domain stockhold syndrome as you cannot see beyond being a domain investor and low and behold every single one of you is an expert at pricing domains.

To be a s good as most of you with a 1-3% sell thru rate I only need to make $15 bucks profit.

This is after all a business and we are all competing and we are in different arenas so only time will tell who is the most successful. I hope it is me.

Regards,

Reddstagg
"invest in .coms only":xf.rolleyes: That's what they told me too Redd. I hadn't met a new gTLD i didn't like until I realized i was too old to wait out the profit curve. Even non domainer millennial's didn't understand or care much for the new gTLD's. Like with anything else though, the more you do it the better you get:xf.smile:, and i don't regret spending a year screwing around with the new extensions.

I've finally attracted a couple of technical/developer type partners who understand my plan, but like with Rome:xf.wink:

Take care Redd......i sure wish we could have a beer together, and laugh about anything that comes to mind:ROFL:

•••
Good evening,

I can't even get beer. It's not considered essential. It is if you want a cold beer.

I think if people are just pre-occupied with making money they don't always go in the right direction, but go where the think they should go rather than to where they would like to go.

I'm having as much fun annoying people as I am being a domain investor. I just hate being told what to do and especially if I'm told by someone half my age that what I'm doing is fundamentally wrong. Only time will tell.

If you ever need a secondary sane, rational opinion on anything just let me know...I'll see if I know someone who can help you lol.

I can't believe you had a plan. Go figure. I thought only people who knew what they were doing had plans. Me and you just wing it and make it up as we go along.

I hope that your'e all keeping safe and well.

Next round is on me.

Regards,

Redd

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back