Domain Empire

$1.33 promo for .COM registrations, unlimited qty!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What Was Your Overall "fasthosts" Experience Like?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Aspiring Billionaire

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys.

Fasthosts (based in the UK) has a current promo with no restriction on the quantity of domain names one wishes to register. The .COM's are £1.00 each (that's around $1.33 I think). Here's the link to the promo:

https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/offers

I'm based in South Africa, so all of my registrations (I've been advised) will require a confirmation via telephone before being completed manually by an account manager. I was given contact details in order to communicate directly with my appointed account manager to better streamline future registrations, Paypal was gladly accepted. I've successfully registered a few already.

I'm happy with them so far (service, interface, etc.). Use this link to take them for a test-drive before deciding, scroll to the FREE ACCOUNT link to get started:

https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/domain-names
https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/domain-names
Share your thoughts, experiences and registrations if you like. Enjoy!

Regards
Clint

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for the heads-up. I will give them a try.

•••
never got call from them :(

•••
never got call from them :(
I was hasty when I initially registered so I contacted their 24hr tech-team via twitter. I was advised that the sales/accounts staff work office hours only. The tech-guy did confirm that my order was logged (in queue) and that I'll receive a call in the morning (which I did). Here's the twitter link for tech-support if you'd like to do a follow-up: https://twitter.com/FHTechTeam

•••
I never received their call, tried 3 times.

•••
I never received their call, tried 3 times.
I don't think they're open right now, it's probably around 3am in UK at the moment.

•••
Yes tried multiple times and no calls...

•••
Don't be surprised if they suspend your account and all ur domains.
Just a heads up.

Experienced this myself.

•••
•••
Don't be surprised if they suspend your account and all ur domains.
Just a heads up.

Experienced this myself.
You should vote, and perhaps share your experience with us?

•••
•••
•••
Wouldn't want to get in so much fuss about registration...especially when there are serious registrar like ENOM and Name.com providing 0.99 .com registration every week.

Also, I have mentioned that Fasthosts didn't like my Paypal account for some reason :D

Wouldn't give them a cent. Very shady business.

•••
I googled them

So, listen:

Very frustrated with their cloudNX servers and support they offer. Due to some unknown reason for us, the server was suspended from the network which means all our websites are not accessible by our customers. It has been more than 48 hours and they could not reinstate network connectivity to our server. The only thing we hear when we call them is - it is beeing looked after, it has been escalated, it has been given its highest priority. However it does not help. For networking it looks they use a third party supplier (not sure who that might be) and they cannot get direct updates from them. So do not trust what they advertise, look somewhere else. Very frustrated with the way they deal (in effect do not deal) with critical issues.

Took out a web hosting package that "Had it all" with a web builder option (I am not a HTML programmer) None of it ever worked or offered what they claimed so I went elsewhere (Namesco). Tried to cancel a the contract and they kindly pointed out that it was a 12 month contract and it would not be possible to cancel it. I even offered to pay the outstanding balance, but that was not possible as they would have to (shock) "raise an invoice." Don't see the problem with that as it is normal business practice that we as customers do not need to see. Invoice then credit note. But this task seemed to be a mountain and the only way to cancel would be to pay the outstanding by cheque. Who has a cheque book nowadays?? Anyway I now have an email from them confirming that I have been marked as cancelling the contract as of January. Having read the reviews on here I do not hold much hope...... We will see......

Be warned, if you sign up with Fasthosts, read their T&Cs very carefully. It is extremely difficult to cancel any hosting as it must be done within a small time window. Miss that slot and they will pursue you relentlessly for 2 years payment in advance. Best bit is that you have missed your cancel slot and have to go through it all again in 2 years time...............

I can't express just how awful this company is. I've been given a server that doesn't work. And if I want it to work, I have to pay them extra to fix it. This is on a server I've had for a grand total of 24 hours.

Don't let the website and the salesman on the phone tell you any different - this is like a no-frills airline where you see the cheap price ... then have the holiday from hell. And they tell you nothing about just how bare bones the service is upfront.

The "support" staff are practically non-existent. What you do get, is a large number of people who will answer the phone or emails and repeat things that are written in the FAQs section. They have no idea what it means. Even with basic server things, they have to go and ask a supervisor what answer they should give next.

BEWARE!

Last edited:
•••
Yup I had my account with 20 domains cancelled. All the domains were suspended and I was robbed of my domains literally.

•••
don't know if they are shady, they have numbers, addresses, map of where they are in the uk on the site, copyrighted. But staff, hmmm

•••
don't know if they are shady, they have numbers, addresses, map of where they are in the uk on the site, copyrighted. But staff, hmmm

Read all the reviews. It's just getting worse.

It's kinda tragicomical, I laughed a lot, but i would hate to be one of those guys.

•••
We have had issues with our plain Wordpress site for more than a year - it would often be impossible to view the site and it became nigh on impossible to update the site. When we complained about this (which we did about 20 times in a year) the standard reply from them was that it was due to network issues beyond their control. More recently they admitted that the server was faulty and they moved us to a new server, which also failed so they moved us back(failed again) and then back onto a new server - this process took more than a week - during that time communicating with them was difficult due to the fact their standard reply was issued - that it was working for them and the problem lay elsewhere.
Their handling of our problems has been awful and they seem not to have any managers who are willing to engage in dialogue. Glassdoor reports on what their previous staff have to say about the company and the overriding theme is that it's management rather than its technical staff are the problem. I would not recommend using this company.

OMG can't stop laughing :D

•••
Even RegisterFly had all these. addresses, number, site etc.
These doesn't make any difference.

•••
Hi guys,

I opened an account with them. It took some time for them to call back, some days actually, but I opened it on a Friday and eventually it all worked out on Monday when they were back from the weekend. They are good and give good support actually via mail and the phone. I've registered about 200+ names. The only thing is for every new name in the future to be registered I have to send a mail to my account manager and he will register them for me, if not, the system will trigger a call back again, because I am not from the UK, but that's fine if the names cost only a pound unlimited! Until now he registered more names for me and it all is working out fine, I like their platform it is very easy to navigate. The new names are still in the account, will keep you guys posted.

They send me this link to open a free account at: https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/domain-names/transfer-domains

Hope this helps,
Frans

Last edited:
•••
ok, see, I'm from the states, so it might take more time. We are in a hurry to claim a name and forget its another business trying to keep it straight for us all.

it is humorous, how anxious the individual is to claim the domain they want, but its also the companys responsibility to ease the customers anxiety over the purchase.

Last edited:
•••
ok, see, I'm from the states, so it might take more time. We are in a hurry to claim a name and forget its another business trying to keep it straight for us all.

it is humorous, how anxious the individual is to claim the domain they want, but its also the companys responsibility to ease the customers anxiety over the purchase.

ENOM have 3 .com domains for 0.98$ each promo...have you tried them?

•••
wow, whats the code for it?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back