Dynadot

new gtlds Everyone saying to not invest in gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steger13

Established Member
Impact
I was lookong at other gTLD and ccLD to see if i could get any one words L, LL, LLL, LLLL of anything and its all taken! every where in all the gtld and cctld. So why everyone on the interenet sais to not invest in those? Everyone already invested there. I dont get it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rick Schwartz‏ Verified account @DomainKing
Nearly ALL new #GTLD's will eventually and simply forward to an existing .COM site never to be heard from again. #Domains

Frank Schilling: I’ve seen many domain investors make more money selling new gtld names than most .com-only domainers make in a year. Fortune favors the bold.

Copyright DomainGang.com: http://domaingang.com/domain-news/in-case-you-missed-it-schilling-schwartz-and-mann-on-domain-names/

Amazing how they both still contradict each other after 3 years.

only one of them can be right. Who will be right that is the million dollar question. Personally I bet on Team Schwartz.

Last edited:
•••
what about renewal fees?

My opinion: revision of renewal fees by the registrars will be the catalyst to send new gtld sales prices soaring....once the more popular and versatile extensions drop their renewal fees (i.e .shop) - aftermarket sales will hit unprecedented heights. We just need the registrar's to wake up. and they will...it takes time.

Meantime, its nice to have an arsenal of quality new gtlds for when that moment comes...

•••
I am a commodity trader by profession - please don't tell me history does not repeat itself.... this is a joke.

well if you do know better..
ever heard of golman suckhs?

•••
•••
You're just talking gibberish now...

I'll give u a nice german example Mr.Frank-Germany... ocean-freight rates soared around 2007-2008... so german KG shipowners started building more and more Container Ships to take advantage of these amazing freight rates... Then they realized by building more ships and creating more capacity in the market freight rates crash. This same shit happens every 10-20 years. Because people believe that history doesnt repeat itself..."this time is different" they say...

Freight rates go to shit, so people stop building more ships...which sends freight rates back up... and its a constant vicious cycle of history repeating itself..

Welcome to Commodities.

This applies to domains... Just like new gtld's flooded the market - people believe that the increased supply to choose from will destroy values... That is true until all that capacity is soaked up.. sending prices back up!!!!!

•••
do not invest in
.xyz
.horse
.rodeo
.top
.loan
.link
.click
.fan
.fans
etc..

go with donuts & rightside domains

•••
My opinion: revision of renewal fees by the registrars will be the catalyst to send new gtld sales prices soaring....once the more popular and versatile extensions drop their renewal fees (i.e .shop) - aftermarket sales will hit unprecedented heights. We just need the registrar's to wake up. and they will...it takes time.

Meantime, its nice to have an arsenal of quality new gtlds for when that moment comes...
Exactly..agreed 100%.
Lot of people here are getting ready and building their portfolios..so all of them has something..maybe except.. @dordomai ? Dordomai have you bought at least 1 new gTLD domain so far, are you getting ready too? :)

•••
Exactly..agreed 100%.
Lot of people here are getting ready and building their portfolios..so all of them has something..maybe except.. @dordomai ? Dordomai have you bought at least 1 new gTLD domain so far, are you getting ready too? :)

bought 2, grace deleted both.

•••
bought 2, grace deleted both.
Dordomain, you should get something, believe me..you have very good knowledge about them now, so get some :)

•••
The renewal fees are too high on most of the new TLDs. For a product that doesn't really exist, there is no reason to have renewal fees in the mid-20s and 30s.

•••
•••
here's another great example
pro.domains - renewal $960. (taken since 2014)

•••
This applies to domains... Just like new gtld's flooded the market - people believe that the increased supply to choose from will destroy values... That is true until all that capacity is soaked up.. sending prices back up!!!!!

yes you are right
... if you talk about the value of .com

history still doesn't repeat itself
just because some markets run in cycles

1) its never exact ( like a 10 years cycle may last 12 years this time )
2) its never exact as it different each time..

if a capacity is to large to be sucked up -for example
it can't repeat as its different this time

and its different every time

still you are right
the value of .com will go up
-here I am with you-
.. ok I know you didn't say so.

Last edited:
•••
cough padded pockets icann cough

•••
I think it's clear where your vested interest lies.

Absolutely, against overpriced ugly .com domain names being pimped by a cartel of .commie 'domainers' as a 'premium'

Collusion much?

Notice how it's always the same accounts? Going off-topic in every thread that is ngtld related because they crapped their pants when they read the title 'better than .com'

The cowards are afraid their pyramid scheme is crumbling

Last edited:
•••

BINGO

We have a winner

•••
Really? I thought that no . was better for domain because its easyer for ppl to remember?

readingwordswithoutanyspacingisdifficulttomakeoutandweirdtotype

but.if.you.break.the.words.with.a.visual.indicator.such.as.a.space.or.dot.it.is.simply.better

•••
In domaining it is better to have limited vocabulary, buying obscure words does not help anyone.

If you like doing that you can buy cacophony.beer for $96/year. Dictionary word bargain ahead.

Shows how ridiculous the pricing structure really is and it will get much worse than that in the future.

who says I'm buying obscure words?

•••
do not invest in
.xyz
.horse
.rodeo
.top
.loan
.link
.click
.fan
.fans
etc..

go with donuts & rightside domains

why not .loan and .link?

•••
[QUOgtl.ythm8, post: 6164572, member: 72446"]Absolutely, against overpriced ugly .com domain names being pimped by a cartel of .commie 'domainers' as a 'premium'

Collusion much?

Notice how it's always the same accounts? Going off-topic in every thread that is ngtld related because they crapped their pants when they read the title 'better than .com'

The cowards are afraid their pyramid scheme is crumbling[/QUOTE]

So what new gtld you think we should start to invest in all of them or just a few?

•••

The cowards are afraid their pyramid scheme is crumbling

Notice how it's always the same accounts hyping nGTLDs in every thread? (.com or new gTLD related).

To stay on topic: I don't think the new gTLDs are a wise investment for the dozens of reasons already mentioned. What people do with their money is their business though. At the end of the day it doesn't affect my business one bit if some domain investor buys some new gTLDs.

Last edited:
•••

in case you haven't noticed, the thread title is: Everyone saying to not invest in gTLD

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I guess @Rhythm8 crapped his pants ;).

crappedpants.club still available for $0.99
maybe rhythm will buy it. he said he likes to buy keyword domains with low renewal fees.

Last edited:
•••
why not .loan and .link?

.loan is blocked by spam filters because of such a high % of spam. .link is owned by a domainer.

if you think a domainer will allow you to make money with his domains think again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back