Dynadot

discuss Facebook is Now META!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, what common sense tells you about this: when there is a TM from years ago for gaming industry for the word 'meta', do you think that FB can just start producing games for metaverse, using 'meta' without any legal issues? When there is a TM from years ago for the word 'meta' for machine learning, do you think that FB can be involved in this area by using 'meta' without any legal issues? I could go on and on, until I cover the full 1600 TM's and a few other thousands companies who were using the word for years, without applying for TM rights. Probably they will use it exactly how google is using 'alphabet, just in official papers, for the main stakeholders.

I don't have an answer for you, but trust me, they're lawyers thought of every single detail, otherwise the move would have never happened.

Again, I do agree that they it won't be easy to go after companies using Meta in their names from years ago, I don't think they will. But in terms of their future use/brand protection, their lawyers had it sorted out a long time ago..

•••
I don't have an answer for you, but trust me, they're lawyers thought of every single detail, otherwise the move would have never happened.

Again, I do agree that they it won't be easy to go after companies using Meta in their names from years ago, I don't think they will. But in terms of their future use/brand protection, their lawyers had it sorted out a long time ago..
Again, compare them to google, do you notice google going after somebody using 'abc' or 'alphabet'? It's exactly the same...it's one thing to defend 'google' and a totally different one to defend 'alphabet'.

•••
I think it`s a really wise step from corporate perspective. Legislators talk about need to divide different Facebook`s (Meta) parts to individual companies. When this happens, social media can be divided so it doesn´t loose it`s face and have a serious negative influence to Metaverse development can be avoided.

•••
Again, compare them to google, do you notice google going after somebody using 'abc' or 'alphabet'? It's exactly the same...it's one thing to defend 'google' and a totally different one to defend 'alphabet'.
It's not the same thing, Google isn't building a product called alphabet, but Facebook is building a metaverse and they call it the meta

•••
Looks like you are not really informed about this stuff and even how legal TM's work. FB will be busy defending their own name, because of the over 1600 TM's rights involving the word 'meta', prior to facebooks 'meta' and after thousands of companies are using the term in their name lot's of years before this. FB could not sue anything, probably just excluding a social network named 'meta'.

Yeah, meta is still from Facebook :v

Meta+Word ? no, just Meta (.com, .org)

Last edited:
•••
It's not the same thing, Google isn't building a product called alphabet, but Facebook is building a metaverse and they call it the meta
No, in their metaverse, Facebook will be Facebook, Instagram will be the same, they will have metaoculus, metaquest and so on, the only 'meta' will be their entire company, the mother company, exactly like Google, the only difference will be that they intend to involve more in the brand awareness the word 'meta', the company name, but they will not use it for something specific, they said it already.

Last edited:
•••
Are they going to apply for a .brand TLD now?

•••
Anyone know what this is? I was checking a domain & it redirected to this internalfb.com

It looks like it's somehow related to fb workplace but not exactly sure

Last edited:
•••
haven't seen any comments around here about a Meta Watch.. (I can't post links)

•••
well its official..np is infested with 4553455 meta sale threads... useless crap like usual.. what are u thinking

•••
Looks like you are not really informed about this stuff and even how legal TM's work. FB will be busy defending their own name, because of the over 1600 TM's rights involving the word 'meta', prior to facebooks 'meta' and after thousands of companies are using the term in their name lot's of years before this. FB could not sue anything, probably just excluding a social network named 'meta'.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/me...of-stealing-meta-name-and-livelihood.1257456/

one day you will understand

•••
Last edited:
•••
I'm not particularly concerned about Facebook's new name Meta or whatsoever. What matters most to me is its contents and how it affects our daily lives.

•••
This is a joke right?
1643980340031.jpeg

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back