IT.COM

domains Facebook Payments rebrands as Novi.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
David Marcus’s announcement on LinkedIn ... Today with Facebook becoming Meta, we're unifying our payments and financial services unit and products under the @novi brand (Novi.com). Let me unpack what this will mean across Meta.

We've been in the business of facilitating payments across our apps for over a decade, and we've processed over $100B in the last 12 months across our products. These experiences range from person-to-person payments in the US in Messenger, in Brazil and India in WhatsApp, enabling our donations product, facilitating checkout for merchants, enabling advertisers to easily buy ads, and now allowing cross-border payments with the Novi pilot. Some of these products are branded Facebook Pay, some are unbranded, and our wallet operates under the Novi brand. So over time, we will unify all existing and future payments and financial services experiences under the Novi brand. With this change, we're also transitioning our group name from F2 (Facebook Financial) to Novi.

novi.png

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Metapayments.co, which sold for a high price a few weeks ago, may not be a FB. They don't seem to be interested in payment(s) name. Now that is clear.

Last edited:
•••
i reckon facebook eg meta will create a digital assets liquidation platform as it understands digital assets because if we are waiting for banks to recognose digital assets as digital asset collateral we'll be waiting centuries unless a digital asset liqiidation crowdfunding platform allows the crowd to individually liquidate another persons digital assets etc which meta could do quite easily

•••
Metapayments.co, which sold for a high price a few weeks ago, may not be a FB. They don't seem to be interested in payment(s) name. Now that is clear.
I was thinking the same thing for names like metapayments.us. Probably just people speculating.

•••

So much speculation so little research...

MetaBank.com owner of MetaPay.com is most probably the buyer of MetaPayments.co

Meta is not exclusive to the metaverse or FB.

Attachments

• Meta_Payments_horizontal_tagline_full-color.png
    Meta_Payments_horizontal_tagline_full-color.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 105
•••
Rebranding will not gain trust as whatsapp payments market share is less than 1%

•••
Rebranding will not gain trust as whatsapp payments market share is less than 1%
Yeah but it will when everyone's a robot in the metaverse... 🤓

•••
Novipayments.com (*not mine*)
It seems to have been sold a few days ago.

Attachments

• img-211210-144837.png
    img-211210-144837.png
    25 KB · Views: 54
  • img-211213-205625.png
    img-211213-205625.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 56
•••
I own this domains:
Novi

noviapplication.com
noviplanet.com