Dynadot

opinion Favorite Domain Appraisal Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainRex

domainrex.comEstablished Member
Impact
What are your favorite appraisal websites to use?

I been using Estibot & Godaddy for a while, started using Nameworth recently too

So far my favorite is probably Nameworth

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I need proof that this is Rule #1 of domaining. Where is this written?

Get 10 names, put them in estibot or one of the others and then then try sell them for those prices, you will see just how accurate they are. Funny how Godaddy just happen to be a registrar, so you get the inflated price from their appraisal tool and then where do a lot of new domainers go and register that name 😉

Last edited:
•••
Other ways is @Ategy method

Love that one Strategy

Many ways besides replacing two words w/ ea

•••
This is where beauty is in eyes of the beholder

“crypto+“currency” replaced with each -strongly, wholeheartedly, disagree, Ryan.

Tell that to the other 9 TLDs taken
(if you follow other ext almost every variety “cryptoscurrency.. “cryptocurrencies” and so on
domainers b domainers. (none of those mine)

There many ways to justify value;
literally only 2 only words in “crypto currency” replaced each; i find it hard to forget
Im biased, but i look forward prove u wrong :sneaky:

Crypto Currency is a great name. Reverse the order of words its a word soup of nonsense, or should I say of sensenon.

•••
Crypto Currency is a great name. Reverse the order of words its a word soup of nonsense, or should I say of sensenon.

There’s only 2 words to be reversed.

Currency, then Crypto; not rocket science

Another way add value if CryptoCurrency sells
that one’s been on market for long time

Last edited:
•••
There’s only 2 words to be reversed.

Currency comes first, then Crypto;

Another way add value if CryptoCurrency sells
that one’s been on market for long time

Nobody says it that like.

•••
Nobody says it that like.

Makes up 100% of the word
“CryptoCurrency”

no extra characters or letters

Let’s test it out, Ryan. Bet ask you a year now, wont forget

Last edited:
•••
pricecrypto.com or cryptoprice.com?

•••
pricecrypto.com or cryptoprice.com?

That’s the thing, who says anything about “price”, “value” “exchange” etc..

It’s purely the only two root words make up “cryptocurrency” no added ”price” anything:xf.grin:

That’s what makes it hard forget; imo
2 words CryptoCurrency reverse, love spin;)

Last edited:
•••
keyword looks better first though.

•••
keyword looks better first though.

I think “cryptocurrency” looks better since it’s the original.. i dont like “price” since many ways say “price” like rates, exchange,value etc

plus I’ve dont see “price” in cryptocurrency
but you wouldnt have to work hard develop it..
Careful,. i might register it :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
I think “cryptocurrency” looks better since it’s the original.. i dont like “price” since many ways to say price like rates, exchange, value etc

cryptoblah.com or blahcrypto.com price wasnt my point, but visual smoothness. lol.

•••
•••
what i mean is with appraisal tools they are too methodical, they dont take in to account the visual aspect of the domain at all.

Last edited:
•••
what i mean is with appraisal tools they are too methodical, they dont take in to effect the visual aspect of the domain at all.

Exactly. I think esti looks religiously at CPC,
exact searches, whereas; GD keyword sales. Ofc Currency Crypto homerun GD & $0 esti, Bias aside, discrepancy of this DN, best prove appraisals bull*** imo

Who knows what’s Nameworth’s algorithm?

Last edited:
•••
Perfect example I just registered

MentorCrypto.com

Not the same as CryptoMentor.com but that one is already taken.

I rather have MentorCrypto.com than thecryptomentor.com or CryptoMentor.net

•••
Get 10 names, put them in estibot or one of the others and then then try sell them for those prices, you will see just how accurate they are. Funny how Godaddy just happen to be a registrar, so you get the inflated price from their appraisal tool and then where do a lot of new domainers go and register that name 😉
You said that this was Rule #1. I really want to see these rules. Where can I buy this rule book?

•••
You said that this was Rule #1. I really want to see these rules. Where can I buy this rule book?
You can't buy it. Its a rulebook for domains so obviously its online. If you're a real domainer you'd be able to figure out its domain...lol

•••

Ok, I think its metaphorically speaking 😉👍

Just trying to help 😊

•••
It would be a really good book, no?

•••
If appraisals are so bad and I am breaking the first rule of domaining by using them, then why does Godaddy, the #1 registrar, put so much emphasis on them? Why does NameWorth say I get the "real market value" from their appraisals? And, Estibot appraisals say it is the "fair market value"? I mean you say it's the first rule I'm breaking. These big company's are telling me otherwise. Should I trust you or Godaddy, NameWorth and Estibot?

•••
If appraisals are so bad and I am breakingwhy does Godaddy, the #1 registrar, put so much emphasis on them? Why does NameWorth say I get the "real market value" from their appraisals? And, Estibot appraisals say it is the "fair market value"?

Godaddy wants to sell you domains. Name worth and estibot want to sell you their subscriptions. Oldest motivation out there, the almighty dollar.

•••
I like Nameworth, Estibot and GoDaddy too. These are all great appraisal services. I sell lots of domain names based on the appraisals I get from them. I use it all the time! I find domains that are worth between $1000 and $2000 all the time using these appraisal services.

It's very possible it just so happens that the type(s) of domains you tend to purchase are more aligned with having usable and reliably accurate metrics. It's not to say they are always wrong .. but more that with most random domains they will be more wrong than correct. But that is definitely due to algorithm design and data.

Again .. i'm not saying they have bad algorithms .. simply that in order to be even a bit accurate on all domains it would involve an algorithm that not just processes domain data and metrics .. but also be able to take into account the specifics of how the specifics of the words in the domain relates to the industry .. and then the hardest part .. developing an algorithm that quantifies the "art" portion of domains. It's just too complex to cover all possible non-liquid domains. On the other hand, there most definitely are classes and genres of domains that can be quantified far more easily then others.

There's also the fact that maybe you sell the domains at those prices because you price them around what they tell you. In effect you might be over or under-pricing your domains.

Last edited:
•••
If appraisals are so bad and I am breaking the first rule of domaining by using them, then why does Godaddy, the #1 registrar, put so much emphasis on them? Why does NameWorth say I get the "real market value" from their appraisals? And, Estibot appraisals say it is the "fair market value"? I mean you say it's the first rule I'm breaking. These big company's are telling me otherwise. Should I trust you or Godaddy, NameWorth and Estibot?

Why do you think? This is business, they want you to register the names with them, thats why they're the #1 registrar, new domainers are suckers for nice inflated appraisals on average names, makes them think they can sell it for that appraisal price. Get one of your names, get the GD appraisal price, then try sell it for that, the only way to prove my point is in the actual sales, and I mean regular sales. It just wont happen. Its always better to learn domain value yourself or get human appraisals on here.

Nameworth and Estibot are small companies by the way.

Last edited:
•••
FYI .. CurrencyCrypto.com is not a worthless domain.

It's worthless linguistically .. but not in terms of a brand. I have no idea what it could be worth since I don't know that market well enough .. but it's certainly not $0 .. and not $100 .. likely even more than $1000.

There are TONS of 2 word combinations out there that don't make linguistic sense. MOST of them totally would suck as a brand. More than most in fact .. lol. But some are simply cool sounding. Or others simply have so much weight between the words that as long as you can say it, there's some value (as is the case with CurrencyCrypto.com). It's certainly not even worth 1% of CryptoCurrency.com .. but ask yourself how much is CryptoCurrency worth? Easily upper 6 figures for sure .. more likely into 7-figures for an aggressive buyer. I think $8k is high for CurrencyCrypto.com .. but I wouldn't say impossible on a day Bitcoin jumps 25%! lol

There are some words that can have value before and after if they make sense as both a noun and an adjective. A good example of that is the word "Expert". TeaExpert is what you'd first expect to be the only way it works. But when you think about it ExpertTea works just as well but differently. TeaExpert would be good if you want to put the focus on the people (tea services) .. but ExpertTea is better to brand a product because it implies the Tea is of "Expert" quality.

CurrencyCrypto however doesn't really have too much of that reverse possibility. But the words are still so incredibly strong enough that it's borderline usable at a fraction of the cost. It's a bad example because it's truly an exception because CryptoCurrency is such a valuable term and domain.

Last edited:
•••
Freevaluator.com is a hidden gem. try it out. It has a appraisal tool and they let the community vote on the value also..

Come to think about it, Namepros should buy the rights to this website. It would blend well with the domain community here, also.

I own the domain grolz in .com.

It is valued as follows.

Freevalauator $22649

Godaddy 1879

Estibot 100

I love freevaluator. :xf.grin:

Now, where is the buyer @22K?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back