Dynadot

question Buy Now or Make Offer?...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
You have created your very own domain portfolio with landing pages linked to each of your domains. Is it better to list them all at Buy it Now, or Make Offer? Which is likely to encourage more sales?

What has been your experience?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a good mix is best. Here is why (imo) : names you may not care about longer term could be listed at a decent BIN to keep your inventory in the place you like it and still making some sales; names you believe may sell for more and are longer term holds could have a "Make Offer" to feel out the value to some end users.

•••
BIN priced names sell quicker if you price your names in the "sweet spot" ($200- up to $4000). I set BIN pricing for Geo names as I like to flip them, however for 90+% of my names I wait for inbound inquiries and price each name. I don't really care about the "make offer" fields bc most initial offers are low-ball $10-300 offers.
I use the Efty platform, to cut the middle man, sale commissions etc

•••
What has been your experience?

There is no doubt for me me...fixed price or give the option to rent/lease with a purchase option. EVERY 'make offer' that has come in the last 2 years was far too low. Not one was I able to get up close to the true value of the name.

Either they don't understand the benefit of a quality name or they are another domainer. Nothing wrong with the latter but the former is a waste of my time.

•••
BIN priced names sell quicker if you price your names in the "sweet spot" ($200- up to $4000). I set BIN pricing for Geo names as I like to flip them, however for 90+% of my names I wait for inbound inquiries and price each name. I don't really care about the "make offer" fields bc most initial offers are low-ball $10-300 offers.
I use the Efty platform, to cut the middle man, sale commissions etc

Hi! Quick question what is your preferred BIN price range for trades geo type domains?

•••
Hi! Quick question what is your preferred BIN price range for trades geo type domains?

It really depends on the domain and the trade.
3 word .com geos ie: CharlotteRoofingCompany.com I would ask $400-$500USD
2 word .com geos ie: CharlotteRoofing.com I would ask $3000-4000USD maybe more depending who's at the other end of the inquiry.....
It all boils down to quality of the name.

•••
thanks

Last edited:
•••
It really depends on the domain and the trade.
3 word .com geos ie: CharlotteRoofingCompany.com I would ask $400-$500USD
2 word .com geos ie: CharlotteRoofing.com I would ask $3000-4000USD maybe more depending who's at the other end of the inquiry.....
It all boils down to quality of the name.
Awesome! Thank you! Would you look at couple of my domains and tell me what you think? I can PM you

•••
Awesome! Thank you! Would you look at couple of my domains and tell me what you think? I can PM you
Sure...you can PM me. Ask specific questions, unless you want a GOOD/CRAP reply.

•••
Back