IT.COM

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any recent news? Those are sales from over a year ago. How is the current situation?

oh wow talk about old news.. but hey at least he didnt give salsa from 50yr ago...

•••
I considered investing in XYZ a while ago when I had an opportunity to acquire one of the best single-words you could think of. I reached out to an acquittance for advice, as this person is a fairly well known "protégé" of Swetha and was publicly very bullish about XYZ in the past including on NamePros. He told me not to buy it, and that he now believes XYZ is borderline junk. I was shocked! Could he have come to the same conclusion as Mike Mann?

•••
As ~98% of registered domains never sell the only thing a professional domainer should publicly say when a sale is reported is Congrats! The question the industry should focus on at this time is; How to 'sell' more.

Domaining is still new. People are shocked when a name sells for millions... so its easy to caste the shadow of doubt on big sales, and not much bias framing can easily 'suspect' the sales person.

IMO, domainers attempting to publicly tarnish the sales of others debase the trade, like those that smear domainers as squatters.

If public proof is the measure, virtually every sale is suspect.

But, in The Domain Game. Playing games with names is the business.

•••
They lack the ability to research using Google and use logical reasoning. Good thing is I'll debunk you below using Google and logic..

Just a question, why in the world would you even bother looking up these sales? They are all single word domains that sold for under $20k (with the exception of Paramount which is high for obvious reasons). All these sales would be totally believable to any domain investor. These have no correlation with the "high end" sales Mike is talking about and your research actually supports Mike's claims more than you've "debunked" Mike's claims.

I came into this conversation neutral, but after looking at your research I'm leaving thinking maybe Mike & Rick were possibly on to something.

From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake.

It is evident that Swetha haters have one thing in common. They lack the ability to research using Google and use logical reasoning. Good thing is I'll debunk you below using Google and logic..

Firstly I posted Crunchbase links because posting multiple links for each would make it too long. Also so people can see they're actual real companies and people can get context into what type of funding they got. Every company I posted can be verified by doing a bit of digging to find social profiles of founders, interviews etc.

Part 1

You say Kevin Rose's connection with Chia doesn't exist because it doesn't show on the Crunchbase, but right on the first page of Google after searching (Kevin Rose Chia), you will find a transcript from an interview he did with Tim Ferris where he talks about Chia.

Then you say he never mentioned it in his portfolio. But on the interview I have linked below he's says he's an investor at Chia Network via his company TrueVentures.com. Then if you go on the True Ventures website, you'll find an article where it is in fact mentioned. Checkmate..

Chia had raised like $70 million by the time of the $3995 purchase of chia.xyz. The actual founder is Bram Cohen, the founder of BitTorrent. Chia actually uses chia.net and in a normal scenario they'd redirect the .xyz to their live site not an individual investor which even solidifies the proof of the sale happening to Kevin Rose himself. It's common knowledge that Kevin uses .xyz for his crypto related projects like moonbirds.xyz & proof.xyz

Quote about his investment here on Tim Ferris Podcast in 2021: https://tim.blog/2021/08/20/random-show-kevin-rose-nft-crypto-transcript/

And here's Kevin Rose talking about Chia on Twitter before the launch in 2021:

True ventures (Kevin Rose company website) talking about Chia in 2018: https://trueventures.com/blog/chia-network-digital-currency

Checkmate.

Part 2

Also out of 54 I posted, you choose 4 that redirect as your evidence that it's fake? Laughable. Most of the others that I link to have developed sites and are linked on their Crunchbase profile. For the others you'd have to dive deep and do more investigation like I do..

Also there are more than 54 & soon in another post, I'll show more..

I chose to mainly link to Crunchbase when possible so people who can't believe the sales due to whatever reason, most commonly the belief that xyz is ugly, spam whatever can see funding rounds of these companies, which makes them realise that a company who verifiably got funded millions can afford to spend $50k on a domain extension that is popular in their niche.

Now you can think it's stupid to buy xyz, monkey picture NFTs, dog named crypto coins or whatever but the fact is there are people with huge budgets who like these things.

Some of the ones I mentioned which don't list the domain on Crunchbase and may require additional digging because I'm not here to spoon-feed people with every little detail:

Mesh.xyz ($9888)- I linked to the consensys main Crunchbase profile. Here's the mesh profile. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/consensys-mesh

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/consensys-mesh/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConsenSysMesh

Paramount.xyz ($45,000)- I linked to the main paramount Crunchbase.
The website shows powered by recur.com.
Press release by paramount: https://ir.paramount.com/news-relea...comcbs-enters-strategic-nft-partnership-recur

Recur Twitter talking about .xyz website:
Dragonfly.xyz ($19,888)- I linked to Crunchbase which shows the website as https://dcp.capital which actually redirects to dragonfly.xyz

But if you literally visit the website it shows you their social profiles which use .xyz

Twitter: https://twitter.com/dragonfly_xyz
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dragonfly-capital-partners/

Fractional.xyz ($14,888)- I linked to the Crunchbase which shows tessera.co. A little digging shows it was rebranded from Fractional to Tessera. The Crunchbase link slug literally says fractional. They are well known in the NFT space. They were initially using fractional.art before switching to fractional.xyz then rebranding.

Rebrand news: https://fortune.com/crypto/2022/08/17/nfts-fractional-tessera-paradigm-20-million-funding-round/

Tessera tweet about rebrand:

You can follow the same process of extensive research for any of the names I posted above to find evidence of end users.

Part 3

Regarding your islands, objects, pallet & clubhouse claim of redirects making them fake, here's my response.

Pallet.xyz ($4888)- They actually used to operate on xyz before they bought .com and started redirecting .xyz. So you just checkmate yourself there. Just search on twitter and you will see that every link before 2022 is pallet.xyz even from the official Twitter account.

Pallet tweet:
Islands.xyz ($3495)- Here's Tiffany Zhong, the co-founder talking about islands on twitter. It was once active, but now redirects to todaytoday.app. Also she only follows one account on twitter right now which is the profile of todaytoday.app
Objects.xyz ($6000)- Jason Toff is currently building rooms.xyz publicly via his company things.inc. There's no direct claim of using objects.xyz for a standalone website. It only redirects to things.inc. Obviously if it was bought just to secure the word and redirect, there won't be any mention of it but all evidence points to him owning it.

Why I think he bought it? He talks a lot about 3D objects for example here:
And in this article on meta.com as he's an ex FB & Google dev: He actually helped Google launch a project called Poly Objects (discontinued project) as he was the AR/VR lead..

Article link: https://www.meta.com/en-gb/blog/quest/google-launches-blocks-on-rift/

This was the link to the poly project in the meta article: vr.google.com/objects

Guess what, the URL linked in the meta article ends in OBJECTS. And rooms.xyz is a continuation of the vision of this project via his company as Google shut Poly down..

He talks more about Poly and 3D objects here:
Quote from meta article about 3D objects:

Clubhouse.xyz ($4995)- I can't find much and I assumed it was simply a redirect, to .com but I found this tweet from 2021 where a clubhouse user was asked how they got a screenshot for analytics of their room & they linked to monitor.clubhouse.xyz

Clubhouse monitoring tools were a big thing and it only seems logical they had their own tool.

Tweet: https://twitter.com/LcswNidhi/status/1406703771405664259

Do you want me to spoon-feed you with more research?

•••
There should be a question or two that Swetha should be able to answer to put this to rest....versus guessing. Then if/when this topic returns, just point to the question or two and her response to save everyone who is curious or guessing time.

•••
I am unsure of the veracity of either side's claims without substantial evidence. However, if concrete evidence were to emerge supporting one party over the other, I would readily provide my full support to the party proven to be truthful and will forward my Dick.xyz to one lying.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Plus one, minus the Dick.xyz thing because I don't have any xyz.

•••
Time to Think Outside the Blocks, Gentlemen...

Show attachment 240099
This thread was a most interesting read -

Thank You All !

You have been distracted by XYZ

I follow Lottery.com ticker symbol LTRY

The company owns lottery.com AND sports.com

( for which they paid six million - if you believe... )

Their share price CRASHED to eight cents a share

they have fifty million shares issued and outstanding

so this gives them a market cap of Four Million

Deflation has arrived, and the Dot Com Bubble

has only just begun to burst - so I am OUT, Gentlemen !

Cheers !

I have no idea how the quoted (Saturday) "bubble" post relates to this abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz thread, and knowing it's doubtful namePros investors effected the Lottery.com stock, I just found it worth noting that today (Monday) the next trading day following said "bubble" post, that $LTRY jumped 51%.

1686637802560.png

Last edited:
•••
Hey Astner, I do get what you are saying and understand your suspicions.... I am not trying to argue, just sharing my opinion.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am choosing to be optimistic and believe that Swetha is for real and making the sales. She is doing something right that is helping her make the sales....

and like I said.... maybe Swetha is connected to people who know people and get intros to those in need of domain names.

I am making assumptions about her way of doing business... and what may be the *thing* that gives her an edge, to get that sale.

Maybe, she is studying the markets, business, financial, startup sectors, trade venues.... etc. Swetha may be finding niches, startups, and people that are getting ready to do something....

Somehow, she is finding opportunities where she can sell her domains. Much like a reporter who gets the scoop before someone else does....
Don't get me wrong, I also think most sales are real. But that's because she's catering to the crypto/NFT/web3 crowd on twitter, promoting posts like this gem right here:

ZBhciAa.png

This is of course not something unusual in this community where people are encouraged to "cease the moment" and invest their life savings into a new coin, or some new NFT-project, with the prospect of selling it a few months later for ten times the amount they paid for it.

Some people buy .xyz domains for scam projects, trying to capitalize on the hype established with .xyz as a gateway into web3 and whatnot (because a lot of people seem to be under the impression that .xyz is decentralized), and some might buy them for investment purposes like they do with NFT:s, thinking that the price-tags on Swetha's site are warranted.

You may certainly attribute it to cunning, but let's not pretend it's anymore than sensationalist spam on social media directed at a group known to be frivolous with money.

And let's not forget, the recent top sales all belong to Swetha.

MtHYgzo.png

Last edited:
•••
looks like she now has to top $200,000 this year or she will lose the mo-mo crowd -

and they won't just stop buying...

•••
I have no idea how the quoted (Saturday) "bubble" post relates to this abcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz thread, and knowing it's doubtful namePros investors effected the Lottery.com stock, I just found it worth noting that today (Monday) the next trading day following said "bubble" post, that $LTRY jumped 51%.

Show attachment 240310
It might be Namepros investors after all. Based on the fact that the company had a Market Cap of $4mil, but owned more than $4mil in domains (just between the 2 mentioned here). I'm not in the US, but if I were, I probably would have seriously considered buying some stock.

•••
This has never been about facts, truth, or reality.

No amount of proof that Swetha and her sales are real will stop these idiotic attacks.
Like coming forward on video or being a participant in something she has to speak on? I do believe most people that have that accomplishment cannot be proven. Huge LOL

•••
people think that xyzs are good because of Sweetha so that may have played a role in your sale
I sold WhoisPrivacy.xyz for $72 here, at NamePros Auctions.

•••
maybe when u got 20k most sellable 1word etc names even if in pretty.crappy extension like xyz then u get luxury of having 5 and 6figure sales few times per month. even so make no mistake about it this is only happeing to a single person on earth. not 2 or 20. its.just human nature to queston something that's happening to one person on earth.
That and the good names like bike.xyz have no value outside of hers. The S.S. Swetha is high in the Gulf while other so called great .xyz names are about to sink in a pond.

The all boats rise didnt work in this case. If .xyz super duper premiums are that it wouldn't take corporations to just be buying it would be going up universally in my opinion!

•••
The prudent keep their knowledge to themselves, but a fool’s heart blurts out folly.
(Proverbs 12:23)
Surely it's the fool's mouth that blurts out folly...?

Last edited:
•••
Tldr: Some people are just overly obsessed with others.

Last edited:
•••
whoops. Wrong place

Last edited:
•••
I was excited today to see Godaddy.com increased appraisal for the XYZ extension.

appraisal GD cargo xyz.jpg

•••
•••
•••
I usually see her selling and always thinking about who is buying them and how they are gonna use these domains. I have never seen major sites which have extensions xyz

•••
Why do you wasting the time to know what's your neighbor is doing?
Stop being nosy and spend the time to market your name.
She did not cheat or scam anyone so why wasting the time to do the investigation.
This is not fair to her and this is how you lose money because what she did is none of your business.
Mod should close this thread. Why let everyone humiliate a member?

Last edited:
•••
You all have too much time and energy to spend on someone else.

Instead focus on yourself.

•••
You all have too much time and energy to spend on someone else.

Instead focus on yourself.
Please focus on yourself instead of focussing on people focussing on other people.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back