Dynadot

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
VIVRE you should not dislike ,some cultures are different ,no discrimination here ,please we are all equal

Last edited:
•••
You're missing my point. I'm not interested in (the success of) other sellers, I don't care whether those sales are real or not. What I care about is whether or not .xyz domains are valuable.

You may argue that they are valuable based off Swetha's sales. But that's not necessarily true. It could be that Swetha is just a really good salesman (or saleswoman) getting in contact with the right people and giving them the right sales pitch. It could also be a marketing ploy by Generation to promote their extension. We don't know.

What we do now is that one seller is supposedly making more money off .xyz domains than all other sellers combined, which is not only unusual: it's unique! So some healthy skepticism is warranted.

If you want to invest in .xyz-domains that's fine, but I'd advice doing some thorough digging beforehand.

I have pointed out the uniqueness of the situation in the past.

Just to clarify though -

- I own 0 .XYZ.
- I have no interest in .XYZ.
- I am not a fan of Daniel Negari, for a number of reasons.

I am more than willing to took at actual evidence, but what I have seen is basically just speculation.

Many of the claims involve things like "the domain isn't developed", "she won't video chat with me", etc. Those are not compelling arguments to me.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
What we do now is that one seller is supposedly making more money off .xyz domains than all other sellers combined, which is not only unusual: it's unique! So some healthy skepticism is warranted.

Maybe it's because "that" seller is holding more than 20,000 premium .xyz domain names compared to rest of the sellers?

•••
Maybe it's because "that" seller is holding more than 20,000 premium .xyz domain names compared to rest of the sellers?
No, you're misreading the page. There are 10 domains per page, and there are 22,431 pages. That's 224,301 - 224,310 domains. And this is what's so sketchy, because premium .xyz have higher renewal fees (some upwards $1,000/year). Which means that we're looking at tens of millions in renewal fees.

And again, look at the premium domains that others are selling...

f3AferP.png

How is marino.xyz over than a hundred times more valuable than sale.xyz? Or qr.xyz?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something isn't quite right with all this.

•••
No, you're misreading the page. There are 10 domains per page, and there are 22,431 pages. That's 224,301 - 224,310 domains. And this is what's so sketchy, because premium .xyz have higher renewal fees (some upwards $1,000/year). Which means that we're looking at tens of millions in renewal fees.

And again, look at the premium domains that others are selling...

Show attachment 239944

How is marino.xyz over than a hundred times more valuable than sale.xyz? Or qr.xyz?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that something isn't quite right with all this.
One of these is not like the others, ill let you guess.

sale.xyz - $3500 renewal
qr.xyz - $3000 renewal
bp.xyz - $3000 renewal
fears.xyz - $750 renewal
marino.xyz - $15 renewal

Last edited:
•••

sale.xyz - $3500 renewal
qr.xyz - $3000 renewal
bp.xyz - $3000 renewal
fears.xyz - $750 renewal
marino.xyz - $15 renewal
Fair enough. But if Swetha are balancing the prices against the renewal fees, then why are these domains priced as they are?

LFX8DGh.png

•••
The 500 most visited sites on the web
https://moz.com/top500

I was surprised at the number of .me domains in the top 500. More than 25 extensions in the top 500, but no .xyz sites that I saw,

•••
So many people are hung up on her domains selling for e.g., $80k. We all understand this is peanuts to a VC backed startup, right?

I don't know Swetha, but it's not hard at all for me to believe a startup would buy a great keyword .xyz for that price range.

I sell xyz domains all the time. Not for big numbers like her sales, but people do buy xyz names.

What a strange conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
•••
Fair enough. But if Swetha are balancing the prices against the renewal fees, then why are these domains priced as they are?

LFX8DGh.png
So, a lot of these domains are clearly as good or better than many .XYZ registry "premium" domains.

However, I believe @DNGear said she only deals in domains with standard renewals.

One of these sales would pay for an awful lot of standard renewals.

I looked up the archived WHOIS on these, and many have been in her name for years...well before .XYZ introduced "premium" renewals.

.XYZ introducing "premium" renewal fees would tend to help high quality terms that don't carry them.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The 500 most visited sites on the web
https://moz.com/top500

I was surprised at the number of .me domains in the top 500. More than 25 extensions in the top 500, but no .xyz sites that I saw,
Cause nobody's using them and certainly nobody trusts them.

•••
Everyone's mind seems made up. You can't convince the other side.

Let's just close the thread.

•••

sale.xyz - $3500 renewal
qr.xyz - $3000 renewal
bp.xyz - $3000 renewal
fears.xyz - $750 renewal
marino.xyz - $15 renewal
But wait a minute - what about all the money supposedly raised by the companies using .xyz? If you raise millions, $3500 a year in renewal fees is peanuts.

So in theory, the renewals wouldn’t be a hindrance to these startups.

I’d much rather own Sale or any 2L vs Marino…

Last edited:
•••
For the record, "XYZ.COM LLC" also operates the following:

.audio
.auto
.autos
.baby
.beauty
.boats
.car
.cars
.christmas
.college
.diet
.flowers
.game
.guitars
.hair
.homes
.hosting
.lat
.lol
.makeup
.mom
.monster
.motorcycles
.pics
.protection
.quest
.rent
.security
.skin
.storage
.theatre
.tickets
.yachts

Source: https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db

So, folks who appreciate their marketing efforts might want to consider investing in the above TLDs as well. And those who don't might want to avoid all the above TLDs together. Just imho.

In any case, Mike Mann is one of the industry pioneers (~30 years around), so he has a lot of experience and intuition.

P.S. extra ref.: The Dunning–Kruger effect

Last edited:
•••
Hey Astner, I do get what you are saying and understand your suspicions.... I am not trying to argue, just sharing my opinion.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am choosing to be optimistic and believe that Swetha is for real and making the sales. She is doing something right that is helping her make the sales....

and like I said.... maybe Swetha is connected to people who know people and get intros to those in need of domain names.

I am making assumptions about her way of doing business... and what may be the *thing* that gives her an edge, to get that sale.

Maybe, she is studying the markets, business, financial, startup sectors, trade venues.... etc. Swetha may be finding niches, startups, and people that are getting ready to do something....

Somehow, she is finding opportunities where she can sell her domains. Much like a reporter who gets the scoop before someone else does.... 🤪

•••
It is clear some minds were made up long before xyz started selling. At its core, this is not about healthy skepticism.

•••
Time to Think Outside the Blocks, Gentlemen...

VIRO-think-outside-the-blocks-LoGo.png

This thread was a most interesting read -

Thank You All !

You have been distracted by XYZ

I follow Lottery.com ticker symbol LTRY

The company owns lottery.com AND sports.com

( for which they paid six million - if you believe... )

Their share price CRASHED to eight cents a share

they have fifty million shares issued and outstanding

so this gives them a market cap of Four Million

Deflation has arrived, and the Dot Com Bubble

has only just begun to burst - so I am OUT, Gentlemen !

Cheers !

•••
Time to Think Outside the Blocks, Gentlemen...

Show attachment 240099
This thread was a most interesting read -

Thank You All !

You have been distracted by XYZ

I follow Lottery.com ticker symbol LTRY

The company owns lottery.com AND sports.com

( for which they paid six million - if you believe... )

Their share price CRASHED to eight cents a share

they have fifty million shares issued and outstanding

so this gives them a market cap of Four Million

Deflation has arrived, and the Dot Com Bubble

has only just begun to burst - so I am OUT, Gentlemen !

Cheers !
The dot com bubble has started to burst? Lol

Last edited:
•••
I think Mike Mann's claim is true, based on my domaining knowledge/intuition from time in this business, and thanks to being able to think outside the box.
First and foremost, the circumstantial evidence highly suggests many of swetha's .xyz sales are fake: too many sites are undeveloped, exorbitant successful buy-now sales, and other patterns. Secondly, mr. Mann is an industry veteran who knows what he's talking about, partly because (IMHO and others' opinion too) - he too inflates his sales figures and knows well how this stuff works (oh, the irony. But that's a subject of its own) - and of course neither "swetha" nor mr. Negari came forward to disprove this (unfortunately it appears to be too big of a hole to turn back from now, but let's hope there's still a fair way).

The importance of this information is high, because many domainers rely on reported sale data in their purchasing and renewals of xyz and other domains. Thus, the domaining community should be thankful for such discussions and always look into these things. It's serious stuff.
Therefore, domainers wishing to end this thread in any way are not only doing injustice to free speech, but to themselves too. Are you too emotionally and/or financially invested in that extension to want to beleive otherwise?

Last edited:
•••
I think Mike Mann's claim is true, based on my domaining knowledge/intuition from time in this business, and thanks to being able to think outside the box.
First and foremost, the circumstantial evidence highly suggests many of swetha's .xyz sales are fake: too many sites are undeveloped, exorbitant successful buy-now sales, and other patterns. Secondly, mr. Mann is an industry veteran who knows what he's talking about, partly because (IMHO and others' opinion too) - he too inflates his sales figures and knows well how this stuff works (oh, the irony. But that's a subject of its own) - and of course neither "swetha" nor mr. Negari came forward to disprove this (unfortunately it appears to be too big of a hole to turn back from now, but let's hope there's still a fair way).

The importance of this information is high, because many domainers rely on reported sale data in their purchasing and renewals of xyz and other domains. Thus, the domaining community should be thankful for such discussions and always look into these things. It's serious stuff.
Therefore, domainers wishing to end this thread in any way are not only doing injustice to free speech, but to themselves too. Are you too emotionally and/or financially invested in that extension to want to beleive otherwise?
What happens if she starts selling her dictionary word .Pro names (check her site)?
Will that raise suspicions and accusations of collusion against the registry that owns the .pro extention?

Or will it be all ok, so long as she sells her .pros no higher than the 7-9k range (as they're currently priced)?

You could use the same 'it smells fishy' argument for anyone selling large volumes of names for big numbers, ranging from .com to .ai, to .top

Last edited:
•••
The prudent keep their knowledge to themselves, but a fool’s heart blurts out folly.
(Proverbs 12:23)

•••
What happens if she starts selling her dictionary word .Pro names (check her site)?
Will that raise suspicions and accusations of collusion against the registry that owns the .pro extention?

Or will it be all ok, so long as she sells her .pros no higher than the 7-9k range (as they're currently priced)?

You could use the same 'it smells fishy' argument for anyone selling large volumes of names for big numbers, ranging from .com to .ai, to .top
To determine if there's a collusion, you have to look at many factors, not just the sales number.
The .pro extension does not (and certainly will not) have any market. If an anonymous domainer started reporting 5-figure .pro sales regularly (to hard-to-track buyers), while others with comparable .pro dictionary names hardly made 4-figure sales (or even 3-fig?), then yes it would be a valid reason for suspicion. People make up stories, for financial motives, and the domain industry isn't excluded from this. I recall someone making a ridiuclous claim of high-cost sales of some random extension (may have been .top actually) - and a quick look at the registry showed that the strongest dictionary words were available to hand-reg at that extension - which weaken that user's credibility at the very least.
Every case is different, and each .com sale is unique of course, but as opposed to .com and other aged & popular extensions, .xyz feels very centralized, and for the reasons others mentioned above, its hype may have been created in deceptive manners. Personally, I've bought about a dozen .xyz for $1 and never renewed them, so it didn't hurt me much, but other domainers probably have had different experiences.

•••
i dunno, i used to respect Mike Mann. But him pulling this makes no sense. Isn't he a multi millionaire? why is he hurt that DN Gear found a way to make it in the domaining world into the millionaires field?

I thought some domainers would be scummy, but i didn't expect to see it in the higher levels, like wow.

DNGear has spoken personally and via voice call with people from 2016+. She's literally a woman from India who has been friendly to those of us who have met her. I never chatted iwth her on that level but @wormfood did on skype.

So for Mike Mann to be true, then Daniel would have had to have been LARPing as an Indian woman using voice changers on NP 7 years before his "scam" takes place... hahaahhahaahah

some people even have experience with watching Swetha's rise, like that one guy who said he noticed her buying up all the xyz auctions througout the years....

I like how Mike mann just throws something out there with 0 evidence for 0 reason besides "oh no, i feel threatened xyz is actually taking a piece of the action"

•••
“Explosive” claim about Swetha and XYZ…. Thread number 572 here on NP’s. 🥱

Its been hashed rehashed and still zero proof ever provided against validity and plenty for of proof, receipts development, India meetup etc.

Even Kate Buckley facilitated an xyz sale from Swetha. NameBio logged into her Afternic account. Nothing will ever appease the naysayers and you know what- nobody cares what old withered domainers think. We care about our own sales.

This thread is just yet another desperate plea for attention/clickbait with no evidence provided.

I don’t care about XYZ as I invest in coms. Those obsessed about this topic have issues and yeah that includes Mann.

•••
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!
I've long suspected this and I believe dot Top does it as well. I don't trust any dot top or XYZ sales reported.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back