IT.COM

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update: I just visited the site and it's just another site about monkey pictures. Dumb.

When you put yourself in other generation's shoes (12 - 18 year old & on jet fuel 22 - 26 y old)... you'll understand the meaning of web3's "We are building cool shit" and try to look at a VCs fundings & Indigo paper-money injectors (+taxwax) EXPERIMENTAL investment from a different angle. In case of Mega ... more is about "entertainment-movement" than pix ape. Research / DD.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
When you put yourself in other generation's shoes (12 - 18 year old & on jet fuel 22 - 26 y old)... you'll understand the meaning of web3's "We are building cool shit" and try to look at a VCs fundings & Indigo paper-money injectors (+taxwax) EXPERIMENTAL investment from a different angle. In case of Mega ... more is about "entertainment-movement" than pix ape. Research / DD.

Regards
'Thanks, this ones comment is why they are on ignored! ( which I had to peek at, given your comment)...so many just don't get...but they also aren't "in it"!

LFG!

•••
Last edited:
•••
This is not specific to .XYZ, but just in general.

I don't really understand why people report LTO sales, especially ones on long terms.

Payment plans often go sideways.

I personally won't report any sales until the final payment is received, whether it is a one-time payment or on a payment plan.

Brad

"Payment plans often go sideways."

Exactly think about Credit Card companies, LTO retailers, mortgage lenders, etc., who never receive payment in full. Then there's debt collectors, etc as well. Just my two cents.

•••
•••
I think that, almost all of those who talking on this topic, is just overthinking. Let's hope everything is going in right way, And why we all need to discuss on any topic, which is not directly concern to anyone who is participating in this healthy discussion. In my view, This is just overthinking about someone, without knowing the fact. That's all.

•••
•••
the extension would be great for
To pronounce in the real world, .xyz is pretty bad, tho.

Good TLDs are all "1 syllable": .com, .net, .org, etc. Even .site, .best, .click are.
Then you have the "2 syllables": .info, .online, etc. and all ccTLDs as they are 2 letters you usually spell separately (with a few exceptions like .me).
.xyz is "3 syllables". You have to say each of the 3 letters. Which also does sound quite differently in many languages (you don't have this problem with most of the one syllable TLDs)

•••
If there's any legit criticism of xyz it's that it hasn't fully utilised its use cases outside of crypto and NFTs. I've mentioned before (somewhere) that the extension would be great for:
- education (esp literacy, math and music education - imagine Duolingo.xyz / LearnToSpell.xyz)
- gaming (esp puzzles)
- signage
- traffic, travel and transport
- Engineering
- Science, medicine, biotech and genomics which use acronyms and formulas.
- And general tech unrelated to crypto
The issue is that people aren't really familiar with the extension. Most know .com and their local ccTLD. If someone tells you, go to "duolingo dot com," they know you're talking about a site.

There's more to it than that, .xyz future is made bleaker by the fact that expired premium domains are being added to the premium listing increasing their renewal prices (even if you back-order them), just as a lot of good unregistered .xyz-domains were added to the premium listings. Meaning that fewer people are going to be interested in registering new ones. So we're not going to see a growth in .xyz: what's there is what we've got. And if it's not growing then the interest wanes as well.

If Swetha just left then .xyz-domains would be dead in the water anyway. Because he's the only one selling these domains.

•••
If Swetha just left then .xyz-domains would be dead in the water anyway. Because he's the only one selling these domains.

This tells a story... isn't it?

Edit: Has anyone ever heard of a TLD where a single person basically... owns it?

Last edited:
•••

If Swetha ever announced that *she* was leaving the industry someone would buy her portfolio.

And if any of you are one word .xyz holders planning not to renew your standard renewal domain names I'll be happy to review them and make you an offer.

Last edited:
•••
Edit: Has anyone ever heard of a TLD where a single person basically... owns it?
This is literally what Frank Schilling and other domain investors including Bhavin Turakhia, Jay Westerdal, and Negari did when they launched their registries.

But if you mean a third party? There have been individuals who have dominated the one word domain aftermarket in other TLDs. But no TLD made it as easy for a single person as .xyz did with their super low cost anniversary sales in the first couple of years.

•••
One of these is not like the others, ill let you guess.

sale.xyz - $3500 renewal
qr.xyz - $3000 renewal
bp.xyz - $3000 renewal
fears.xyz - $750 renewal
marino.xyz - $15 renewal
This is everything wrong with xyz and all new extensions.
Believe exorbitant “premium” renewal is not sustainable.
Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
If Swetha ever announced that *she* was leaving the industry someone would buy her portfolio.

And if any of you are one word .xyz holders planning not to renew your standard renewal domain names I'll be happy to review them and make you an offer.
Key word “standard renewal”
I beg every investor; make this your min. requirement for buying any xyz: —@kellie is savvy. this way of thinking should apply to buying any new ngtld extension.

Disclaimer: i own 99% .com!

Last edited:
•••
Anything involved with Negari should always be cautious.

•••

It looks like you believe in the extension. How many xyz names do you currently own?

•••
•••
I currently own about 285 .xyz domains.
And how many have you sold? could you also tell us the names you have sold if it's not an XYZ top secret lol

•••
And how many have you sold? could you also tell us the names you have sold if it's not an XYZ top secret lol
I'd sold many .xyz domains between 2015 and 2018 up to about $5k before GDPR came into effect and stopped inquiries via email. After I priced everything in my portfolio over a long weekend and put it up on Alter.com I sold Places just two weeks later in October 2021. Things were strong the rest of that year. Quiet in Q1 2022 when I pivoted to Dan.com, picked up again in Q2-Q4, then quiet again until recently.

Since October 2021 these are the .xyz domains I've sold for more than $2000 from my own portfolio:

Heirloom $8000
Hackathon $9999
Bio $10000
Contracts $14888
Uno $16888
Merch $16888
Places $16888
MVP $42888

There are three other transactions that were lease to own that stopped paying between 4-9 months :
Riot- 12 month LTO paid for four months and I netted $4800 (a finance startup that didn't take off)
Gigs - 60 month LTO paid for six months and I netted $3180 (only ever got to a landing page)
Dos - 60 month LTO paid for nine months and I netted $3177 (DreamOS "the operating system for Web3)

I have two LTO active for .xyz domains: insiders and mega.

•••
Ok this cements it. There is definitely something happening here. We're going to get to the bottom of this come whale or high sail.

*jokes aside, amazing @kellie and thx for reveals. Those unfinished LTOs are interesting.

•••
I'd sold many .xyz domains between 2015 and 2018 up to about $5k before GDPR came into effect and stopped inquiries via email. After I priced everything in my portfolio over a long weekend and put it up on Alter.com I sold Places just two weeks later in October 2021. Things were strong the rest of that year. Quiet in Q1 2022 when I pivoted to Dan.com, picked up again in Q2-Q4, then quiet again until recently.

Since October 2021 these are the .xyz domains I've sold for more than $2000 from my own portfolio:

Heirloom $8000
Hackathon $9999
Bio $10000
Contracts $14888
Uno $16888
Merch $16888
Places $16888
MVP $42888

There are three other transactions that were lease to own that stopped paying between 4-9 months :
Riot- 12 month LTO paid for four months and I netted $4800 (a finance startup that didn't take off)
Gigs - 60 month LTO paid for six months and I netted $3180 (only ever got to a landing page)
Dos - 60 month LTO paid for nine months and I netted $3177 (DreamOS "the operating system for Web3)

So hopefully this puts to rest the whole argument over xyz sales not being genuine and controlled by some shady person pulling the strings.

•••
So hopefully this puts to rest the whole argument over xyz sales not being genuine and controlled by some shady person pulling the strings.
The keyword here being hopefully. Unfortunately doubtful will probably be more so.

Last edited:
•••

Heirloom $8000
Hackathon $9999
Bio $10000
Contracts $14888
Uno $16888
Merch $16888
Places $16888
MVP $42888

One more reason for me to avoid the temptation of using LTO again. Thanks for this comment.

Otherwise - nice sales.

•••
There's more to it than that, .xyz future is made bleaker by the fact that expired premium domains are being added to the premium listing increasing their renewal prices (even if you back-order them), just as a lot of good unregistered .xyz-domains were added to the premium listings. Meaning that fewer people are going to be interested in registering new ones. So we're not going to see a growth in .xyz: what's there is what we've got. And if it's not growing then the interest wanes as well.
There's some truth there. I saw ArabEmirates.xyz in pending delete and didn't act quick enough to get it.

The next thing I see, is that it has now been 'registry reserved'.

•••

Heirloom $8000
Hackathon $9999
Bio $10000
Contracts $14888
Uno $16888
Merch $16888
Places $16888
MVP $42888

I really doubt this.

mvp.ai sold for 6K
mvp.xyz sold for 43K

If somebody believes that.....be my guest.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back