Dynadot

opinion Favorite Domain Appraisal Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainRex

domainrex.comEstablished Member
Impact
What are your favorite appraisal websites to use?

I been using Estibot & Godaddy for a while, started using Nameworth recently too

So far my favorite is probably Nameworth

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also like it because of those tiers, it gives a nice range of values depending on the sales situation.
Anthony...how are ya? I like it too for the same reasons, and the owner is looking for feedback and ideas for how to make it better.

On another note, i like the idea of a subjective scoring of domains by our peers. By that I mean a minimum of three professional domainers look at a domain and assign a score to it from 1-10. Then "average" the combined scores where a 9or10 is excellent, 7or8 is good, 6or7 is fair/average and anything below....well I won't say, but sucks:xf.wink:

btw, professional's would need to be compensated, but I don't think a lot for spending 30 seconds each, and being able to score 120 domains in an hour.

Here is why there is a need for something like this imo. Yesterday I hand reg'd the domain PopsRibs, and Estibot/Epik valued it at "0", GD valued it at $102, Nameworth at < $500 and Free Valuator at $2,150. Ironically everyone of my NP friends/peers and even my contact at Nameworth thought it was a pretty good name, thus if they were scoring it subjectively it may have received a 7or8. If I didn't know better the valuations for PopsRibs would have scared me off and I may not have reg'd the domain. Fortunately I overlooked the valuations and reg'd the domain anyway. Make sense?

Thanks Anthony, and I'll email you later to give you an update(y)

•••
I also like it because of those tiers, it gives a nice range of values depending on the sales situation.

Yes, but at the same time I feel @Namebuyer should kind of implement an algorithm to improve the Liquid Value (fire sale) as I have seen this is not the most accurate and most 4L.com have the same Liquid Value in spite of the pattern and other liquidity factors, this could be improved. If that's done, it will be undoubtedly the best appraisal tool for us domainers...

•••
epik...it is almost a mirror of estibot. it's unlimited and free.
I didn't find it to be unlimited. I tried it once, and then on the second attempt I was asked to login.

As a former news-site producer, I would suggest that Epik could drive a lot of relevant domain industry traffic to their site if that valuation tool was free to use without login credentials.

•••
I have tried the following services over the past month, but I find the best way to price your domain is by past sales info. And wait for the "right buyer" - I can't stress this enough. GoDaddy is always high. All of them have their quirks.

https://www.estibot.com/
https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal
https://domainindex.com/
https://www.nameworth.com/
https://pc.domains/

Past Domain Sales Info: - Search by Keywords
https://namebio.com/
http://dnpric.es/
GoDaddy Valuation is great at giving comparable sales.

Good Luck!

•••
They're all majorly flawed.

Best one is GoDaddy's by far.

It always perplexes me to read comments like these from Pros. What I find most of the time is they've never even run 10 results through the tool.

Okay lets take a REAL look...

upload_2020-5-16_2-33-56.png

upload_2020-5-16_2-48-23.png

upload_2020-5-16_3-42-44.png

upload_2020-5-16_2-55-8.png

upload_2020-5-16_3-28-12.png

NOT. EVEN. IN. THE. SAME. GALAXY.

Keep in mind, NameWorth has no knowledge of actual sales prices beyond general parameters that I've set.

Here's my favorite one. I came across this today because I'm brokering Stable(dot)com, and someone writes me saying it should be priced at $50,000 because that's what Think.com sold for last year. I was thinking "there's no way that think.com sold for that amount", so I looked and sure enough...it did not.

But what did sell at $50,000 was thiink.com with 2 "i"s. What was even more interesting were the comments about this sale, many times from industry experts. No one knew how it could sell for that much apparently, but if you look at the detailed NameWorth results, it's pretty obvious.

Let me just summarize by saying, if you have a domain that is registered in 31 extensions, with 91 similarly named domains taken, and 8 active websites including some that are legitimate businesses...please don't sell it for only $5,000. Regardless of what you or I personally think of the name, you have to look at the data, because others out there thiink the complete opposite.

upload_2020-5-16_4-13-12.png

upload_2020-5-16_4-13-36.png

Once I pointed out the error, I jokingly offered the prospect the equivalent "stablle.com" with 2Ls for a huge discount at $10,000. But we all should know stablle.com is not worth hardly anything.

upload_2020-5-16_4-10-7.png

If I were to get the smallest sliver of support from half the people at the top of the industry, the tool would have an unreal amount of accuracy and detail. But instead of support & comradery for collaborative ideas, there is often a negative vibe, or even statements that negate the use of any kind of valuation tools in general. I can tell you that the majority of the time, people making these blanket statements about the tool not working, have never even logged in, and if they have, they definitely haven't tried it in the last few months. Do you know how many times these professionals have emailed me about a specific problem with the results? Zero.

Why tear down something another industry peer is creating when the whole purpose of the tool is to help the industry move away from inaccurate valuations? The whole reason I created NameWorth is because accuracy in domain valuations was non-existent. Of of a random sample of 20 domains I had recently leased or sold in 2018, only 2/20 appraisals were remotely in my favor. This is for the improvement of the industry, not some type of money grab. For the thousands of hours I've put into this project, my hourly rate would be right around $10 per hour if I calculated it out. If I'm making almost $100k per year in profit from domain investing with very little hours, why would I continue this NameWorth project if I'm making so little per hour, unless to help the industry and develop something reliable?

As a professional, I've personally viewed the results for over 100,000 lookups going through the tool. For another professional to comment that it doesn't work without even putting through 10 results is beyond irresponsible. If you don't know, just say "I don't know...never tried it.". Even neutrality would be better than the negative talk if the person has no experience using it. If you're a professional and see some things that are out of line, send me an email. Let's improve it together.

During my first 5 years out of college, I worked as a developer for Intel Corporation. If anyone is familiar with Moore's law, the same ideology applies to nearly any complex problem. While Moore's law is specific to microprocessors, the idea that "whatever has been done, can be outdone" is a principle all of us should try to achieve. Both personally and as a community.

Keep in mind, the NameWorth tool has barely been out for 1 year, and already it's getting results like this. If I can up the amount I'm spending each month on the tool, and execute the plans I have in mind in the next 6-24 months for NameWorth, by version 3-4 it will be hard to argue with the results**(see below). I'm not willing to take a personal loss of $20k per year putting these additional improvements into the tool before the level of support for the tool is there, but NameWorth will get there in the next 2 years. NameWorth has almost double the subscribers than it had 3 months ago, and even on the current path, by 2021 version 3 will release, and by 2022 version 4 will be in place. Each of these version releases will have significant data and accuracy improvements. If some of my new projects are successful, it will happen even faster because I'll be much more willing to take the personal loss since NameWorth is integrated with those solutions.

**To a degree domains are subjective, so no tool is going to guess the exact amount you should sell or pay for a domain, but it can give you an accurate starting range that is consistent when compared across all domains. It will look much better for you to say you want $300,000 for a domain that is appraising at $75,000 than it is for a domain that is incorrectly appraising at $2,000.

It seems like the biggest argument so far is: "but I'm a professional domain investor and know how to price domains perfectly..."; Newsflash, your customers need validation, even if you don't! You can say you tell your customers about comps and how valuable domains are as investments/asset. That is great, but when is the last time you bought a car or house and made the seller your "source" for honest analysis on the price. Never. Everyone needs a third party source for validation. You are on the opposite side of the negotiation table, not the same side. As a broker, you may be able to get to the middle of the table, but you are still not sitting on the same side as the buyer.

If you used a page like this with accurate estimates, would that not be a gigantic advantage to your negotiating position?

upload_2020-5-16_4-48-6.png

I'd like to conclude that I do get support by many, and I truly appreciate those of you who do. This is the only reason NameWorth has seen the growth it has, and the only reason version 3 & 4 are viable in the next couple years. Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
It always perplexes me to read comments like these from Pros. What I find most of the time is they've never even run 10 results through the tool.

Okay lets take a REAL look...

Show attachment 154499

Show attachment 154500

Show attachment 154503

Show attachment 154501

Show attachment 154502

NOT. EVEN. IN. THE. SAME. GALAXY.

Keep in mind, NameWorth has no knowledge of actual sales prices beyond general parameters that I've set.

Here's my favorite one. I came across this today because I'm brokering Stable(dot)com, and someone writes me saying it should be priced at $50,000 because that's what Think.com sold for last year. I was thinking "there's no way that think.com sold for that amount", so I looked and sure enough...it did not.

But what did sell at $50,000 was thiink.com with 2 "i"s. What was even more interesting were the comments about this sale, many times from industry experts. No one knew how it could sell for that much apparently, but if you look at the detailed NameWorth results, it's pretty obvious.

Let me just summarize by saying, if you have a domain that is registered in 31 extensions, with 91 similarly named domains taken, and 8 active websites including some that are legitimate businesses...please don't sell it for only $5,000. Regardless of what you or I personally think of the name, you have to look at the data, because others out there thiink the complete opposite.

Show attachment 154508

Show attachment 154509

Once I pointed out the error, I jokingly offered the prospect the equivalent "stablle.com" with 2Ls for a huge discount at $10,000. But we all should know stablle.com is not worth hardly anything.

Show attachment 154506

If I were to get the smallest sliver of support from half the people at the top of the industry, the tool would have an unreal amount of accuracy and detail. But instead of support & comradery for collaborative ideas, there is often a negative vibe, or even statements that negate the use of any kind of valuation tools in general. I can tell you that the majority of the time, people making these blanket statements about the tool not working, have never even logged in, and if they have, they definitely haven't tried it in the last few months. Do you know how many times these professionals have emailed me about a specific problem with the results? Zero.

Why tear down something another industry peer is creating when the whole purpose of the tool is to help the industry move away from inaccurate valuations? The whole reason I created NameWorth is because accuracy in domain valuations was non-existent. Of of a random sample of 20 domains I had recently leased or sold in 2018, only 2/20 appraisals were remotely in my favor. This is for the improvement of the industry, not some type of money grab. For the thousands of hours I've put into this project, my hourly rate would be right around $10 per hour if I calculated it out. If I'm making almost $100k per year in profit from domain investing with very little hours, why would I continue this NameWorth project if I'm making so little per hour, unless to help the industry and develop something reliable?

As a professional, I've personally viewed the results for over 100,000 lookups going through the tool. For another professional to comment that it doesn't work without even putting through 10 results is beyond irresponsible. If you don't know, just say "I don't know...never tried it.". Even neutrality would be better than the negative talk if the person has no experience using it. If you're a professional and see some things that are out of line, send me an email. Let's improve it together.

During my first 5 years out of college, I worked as a developer for Intel Corporation. If anyone is familiar with Moore's law, the same ideology applies to nearly any complex problem. While Moore's law is specific to microprocessors, the idea that "whatever has been done, can be outdone" is a principle all of us should try to achieve. Both personally and as a community.

Keep in mind, the NameWorth tool has barely been out for 1 year, and already it's getting results like this. If I can up the amount I'm spending each month on the tool, and execute the plans I have in mind in the next 6-24 months for NameWorth, by version 3-4 it will be hard to argue with the results**(see below). I'm not willing to take a personal loss of $20k per year putting these additional improvements into the tool before the level of support for the tool is there, but NameWorth will get there in the next 2 years. NameWorth has almost double the subscribers than it had 3 months ago, and even on the current path, by 2021 version 3 will release, and by 2022 version 4 will be in place. Each of these version releases will have significant data and accuracy improvements. If some of my new projects are successful, it will happen even faster because I'll be much more willing to take the personal loss since NameWorth is integrated with those solutions.

**To a degree domains are subjective, so no tool is going to guess the exact amount you should sell or pay for a domain, but it can give you an accurate starting range that is consistent when compared across all domains. It will look much better for you to say you want $300,000 for a domain that is appraising at $75,000 than it is for a domain that is incorrectly appraising at $2,000.

It seems like the biggest argument so far is: "but I'm a professional domain investor and know how to price domains perfectly..."; Newsflash, your customers need validation, even if you don't! You can say you tell your customers about comps and how valuable domains are as investments/asset. That is great, but when is the last time you bought a car or house and made the seller your "source" for honest analysis on the price. Never. Everyone needs a third party source for validation. You are on the opposite side of the negotiation table, not the same side. As a broker, you may be able to get to the middle of the table, but you are still not sitting on the same side as the buyer.

If you used a page like this with accurate estimates, would that not be a gigantic advantage to your negotiating position?

Show attachment 154510

I'd like to conclude that I do get support by many, and I truly appreciate those of you who do. This is the only reason NameWorth has seen the growth it has, and the only reason version 3 & 4 are viable in the next couple years. Thank you!
Great Summary. Looking forward to seeing more of what you are developing!

•••

Now you've done it... that domain will sell for $$$$$ one day ;)

•••
Thank you all for sharing guys, really informative topic

Last edited:
•••
Rule #1 of domaining:

Never use automated appraisal tools.

Seriously, they just pick random numbers. Dont waste your time with them. Email some end-users and thats how you'll find out how much its worth.

On premium 5 to 7 figure names, I definitely agree with you.

But my good four figure names are mostly priced at GD valuations with a BIN whether I think they are too high or too low. Reason is that I think 90% or more of the buyers think they are buying it from Godaddy and that that is the price. Even in 2020, I think most buyers are totally clueless regarding domain names, and I think most four figure sales are impulse buys.

•••
On premium 5 to 7 figure names, I definitely agree with you.

But my good four figure names are mostly priced at GD valuations with a BIN whether I think they are too high or too low. Reason is that I think 90% or more of the buyers think they are buying it from Godaddy and that that is the price. Even in 2020, I think most buyers are totally clueless regarding domain names, and I think most four figure sales are impulse buys.

If people dont learn the value of domains themselves by doing the research and finding end-users before the they buy the name, then they shouldn't be buying names. If you are going to buy a name because you like it and without knowing the value and without seeing if there are end-users who may internested, then this is not the game for you.

No automated tool will tell you how good a name is, how brandable it is, how it sounds when you say, how it looks, does it pass the "radio" test, how many extensions is it registered in, are there end-users with similar names or the exact name in a cctld? Only you can find out that info.

I see people get appraisals from 3 or 4 different appraisal tools, and whichever one is highest is the one they believe. C'mon, you are just kidding yourself. Dont use them at all, and certainly dont go and register a name based on the appraisal you get.

•••
I would never buy a name based on an appraisal tool - that is not too bright - you would fail miserably if you did that. I start with high appraisals when I search as these tend to have a higher assortment of better names. I make my own evaluations based on 15 years of full time experience in this using all the known metrics.

On pricing, I have found (with the same 15 years experience) that names sell faster at these goofy GD appraisal prices because, like I mentioned, 90% of the buyers are impulse buyers (IMO) and think they are buying from GD.

I have found, with low 4 figure names (sometimes low 5 figure names), even if mine is exact match for several companies with longer or non .com tlds, it is not worth my time to reach out as they mostly have no idea that it is better to have the exact match .com domain rather than a three or four word hyphenated .net. My conclusion is to just throw up the nonsense GD price and whoever steps up to the plate first gets it. Easy, fast, and no discussions with the less informed. Works for me - maybe not for you.

•••
I would never buy a name based on an appraisal tool - that is not too bright - you would fail miserably if you did that. I start with high appraisals when I search as these tend to have a higher assortment of better names. I make my own evaluations based on 15 years of full time experience in this using all the known metrics.

On pricing, I have found (with the same 15 years experience) that names sell faster at these goofy GD appraisal prices because, like I mentioned, 90% of the buyers are impulse buyers (IMO) and think they are buying from GD.

I have found, with low 4 figure names (sometimes low 5 figure names), even if mine is exact match for several companies with longer or non .com tlds, it is not worth my time to reach out as they mostly have no idea that it is better to have the exact match .com domain rather than a three or four word hyphenated .net. My conclusion is to just throw up the nonsense GD price and whoever steps up to the plate first gets it. Easy, fast, and no discussions with the less informed. Works for me - maybe not for you.

Yeah, its best to to use them at all. Most of my buyers are not impluse buyers because 70-75% of my sales are outbound.

•••
Yeah, its best to to use them at all. Most of my buyers are not impluse buyers because 70-75% of my sales are outbound.

I'm not seeing where the logic is here if several people that have been in the industry 10+ years can not see the value in thiink.com. Google that domain sale. There are top sites that question the sanity of that sale. If they don't know a domain like this has value after 10+ years, how do you suggest they remedy this? They obviously have the experience already. If tools can help them start to think differently and grow, how is it better to do nothing?

upload_2020-5-20_22-41-16.png

•••
I'm not seeing where the logic is here if several people that have been in the industry 10+ years can not see the value in thiink.com. Google that domain sale. There are top sites that question the sanity of that sale. If they don't know a domain like this has value after 10+ years, how do you suggest they remedy this? They obviously have the experience already. If tools can help them start to think differently and grow, how is it better to do nothing?

Show attachment 155113

You keep using that one sale, this is an exception to the rule, sales like this are not the norm, yes someone wanted the name so they were prepared to pay big dollars for it. I can assure you they didnt go and put it in an appraisal tool and lift their budget accordingly. I can see the value in Thiink.com, its just a nice brandable, but most new domainers will come on here and think any typo will be worth that, so lets buy Briink.com, Healtth.com and Secuurity.com
You have to know and learn the value first and understand what makes a name brandable.

You dont learn the domain industry by looking at one nice sale of a mispelt word like "Thiink" and go from there. Godaddy gives it $6,800 and Nameworth gives it $54,500, thats my point exactly, do you think your Nameworth evaulation would be the same before that sale happened?? I dont think so.

Its like saying look at this sale, ReverseTelephoneDirectory.com selling for 30,000 USD, let me get a 25 letter domain and sell it for 30K. Let me check the appraisal tool first, wow Estibot gives it $31K. I better check Godaddy as well, damn its only $1400. Where do you think Estibot got that figure from?

Its easy to see how these tools work. You can give me a thousand more examples and screenshots and it wont convince me. Ive been doing this too long to get sucked into the appraisal tool gimmick. My advice is aimed to new domainers not falling intto the trap of buying a name based on an automated tool value.
Each to their own though, it might even work for some people. we can agree to disagree on this one. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
For me it's GoDaddy appraisal.

•••
do you think your Nameworth evaulation would be the same before that sale happened?? I dont think so.

Absolutely! Look for yourself... The first time I ran the query was 5/16/2020. Other users ran it before that and sure enough, someone ran it at 11:58:53 on 5/20/2019, just 7 days after the date of the reported sale 5/20/2019. NameWorth doesn't use sales data in any form to inflate domain values. Never has and never will.

upload_2020-5-21_0-33-0.png

You keep using that one sale, this is an exception to the rule, sales like this are not the norm, yes someone wanted the name so they were prepared to pay big dollars for it. I can assure you they didnt go and put it in an appraisal tool and lift their budget accordingly.

I'm not focusing on any one sale. Run any of Mike Mann's sales the second they are reported. It will be about the same.

See the results for Aptum(dot)com in my post above. Same deal. It would completely amaze me if more than 5% of domain investors put a price of $94,000 or more on that domain. Saying people should just do their own research is like saying they'll fix a problem...that they don't realize they have...by doing research. The people that don't know, just don't know. No clue. They'll put a $5k price on that domain all day long.

It isn't that a buyer will put it in a tool to "fit their budget". Do we go buy a $50,000 car for only $5,000 because that "fits out budget". No, we go buy a $5,000 car.

If it is a domain worth $50k, the seller shouldn't be selling it for $5k. The buyer has the choice to either buy at $50k, settle for thiink.io for $20k, or save up their pennies for think.com.

You can give me a thousand more examples and screenshots and it wont convince me.

Like you said yourself, doesn't matter what I show you, it will never change your mind. But ego/stubbornness is sometimes the most expensive thing we'll ever own. Expensive, in the form of opportunity cost.

Its like saying look at this sale, ReverseTelephoneDirectory.com selling for 30,000 USD, let me get a 25 letter domain and sell it for 30K. Let me check the appraisal tool first, wow Estibot gives it $31K. I better check Godaddy as well, damn its only $1400. Where do you think Estibot got that figure from?

Probably by cheating, I would guess...

upload_2020-5-21_0-49-5.png

My advice is aimed to new domainers not falling intto the trap of buying a name based on an automated tool value.

I agree with this, you should definitely have a few months of experience before buying any domains (whether based on a tool, or advice in any form). Always buy with caution, and base your purchases off your own proven results.

Rule #1 of domaining:

Never use automated appraisal tools.

Seriously, they just pick random numbers. Dont waste your time with them. Email some end-users and thats how you'll find out how much its worth.

Nameworth? The valuer who gives you prices 10 time higher than everywhere else.

They're all majorly flawed.

Best one is GoDaddy's by far.

Since you, josh, and stub are my biggest critics on here, never used the tool, and are all at a pro level of verified sales, I invite you to try it at my expense. I'll extend a free Gold plan to all 3 of you for a month. ("Free" for you, but the data will actually cost me about $12-14 per account) So essentially, I'll pay $36-42 for all of you to use it for the month.

Run your domains through that you feel have value, and look at the results. If it tells you 40% of your domains are worth $20,000+, it doesn't mean that you need to price it at that level. Price them at $9,500, or double their current value and see if anything happens.

If it does, awesome. Everyone wins. If not, bump them back down later.

Just give it a fair shake. That's all I'm asking.

Even if you already have higher prices on your domains, still worth a try.

Worst case...it will save you hours of time identifying if you have the next thiink.com in your existing inventory (...and if you don't want the domain, I'll probably pay you $500 for it) ;)

Last edited:
•••
Absolutely! Look for yourself... The first time I ran the query was 5/16/2020. Other users ran it before that and sure enough, someone ran it at 11:58:53 on 5/20/2019, just 7 days after the date of the reported sale 5/20/2019. NameWorth doesn't use sales data in any form to inflate domain values. Never has and never will.

Show attachment 155126

I'm not focusing on any one sale. Run any of Mike Mann's sales the second they are reported. It will be about the same.

See the results for Aptum(dot)com in my post above. Same deal. It would completely amaze me if more than 5% of domain investors put a price of $94,000 or more on that domain. Saying people should just do their own research is like saying they'll fix a problem...that they don't realize they have...by doing research. The people that don't know, just don't know. No clue. They'll put a $5k price on that domain all day long.

It isn't that a buyer will put it in a tool to "fit their budget". Do we go buy a $50,000 car for only $5,000 because that "fits out budget". No, we go buy a $5,000 car.

If it is a domain worth $50k, the seller shouldn't be selling it for $5k. The buyer has the choice to either buy at $50k, settle for thiink.io for $20k, or save up their pennies for think.com.

Like you said yourself, doesn't matter what I show you, it will never change your mind. But ego/stubbornness is sometimes the most expensive thing we'll ever own. Expensive, in the form of opportunity cost.

Probably by cheating, I would guess...

Show attachment 155131

I agree with this, you should definitely have a few months of experience before buying any domains (whether based on a tool, or advice in any form). Always buy with caution, and base your purchases off your own proven results.

Since you, josh, and stub are my biggest critics on here, never used the tool, and are all at a pro level of verified sales, I invite you to try it at my expense. I'll extend a free Gold plan to all 3 of you for a month. ("Free" for you, but the data will actually cost me about $12-14 per account) So essentially, I'll pay $36-42 for all of you to use it for the month.

Run your domains through that you feel have value, and look at the results. If it tells you 40% of your domains are worth $20,000+, it doesn't mean that you need to price it at that level. Price them at $9,500, or double their current value and see if anything happens.

If it does, awesome. Everyone wins. If not, bump them back down later.

Just give it a fair shake. That's all I'm asking.

Even if you already have higher prices on your domains, still worth a try.

Worst case...it will save you hours of time identifying if you have the next thiink.com in your existing inventory (...and if you don't want the domain, I'll probably pay you $500 for it) ;)

Good luck man. You keep using it my friend. :xf.smile:

•••
I'm relatively fresh, but in terms of appraisals I (as many others) use GoDaddy, Epik (free esti without extra flavor, which is the key, I admit) and NameWorth (paid version).

GoDaddy shows similar sales which is very helpful (even though without dates, but if you really interested - namebio particular sale)

Nameworth shows taken extension plus similarly named running businesses/websites. Even though I find prices heavily inflated for most domains, I like tiered structure and at least I can get an idea for how much I can dump this domain

Estibot (which is Epik+extra features) shows some traffic stats I believe, which very valuable as well.

Combining these three helps to at least get an idea if this particular domain is worth handregging or buying at auction/catching.

If Nameworth could only show traffic/seo stats it become the goto place, I love the job they are doing and I don't understand the negativity towards it. If you don't like valuation - use own head, or other services to get median appraisal from all tools, their most values comes from features it provides, at least for now.

Last edited:
•••
I'm relatively fresh, but in terms of appraisals I (as many others) use GoDaddy, Epik (free esti without extra flavor, which is the key, I admit) and NameWorth (paid version).

GoDaddy shows similar sales which is very helpful (even though without dates, but if you really interested - namebio particular sale)

Nameworth shows taken extension plus similarly named running businesses/websites. Even though I find prices heavily inflated for most domains, I like tiered structure and at least I can get an idea for how much I can dump this domain

Estibot (which is Epik+extra features) shows some traffic stats I believe, which very valuable as well.

Combining these three helps to at least get an idea if this particular domain is worth handregging or buying at auction/catching.

If Nameworth could only show traffic/seo stats it become the goto place, I love the job they are doing and I don't understand the negativity towards it. If you don't like valuation - use own head, or other services to get median appraisal from all tools, their most values comes from features it provides, at least for now.
Like you I take them all into consideration. Nameworth is up and coming, and I especially like their owners responsiveness. As much as anything i use Nameworth for confirmation. For example, i recently registered GourmetSin, a name I'd call my restaurant if my cuisine was so damn good it's sinful. GD appraises the name for $1,447, Free Valuator at $260, the fools at Estibot "O" and Nameworth at $9,450.

Most really good gourmet chef's believe their food is sinful, and as such my outbound strategy is to get GourmetSin in front of some of the top chefs in the industry. Pretty much I'm asking them to put their money where their mouth is:xf.wink:

Also, I use the paid version of Nameworth. I pay $10 a month, but it's worth every penny(y)

•••
I like Godaddy's appraisal tool as I think that is the only one available with some genuine stats, as of now. I have also been a paying member of Estibot in the past, although the reasoning of their valuation was unreasonable at times. But overall, I believe its the need of the buyer that decides the value of your domain, no bot can evenly justify that.

•••
Last edited:
•••
My favorite are Nameworth and Godaddy. Thanks

•••
Auctions are the most accurate imo

•••
Put it on auction and you come to know real value!

•••
•••
Back