Dynadot

advice Fake name in Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

I never set out ot be a domainer but over time I have bought several domain names.
I am mostly a affiliate website developer and owner, and I have been buying good sounding domain for hobby but because i have way too many domains, I thought I will do some domaining to let it pay for the renewals.

And then I read a lot of stuff here and starting to love it and regret not doing it sooner.

But one problem started.

Since I own many domains and I didn't want people to associate my name with all the domains, for whatever weird reason, I opened multiple accounts in "fake names", as I also had multiple websites in same Niche, that had different persona writers.

I know fake names is not allowed, and in reality these are not really fake. Just my friends, mom, wife etc.

When I wanted to list a few domains to sale, I realized that I need to put my payment details.

1) Will it be a problem if I sell domain from my mother's account and put "my" details in the payment. I could put my mom's name but I don't want her to get into the hassle of foreign remittance and other banking regulations

2) Will it be problem with the registrar if I change the account details to mine? Name and everything

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
WHOIS details are not tied into the payment systems of marketplaces or payment processors, so the information listed in the WHOIS really doesn't matter when it comes to selling a domain name at a marketplace or brokerage. As long as you have access to the registrar account and ability to transfer the name you are good.

Last edited:
•••
WHOIS details are not tied into the payment systems of marketplaces or payment processors, so the information listed in the WHOIS really doesn't matter when it comes to selling a domain name at a marketplace or brokerage. As long as you have access to the registrar account and ability to transfer the name you are good.
So the registrars won't stiff me saying my account name and payee details are not the same :)
I was worried since I saw someone posted about brightnames blocking his account.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Just read, Now I get it..

he is mostly likely a PBN/Niche edit seller who buys expired domains and grabs content from archive.org
Lazy SEOs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back