DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

I have registered a few domains at FastHosts, using this promotion: £1 .com
Has anybody worked with them?
What are the UPs and DOWNs?

Best regards!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any country? Does it work on transfers? Single or multiple use? Thanks.

•••
don't tease us! pls give more information on this promo plssss I wuv u

•••
•••
•••
I've started using them, and so far purchased around 10 domains under this new promotion. User interface/dashboard is quite simple, easy to push internally without any hassle. Not sure about transfer out costs, as the majority of (dropped) domains I register (see below) are pushed.

Snap it up soon though as this promo won't be around for very long! Oh.. and you can sign up anywhere, you don't have to be in the UK - see below...

upload_2016-8-26_15-54-33.png

Last edited:
•••
i only see this? what's happen?
Image:_i.imgur.com/ydye3Gq.jpg

•••
•••
Hello!

I'm from Portugal and I was able to create an account and register a few domains using this promo.
I don't know what's happen? but I can't see my country in list, see this picture: _i.imgur.com/ydye3Gq.jpg

•••
Good god. Keep away from them. They are a nightmare when you wanna transfer away.

•••
I've started using them, and so far purchased around 10 domains under this new promotion. User interface/dashboard is quite simple, easy to push internally without any hassle. Not sure about transfer out costs, as the majority of (dropped) domains I register (see below) are pushed.

Snap it up soon though as this promo won't be around for very long! Oh.. and you can sign up anywhere, you don't have to be in the UK - see below...

Show attachment 37726

PayPal allowed?

•••
Good god. Keep away from them. They are a nightmare when you wanna transfer away.

Can't comment on this as I haven't transferred a domain out yet. Not really an issue for us as if you are a reseller, it's very easy to push internally (providing your end user has also registered!)

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you register .com, all country.
If you register .uk, you must from UK
that's why i can't see my country.

•••

Show attachment 37726
How many domains can be registered @ 1

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
It's saying an advisor will contact me to complete my order, hopefully it goes through!

•••
In their terms and conditions (www.fasthosts.co.uk/terms/acceptable-use-policy), under Acceptable use guidelines 2.1.4. it says:
You may not use the Services: to transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar marketing material, also known as SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial E-mail (UCE)

Does this mean that we are not allowed to register domain names with FastHosts and then contact companies that we feel could benefit from owning the domain?

•••
This would be great, if account creation was free (without purchase obligation). So I could push sold domains to customers with no hustle. This way they also have to purchase something to get account.

•••
•••
•••
Well the order of free service got through. But they needed my Paypal to establish paying connection (prepaying), and after that the message is that they will gonna call me on my mobile before account setup is finished.

No calls so far.

Also, it is said that my Paypal is unverified (?) and some buying restrictions will apply.

I just transfered some money from Paypal balance to my credit card, so it is definitely verified.

Will see what will happen. I canceled prepaying with them in my Paypal settings, just to be sure any unexpected costs will not emerge.

Last edited:
•••
Well the order of free service got through. But they needed my Paypal to establish paying connection (prepaying), and after that the message is that they will gonna call me on my mobile before account setup is finished.

No calls so far.

Also, it is said that my Paypal is unverified (?) and some buying restrictions will apply.

I just transfered some money from Paypal balance to my credit card, so it is definitely verified.

Will see what will happen. I canceled prepaying with them in my Paypal settings, just to be sure any unexpected costs will not emerge.
You will probably only get a call from 8 am GMT (UK). At least thats what hapened with me.

•••
I just got this in an email

Capture.jpg

Pretty shady business. I never got problems with my Paypal with any of other registrars.

I think they want to have unlimited access to my money on Paypal for "renewals". :D

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back