Dynadot

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i ignore the op of political thread and epik thread enamebroker
Its kind of relaxing.
I have no previous pm’s with swetha lots from others regarding xyz we were counting the days back then me and chris R. Swetha Has a name I sold him

•••
There is a .one sale now on namebio. $9888usd.

Portfolio size of .one = 50. Talk about winning the lottery.

Ok, there is a chance the person arrived through one of the many .xyz domains and thought, F it, I'm going to spend 10k on that .one domain. Not even going to make an offer, it's the one...

...nah ;)

Last edited:
•••
Mike Mann tries to sell trademark infringing names like GoogleGods.com for 40k and that's the person people are trusting?

I thought one of the NameBio guys actually logged into Swetha's Afternic account and screenshot all of the sales history?
He ran into trouble with "Facebook" domains in the past, but if you search his website there are still many domains with "Google", "Microsoft", etc.

I made the same comment on this article from 2011 -

https://domainnamewire.com/2011/05/25/mike-mann-ordered-to-transfer-21-domains-to-facebook/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There is a .one sale now on namebio. $9888usd.

Portfolio size of .one = 50. Talk about winning the lottery.

Ok, there is a chance the person arrived through one of the many .xyz domains and thought, F it, I'm going to spend 10k on that .one domain. Not even going to make an offer, it's the one...

...nah ;)
wat?

Some you people's theories are so ridiculous I feel there would be no hope for naming if left to you.

Thankfully, end users disagree.

•••
•••
So people still think she isn't a real person after this?
It's to the point where people will go as far as saying it was all ai or something.

She could literally be standing in front of mann or the jack domainer guy, close a sale in front of their eyes and then it will be "But but this is a hologram prove is not a hologram".

Best to just let some narratives fade away.

•••
wat?

Some you people's theories are so ridiculous I feel there would be no hope for naming if left to you.

Thankfully, end users disagree.

Nah, if one of my clients wanted a name and the best I could produce for a few thousand was Stealth then I better close up shop.

But naming and domaining are at two ends of a very long stick, so not sure what your point is here is?

Let me guess, you got some single word .one domains so this reported sale works for you. More power, but doesn't change that it is an outlier in an average quality extension that has no other reported traction.

EDIT

For reference this and the previous post is regarding the domain sale of stealth .one.

Anonymous downvotes have become a bane of this forum in pushing a perception. But then I guess that is the domain industry in a nutshell.

Last edited:
•••
Mike Mann tries to sell trademark infringing names like GoogleGods.com for 40k and that's the person people are trusting?

I thought one of the NameBio guys actually logged into Swetha's Afternic account and screenshot all of the sales history?
I believe he did that since the name would be considered "fair use".

But like any name with or without keyword of partial/full TM,
it is the content that would decide in that case.

It would be like saying in a name... ihategoogle.com - fair use unless you confuse the mark.
Nobody would think that site belong to or represented google.

google does not have exclusive ownership of the word, but the name in how it is used with certain goods and services.
Something like googlesearch.com or googlegodssearch would likely be direct infringement.
You would be incorporating one of their services with the mark.

Last edited:
•••
I believe he did that since the name would be considered "fair use".

But like any name with or without keyword of partial/full TM,
it is the content that would decide in that case.

It would be like saying in a name... ihategoogle.com - fair use unless you confuse the mark.
Nobody would think that site belong to or represented google.

google does not have exclusive ownership of the word, but the name in how it is used with certain goods and services.
Something like googlesearch.com or googlegodssearch would likely be direct infringement.
You would be incorporating one of their services with the mark.
How about MicrosoftBrowser.com or GoogleMicrosoft.com. Those are listed on there as well. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How about MicrosoftBrowser.com or GoogleMicrosoft.com. Those are listed on there as well. :ROFL:

Brad
Doesn't that exist? It's called Microsoft Edge.

•••
Out of 200 or so domains that I've sold over the years, I think maybe 5-6 have ever actually had any kind of development on them. But I've never sold domains for 10k let alone 100k. One would expect the development rate to be higher and on a good chunk of these xyz sales there is development.

Have any of the skeptics actually taken the time to check all of the twitter feeds for these 5-page websites? Caldera, EarlyBird and Socrates were supposed to be 3 of the names that were sold according to another thread. Caldera looks like the Twitter has some activity (more frequent than my business uses Twitter). Twitter isn't the end all judge of websites but I think if you were to look at some websites that popped up on domain sales from 2022 or 2021, if their twitter accounts still have some sort of activity, that ought to lend more credibility. But maybe not since I have a business that does over 7 figures USD annually and I don't really use Twitter ever.

•••
Presupposing it's true wouldn't those sales only account for the sales that have been made on Afternic? Swetha primarily uses his own site for sales.

•••
Presupposing it's true wouldn't those sales only account for the sales that have been made on Afternic? Swetha primarily uses his own site for sales.
Actually, a high percentage of her reported sales are through Afternic and DAN.

E.g.:

1689045103357.png

1689045033696.png

1689044987132.png

•••
https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

TLDR version: the CEO of NameBio.com logged in to Swetha's Afternic account to actually verify these sales and the sales were indeed real.

These are real sales, why do you waste your time and energy with these nonsense threads? You'd better spend your time on acquiring and selling some domain names for real dollars instead of gossiping.

•••
•••
We all still post, we all still give relevance. Only way to not is to ignore a thread.

But then, flat earth lovers would have a heyday.
https://namebio.com/blog/swethas-sales-the-truth-may-shock-you/

TLDR version: the CEO of NameBio.com logged in to Swetha's Afternic account to actually verify these sales and the sales were indeed real.

These are real sales, why do you waste your time and energy with these nonsense threads? You'd better spend your time on acquiring and selling some domain names for real dollars instead of gossiping.

•••
But these sales aren't confirmed by Afternic, they're confirmed by Sweatha.

8gGfa39.png
You can stop intentionally misspelling her name anytime now Asstner.

•••
But these sales aren't confirmed by Afternic, they're confirmed by Sweatha.

8gGfa39.png
Ah, yeah. Because Afternic doesn't announce any sales.
However, the sales HAVE been confirmed by a third party, which is more than happens for 95% of the sales announced in the Report Completed Domain Sales thread.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I wonder if it's to Kim.com.

Update: I just visited the site and it's just another site about monkey pictures. Dumb.
If there's any legit criticism of xyz it's that it hasn't fully utilised its use cases outside of crypto and NFTs. I've mentioned before (somewhere) that the extension would be great for:
- education (esp literacy, math and music education - imagine Duolingo.xyz / LearnToSpell.xyz)
- gaming (esp puzzles)
- signage
- traffic, travel and transport
- Engineering
- Science, medicine, biotech and genomics which use acronyms and formulas.
- And general tech unrelated to crypto

But no, the buyers for now seem to focus on building the civilization-changing products that are monkey jpegs...

Last edited:
•••
If there's any legit criticism of xyz it's that it hasn't fully utilised its use cases outside of crypto and NFTs

Two very special fields... ripe with... you know.

•••
•••
With what?

Do I really need to specify...?

Pump and dump, whale scoop, false claims, hype and bust.

Note: Unfortunately so. Ideas are great and could be world-transforming, but too many jumped in to make some ridiculous money quick at the expense of the whole thing.

•••
Do I really need to specify...?

Pump and dump, whale scoop, false claims, hype and bust.

Note: Unfortunately so. Ideas are great and could be world-transforming, but too many jumped in to make some ridiculous money quick at the expense of the whole thing.

Yep. A lot of short termist thinking. Even Margot from BB said in her DomainNameWire interview how the spike in ngtld sales (which one can assume refers to xyz) was due to crypto and DeFi companies thinking only about getting acquired quickly/pumped with vc juice regardless of whether they had a working website / product (which might also explsin why a proportion of xyz sales didn't result in a live, fully developed website).

Margot also mentioned that now that the vc money has dried up, tech businesses are thinking more long term about their model (in case they want to pivot) and (by extension - no pun intended) their name.

https://domainnamewire.com/2023/07/10/brandable-domains-with-margot-bushnaq-dnw-podcast-443/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back